Never park at Stanmore

Hongdo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never go on an organised club coach, too restrictive.. If your local is doing something fair enough but club coaches no..

All those who park in car parks near the ground.. Were you really surprised it too ages to get out?

It's well known how to get in and out of Wembley.. 

I'm wondering this.

Especially if you drove, why not just park at Watford or outside London somewhere and get the tube in, must be much easier no?

I drove to cockfosters and paid £2 to park all day in a huge car park it's was just 5 mins of the motorway.

Just under an hour on the tube to get to Wembley but avoided all the chaos and had stress free travel both ways and got back to derby for just after 8.

Never never driver to the location of a major event that's what all the idiots do

I drove to cockfosters and paid £2 to park all day in a huge car park it's was just 5 mins of the motorway.

Just under an hour on the tube to get to Wembley but avoided all the chaos and had stress free travel both ways and got back to derby for just after 8.

Never never driver to the location of a major event that's what all the idiots do

Why call people who park at the ground idiots ?? I clapped the lads at the final whistle walked to my car and was the first one out of the green car park, on the north circular in five minutes and back in Derby for 6.45, idiot ??? No just smart !!

Hey, we paid £29! We assumed he knew where to go and not to go.

My £0.70 tip reflected this.

Quite agree.

Idiots?? Shurrup yer jibba jabba.

I parked at Watford and got home at 8

My mate who Iives a street away parked on a drive close to ground and got home at 7.30.

Who's the idiot?

Easy journey. Left home at 08:00, arrived at Watford underground at 09:50. Arrived at Wembley Park 10:30. Home by 19:30.  Cost me £2 to park and £4.70 return on the train. Really can't see what Londoners have to compain about re London Transport. They don't know they're born.

Easy journey. Left home at 08:00, arrived at Watford underground at 09:50. Arrived at Wembley Park 10:30. Home by 19:30.  Cost me £2 to park and £4.70 return on the train. Really can't see what Londoners have to compain about re London Transport. They don't know they're born.

That's how to do it... Any later park Amersham or Chesham and come in via those stations.

Why call people who park at the ground idiots ?? I clapped the lads at the final whistle walked to my car and was the first one out of the green car park, on the north circular in five minutes and back in Derby for 6.45, idiot ??? No just smart !!

So you parked in the Green Car Park? That was supposed to be QPR which is why our coaches didn't park there. We passed that EMPTY coach park at just after 1pm and had to queue for 40 minutes to get into ours.

And the Met just stood and watched.

Not saying it's their job to organise the parking but surely they see what's happening and can give feedback to Wembley on how to improve it. Wouldn't that make it easier for everyone?

A bit of forward planning goes a long way.

So you parked in the Green Car Park? That was supposed to be QPR which is why our coaches didn't park there. We passed that EMPTY coach park at just after 1pm and had to queue for 40 minutes to get into ours.

Yes dav, it was half empty and when we left obviously all the QPR where still in the ground,, by the time I got to the exit I was doing 60mph that's how empty it was !! When I booked it up that was my plan for a quick get away, if we won or lost as long as I didn't park with our fans I would avoid the que.

Got the train down about 10, no seats but sat on the floor, arrived at St. Pancras about 11:30, then Euston Flyer for a couple of hours, lunch and a few drinks. Tube to Wembley Park. Easy as you like.

Left the ground about 5:15, couldn't move outside for about half an hour (why the outside walkway is about 10 metres wide is beyond me), eventually got the tube about 6. Had a few around Euston Rd, made our way back on a pretty quiet train at about 7 o'clock. Got back to my mates in Derby in time for 2nd half of Champions League final and a Chinki.

Other than the scramble outside Wembley it was fine.

The tube is a bloody brilliant invention.

I parked at Watford and got home at 8

My mate who Iives a street away parked on a drive close to ground and got home at 7.30.

Who's the idiot?

You drove to Watford not Wembley, the idiots are those whining that they missed the start got stuck after the event.

Not those who parked several miles away

Archived