Conor Sammon to Sheff Utd - FLW

Jenkinson

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat at work and nearly got hit in the head by a stray Sammon first touch.

Obviously I say I nearly got hit as his aim isn't good enough to actually hit me.

If he wasn't aiming for you then surely whether he hit you or not is irrelevant. Please rethink your post and come back later.

Can't see us letting Sammon go anywhere until we have got another forward signed up...having Sammon on the bench is a better option than having no one

I dunno. It's a trick. When he's on the pitch you think you can pass to him and stuff.

Can't see us letting Sammon go anywhere until we have got another forward signed up...having Sammon on the bench is a better option than having no one

Against Milwall, it was like having no one upfront.

For someone who's meant to be a CF, he has a terrible aerial presence. He can do a job coming on just by running at tired defenders. But that really is it with Sammon.

What never ceases to amaze me is what, exactly, did anyone ever see in him - either at Wigan or Derby - to suggest he's good enough for a team trying to get out of this league, let alone stay in the one above?

I have no issues with the bloke himself, he's given nothing but 100% to the cause and I get the impression he's good to have about in the dressing room.

Still, he was barely good enough when we were a mid-table side, and what's required of a striker on his wages has stepped up a couple more gears since last season.

I really will be happy to see him go. When you think the amount of resources we poured into that signing at the time, you could weep. A marquee signing like that should be a player that kids want on their shirt, who gets you up off your feet. But, as Alpha Signia once described him, what we got was a "gallivanting giraffe".

He represents everything that was wrong with the club from out relegation up to last summer.

Against Milwall, it was like having no one upfront.

For someone who's meant to be a CF, he has a terrible aerial presence. He can do a job coming on just by running at tired defenders. But that really is it with Sammon.

What never ceases to amaze me is what, exactly, did anyone ever see in him - either at Wigan or Derby - to suggest he's good enough for a team trying to get out of this league, let alone stay in the one above?

I have no issues with the bloke himself, he's given nothing but 100% to the cause and I get the impression he's good to have about in the dressing room.

Still, he was barely good enough when we were a mid-table side, and what's required of a striker on his wages has stepped up a couple more gears since last season.

I really will be happy to see him go. When you think the amount of resources we poured into that signing at the time, you could weep. A marquee signing like that should be a player that kids want on their shirt, who gets you up off your feet. But, as Alpha Signia once described him, what we got was a "gallivanting giraffe".

He represents everything that was wrong with the club from out relegation up to last summer.

Dont get me wrong I dont rate the guy as good enough for us or to play the lone forward role but I think he is a better option from the bench than having nobody...if he wasnt on the bench against Watford away or Boro at home and we had no other forward option then we wouldnt have won those games...I dont think we should keep him but I also dont think we should get rid until we have someone else through the door as a forward option

My pproblem is he seems splay footed, in as muuch as he seems to run and shoot as if he is, which is seemingly no problem to him running but maybe an explanation of why he just cant strike a ball with anything other than the side of his foot !! Never mind the outside of his foot...which is probably why he who should not be named liked him :unsure: :unsure:

I have vaguely similar leanings toward Keogh...

Dont get me wrong I dont rate the guy as good enough for us or to play the lone forward role but I think he is a better option from the bench than having nobody...if he wasnt on the bench against Watford away or Boro at home and we had no other forward option then we wouldnt have won those games...I dont think we should keep him but I also dont think we should get rid until we have someone else through the door as a forward option

Sorry, I just used your post as the start of a rant having just got in  :ph34r:

Yeah, okay, there are some worse options to have on the bench. Don't forget though, Sammon missed an absolute sitter before his winner at Watford, though we do have Sammon to thank for his...erm "finish"?....against Boro which won us the 3 points.

Sorry, I just used your post as the start of a rant having just got in :ph34r:

Yeah, okay, there are some worse options to have on the bench. Don't forget though, Sammon missed an absolute sitter before his winner at Watford, though we do have Sammon to thank for his...erm "finish"?....against Boro which won us the 3 points.

He has missed loads of sitters for us but I just think come 75mins plus him coming off the bench to run around like a headless chicken causes other teams problems purely as he occupies defenders resulting in space for others...him doing that for us is better than having nobody to do it...until we get someone else in to play upfront then keep sammon.

He has missed loads of sitters for us but I just think come 75mins plus him coming off the bench to run around like a headless chicken causes other teams problems purely as he occupies defenders resulting in space for others...him doing that for us is better than having nobody to do it...until we get someone else in to play upfront then keep sammon.

Agree with this

If we shipped Sammon out before we ''replaced'' him it would not matter. He is useless. He can't score. He can not hold up the ball and he does not win headers. Bennett, Ward, Russell, Dawkins all might be smaller than Sammon but they would all do a better job as backup to Martin. 

Archived