Never park at Stanmore

Hongdo

We were on coach 4 from the iPro and got to the coach park about 1.30 had a wander around no problem. Stuck in coach park afterwards as it was every coach for itself!! got back in Derby about 9pm.

And what a dump the North Circular Road is just of the M1, did you see the state of the houses. dear oh dear. They are worth at leats £300k as well!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to my seat at 14:59:30. Got back to derby bus station on the national express at 22:20. 2 hours in the stadium and 10 hours on a coach. Not how I envisaged the day it's fair to say.

We must have been on the same coach. Late leaving Derby bus station, crawled all the way to Brent Cross, then the 'short' journey to the stadium took 38 minutes, then the driver didn't know where to go. Really thought it was going to kick off on our coach especially as he wouldn't open the doors!! Then the mad dash in the rain, up the steps, passed the poor folk whose tickets wouldn't scan, (now where are Seetickets based? oh yes, NOTTINGHAM). All the build up and excitement ruined. Journey back was worse and i am desperately trying to forget it. Our own fault for going on National Express. Plus, why put telephone numbers on official DCFC site when nobody can get through?…mind you, the phone's are probably manned by the same clowns who are so efficient serving drinks down the iPro at half time!! 100% proud of our performance on the pitch and cannot wait to go again in August. 

Anyone stuck there still?

Nope just looking over the calm waters of the Arabian Sea.. Coach driver did not have a clue what he was doing and mixed up Dubai with Derby. Lovely here..

I gave him a 0.70p tip though he seemed happy.

Nope just looking over the calm waters of the Arabian Sea.. Coach driver did not have a clue what he was doing and mixed up Dubai with Derby. Lovely here..

I gave him a 0.70p tip though he seemed happy.

Don't let anyone ever say you were never generous, AR.

Got on the coach in Spondon at 0900, finally got to M1 J4 for Stanmore at 1330. Stuck solid in traffic and was hearing it was taking 2hrs to get to the tube station. Decision made, we got out on the slip road and walked the 3 miles to the tube station. Got in the ground at 1430, didn't have a drop to drink from 0900 till 2100.....all in all a bad day rounded off by losing my phone!!!!

Roll on August though

Three hours to get out of the car park. Topped of a great day!

with all the travel tales I don't think anyone asked you about it taking 3 hours to get out of the car park. Was the tube full when you arrived back and it seriously took that long to drive off. I sometimes park at stanmore, i'll be more careful in future

It was the amount of cars trying to get out. Two tracks merging into one and at the exit, a very busy road preventing cars exiting. I sat in car, ate something and waited for it to calm down.

It was the amount of cars trying to get out. Two tracks merging into one and at the exit, a very busy road preventing cars exiting. I sat in car, ate something and waited for it to calm down.

geez sounds a nightmare. That road outside is pretty busy though. Once the car park was full and i drove a couple of miles to next stop. Loads of street parking nearby.

Archived