Jonathan Parr

ossieram

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 pages of puns... Wow. Surely puns have **** all to do with "Transfer Talk? There should be a designated pun thread, So people don't have to go through 100 posts to find anything that actually relates the story. Sort it out.

12 pages of puns... Wow. Surely puns have **** all to do with "Transfer Talk? There should be a designated pun thread, So people don't have to go through 100 posts to find anything that actually relates the story. Sort it out.

We do it for your own benefit - that way, every journey through a thread becomes a treasure hunt. You would be like the little child hunting for eggs on Easter Sunday - think of the joy when you find a single comment uncluttered with puns.

Think of the disappointment when it's a comment that despite throwing in the name 'Jonathan Parr', has nothing to do with the thread at all, and it is one that is purely there to waste your time. The child and egg analogy still holds good - but the comment is a dog egg.

Like this one.

:p  :D

The solution is simpler - a mod updates the thread title when there's some actual news, with the page number if necessary.

ie

Jonathan Parr (linked, no news)

Jonathan Parr (interest confirmed, p6)

Jonathan Parr (offered contract, p9)

Jonathan Parr (signed, p17)

Jonathan Parr (Released, p45)

The solution is simpler - a mod updates the thread title when there's some actual news, with the page number if necessary.

ie

Jonathan Parr (linked, no news)

Jonathan Parr (interest confirmed, p6)

Jonathan Parr (offered contract, p9)

Jonathan Parr (signed, p17)

Jonathan Parr (Released, p45)

Clever

i think this guy makes a good point, is it worth a punt?

The mods should stick (PI) in the thread title like the old pun days. 

That way the boring members know the thread is infested with puns and they don't need to look in.

Anyway, I solheimly swear to do no more puns.

I can imagine it now:

Derby seem a nice club, got a good contract on offer and I'm looking forward to pushing for promotion next season. Maybe I should check the message boards to see what they think of me first though...

11 Pages! They must think a lot of me.

...golf puns... pages and pages of golf puns...

...all my life I've put up with this, I'm not taking it from...

...no no, don't get mad, I'll just go on the forum and just ask if they'd make those kinds of jokes if I joined, nothing sus.

Later, on the forum:

It's all fun and games now, but surely nobody would make golf puns if he actually signed eh?

Parr for the course ain't it?

Depends if he makes the scorecard

...400 pages of golf puns later:

Jonathan Parr signs for Birmingham

Archived