Never park at Stanmore

Hongdo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I go again, I will park at Wycombe, I think.

I stayed at the Wendover Arms hotel for £37. Left my car at the hotel and caught the train from High Wycombe. 5 stops and 20 mins and at the stadium. No queues going back either. On the M40 within 40 mins of leaving the ground.

I stayed at the Wendover Arms hotel for £37. Left my car at the hotel and caught the train from High Wycombe. 5 stops and 20 mins and at the stadium. No queues going back either. On the M40 within 40 mins of leaving the ground.

Nice one, that confirms it.

Left at 11.15

Saw the signs about delays on the M1 so diverted to the m42/m40 which soon felt like a mistake but maybe wasn't judging by these stories.

M42 was slow.

My estimated arrival time went from 1.30 to 2.10

M40 was busy around oxford but tanked the final stretch and clawed back 15 minutes

But then crawled up wembley high street and parked on Wembley Hill road at 2.10

3 hours overall

Got into the ground about 2.45. no time for a drink

Took me a while to get through the crush and back to the car at 5.30

Made the mistake of going back to the M1 via Stanmore where traffic just crawled along.

Back about 8.30

Another 3 hour journey.

We left at 9:30 on the M1 didnt get in the ground until 3:10.

I ran the whole length of the Olympic Way as well they must have seen me coming as they started playing Chariots of Fire.   :lol:

To be fair getting the 83 bus and the A41 out of London onto the M1 was a good choice I got back at 7:30 which was a pretty good turn around.

I parked about 5 mins walk from Wembley and was back in Sheffield by 9.30. The bulk of the journey was getting though Harrow and Stanmore. Next time it'll be Watford and train in - though to point is moot given we're getting automatic next year...

I got to stanmore turn off at 11 only 2 miles to tube hour and half later parked absolute chaos. What goes off when 2 northern teams go to wembley . Parked the next street after tube some bloke their with a sign could have been anyone half expected to be clamped with some guy saying what you parked on my drive for.

Parkatmyhouse is the way forward - Sneaky cut through on road up to Stanmore from Wembley cuts out queues in Stanmore and pops you onto A5 to rejoin road to Junction 4 after Tube chaos.....However this information is redundant as we will be going up automatically next year....though bear it in mind if we get to a cup final!   COYR

Parkatmyhouse is the way forward - Sneaky cut through on road up to Stanmore from Wembley cuts out queues in Stanmore and pops you onto A5 to rejoin road to Junction 4 after Tube chaos.....However this information is redundant as we will be going up automatically next year....though bear it in mind if we get to a cup final! COYR

Yes indeed. Derby have a fantastic record in cups.

Archived