Never park at Stanmore

Hongdo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great day with no traffic hassle but a huge wasted opportunity for the team :(

Living in West Mids, went via M40 / A40 into the Wembley area; early start but nil traffic before 11.00 am!

Through the Greenford Road into Wembley High St very easily then a short hop to the 'parkatmyhouse' resident's drive scheme (£20)....was walking distance to the stadium - in fact closer than we park to get to the iPro!

Exit was busier - but a few mins circumventing the closed streets close to the stadium to reach the A40 westbound and away we went! Back home to see the Champions League final...Real Madrid victorious after a scare - much like QPR.

Unfortunately, it all reminded me again that DCFC just blew one of the most one-sided games in our history.

our coach driver got a 70p tip from me.

I didn't put any in, didn't have any with me. I'd gladly chip in next time fer the guy collecting for him some deodorant though cos he stank.

I didn't put any in, didn't have any with me. I'd gladly chip in next time fer the guy collecting for him some deodorant though cos he stank.

I don't know, must have been the heating you wanted on full blast that did him.

I don't know, must have been the heating you wanted on full blast that did him.

God he was rank.

And I wanted it turned off cos there flames coming off me feet. Was cold all the way home though but I didn't like saying owt.

Is that the massive bloody eyesore directly in front of the stadium?

I don't think so mate, it's across from that shopping mall thing. When I got there I was in a rush and was amazed by the stadium, when I left I was looking at me feet!

Ugly place though isn't it? Not very good roads. Just the actual stadium is amazing.

Parked on level 5 of the red car park and stood by the car for an hour chatting and eating picnic until it had died down. We eventually got out just as they closed the road to let the coaches out and diverted us past the Green Man pub.

Stopped at Northampton services for tea and got back to the people's Republic of Mickleover at ten to ten

Our coach left Derby just after 8:30 and was parked at the Green man around 11:30.

Getting away was crap though, But our driver seemed to know his way around the back roads but we still hit traffic. Back in Derby about 9ish.

Archived