Conor Sammon to Sheff Utd - FLW

Jenkinson

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol Trombo just saying that if an Ipswich fan happens to view this board..

Their fans know he's useless, it's Mick McCarthy we're trying to convince. And he's a clever bloke so he wouldn't waste his time or money  :lol:

Sammon needs regular football and to build his confidence. He'd surely be available a cut price deal (undisclosed nominal fee) to get him off the wage bill, and I'm sure Conor would take a pay cut if he ended up with more chance playing? McCarthy may take a punt, as he did OK with McGoldrick who couldn't score for the Gumps (just as we picked up Martin for free and look what a revelation he was). Surely the Irish connection would help too?

I was very surprised over the summer when he opted to get married and go on his honeymoon, rather than play for the Irish national team. That fella has his priorities all wrong :D

Sammon needs regular football and to build his confidence. He'd surely be available a cut price deal (undisclosed nominal fee) to get him off the wage bill, and I'm sure Conor would take a pay cut if he ended up with more chance playing? McCarthy may take a punt, as he did OK with McGoldrick who couldn't score for the Gumps (just as we picked up Martin for free and look what a revelation he was). Surely the Irish connection would help too?

I was very surprised over the summer when he opted to get married and go on his honeymoon, rather than play for the Irish national team. That fella has his priorities all wrong :D

Really?! wow - which one do you mean though: McGoldfishrick or Sammon (I know you don't mean Marlin)? For his own Hake, he does need to move to calmer waters.......be good if another club could poach him. SORRY!!! I've never had a go at the fishy puns before......buoy did I enjoy it though. Anyway, fun's over, back to work - better get me Skate on......      

NC has confirmed Sheff U are in talks with a Championship club over the loaning of a striker. Sammon?

No greater authority than Einstein defined "Insanity" as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Does that really sound like Nigel to anyone?

Ok - instructions say light fuse, stand back, and do not return to this thread.

Here's my Under-Waterboys United (U-WUT FC) team selection for the upcoming Natural World Cup:

1. Scott Loach

2. Kieron Freewillyman

3. Ashley Coley 

4. Hake Buxton

5. Zack Whitingbread

6. Pilchard Keogh

7. Jaws Thorne

8. Albancore Bunskipjaku Tuna

9. Chris Marlin 

10. David McGoldfishrick

11. Ivan Calamario   

Sub: 18. Conor Salmon

Coach - Eric St Eel

No greater authority than Einstein defined "Insanity" as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Does that really sound like Nigel to anyone?

Ok - instructions say light fuse, stand back, and do not return to this thread.

Sammon would be quality in league one to be fair

Here's my Under-Waterboys United (U-WUT FC) team selection for the upcoming Natural World Cup:

1. Scott Loach

2. Kieron Freewillyman

3. Ashley Coley 

4. Hake Buxton

5. Zack Whitingbread

6. Pilchard Keogh

7. Jaws Thorne

8. Albancore Bunskipjaku Tuna

9. Chris Marlin 

10. David McGoldfishrick

11. Ivan Calamario   

Sub: 18. Conor Salmon

Coach - Eric St Eel

I see you have Sammon only as a sub (marine). I expect he would leap at the chance to play in that side. He is no small fry.

What if he has just brought himself a brand new house and got married would he want to move ? Would any of you lot want to move in that situation?

If he bought his house in the last 2 years I still think it unlikely he can find his front door.

I suspect his Mrs might also say "you go love, for your career, and why don't you stay up Sheffield during the week, oh and on Saturdays too and I will stay at home and look after our property investment".

Sorry, couldn't stay away - it's like shooting Fish in a barrel!

Sammon would be quality in league one to be fair

Being serious for a mo. I wouldn't disagree RLACML - my instincts are that Conor is a top guy and someone who offers a tremendous amount of hard work and energy to the Club. Not really his fault we overestimated his value both in terms of transfer fee paid and what he gets for his weekly take home. It might work well for all concerned to let him get some game time, confidence, and hopefully goals, down at League one level as it might be our only way to get some eventual return on investment when we do have a chance to sell.

Hardly a surprise just a comfirmation from SDSR:

Nice to see Mac has got a full functioning pair of eyes.

We need shot of this bloke.

His work rate and commitment I just can't fault in anyway.

But he just hasn't got a football brain.

He is simply not good enough and he never will be.

Nice to see Mac has got a full functioning pair of eyes.

We need shot of this bloke.

His work rate and commitment I just can't fault in anyway.

But he just hasn't got a football brain.

He is simply not good enough and he never will be.

Haha :D

Yeah I agree. In another system/formation he may work better, but to play as the lone striker in our formation you need certain qualities, which he does not have.

What if he has just brought himself a brand new house and got married would he want to move ? Would any of you lot want to move in that situation?

He would not have to if the club is within a reasonable driving distance. Plenty of clubs within 80 miles of Derby. 

Archived