Never park at Stanmore

Hongdo

I don't get this obsession with leaving at the last minute and getting back as early as possible. What's the rush?

Exactly.

Leisurely stroll back to the pub, a few beers, back to the hotel, dinner, kip.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We too got to green man to find it heaving. We then went back down the hill and into the blue room i think it was? Anyway was a curry house with a big bar upstairs. Was an indian guy with a huge orange sign outside

I don't get this obsession with leaving at the last minute and getting back as early as possible. What's the rush?

Coach steward giving us 30 mins to get back.

Never go on an organised club coach, too restrictive.. If your local is doing something fair enough but club coaches no..

All those who park in car parks near the ground.. Were you really surprised it too ages to get out?

It's well known how to get in and out of Wembley.. 

Parked at Watford junction, left straight away, got back to Derby at 8. Plenty of people parked close to the ground using parkonmydrive.com or similar, be interested to see how easy it was to get in and out

We did this, just up the road from Stanmore, the biggest pain was the 45 min queue when getting off the M1, other than that, got straight out on way home. Home at 8.30 after a Burger King pit stop at Toddington.

So you leave at the same time as 87,000 others and wonder why you sit in a car park for a couple of hours waiting to get out?

But every other event or stadium have some sort of organisation to aid the access and egress of coaches, particularly when they encourage visitors to use that mode of transport.

Wembley had nothing, 200 coaches charging to a single exit was really efficient.

But every other event or stadium have some sort of organisation to aid the access and egress of coaches, particularly when they encourage visitors to use that mode of transport.

Wembley had nothing, 200 coaches charging to a single exit was really efficient.

But that's my point, we all know Wembley in impossible to get in and out of... Shock horror it was yesterday as well.

I'm not defending Wembley it's in a crap part of town with crap infrastructure.

But that's my point, we all know Wembley in impossible to get in and out of... Shock horror it was yesterday as well.

The majority of football grounds have the same issues but sort it out.

Murrayfield is just as bad infrastructure wise but they do a far better job of getting people away, twickenham do too

wish someone had told me. And the other poor fookers in the other 60 coach.

That's 3000 people who didn't know.

Apart from us though, everyone knew.

The majority of football grounds have the same issues but sort it out.

Murrayfield is just as bad infrastructure wise but they do a far better job of getting people away, twickenham do too

The houses around Murrayfield are nicer too ;-)

Personally, went on the train and had the least stressful day travel wise ever. Arrived St Pancras, leisurely walk up Euston Rd, stopping at a few pubs, tube to baker st, few more in the Weatherspoons there, short walk to Marylebone, few more there, Chiltern train to Wembley stadium, so quick on the return was at St Pancras for 5.40, will do the same for FA Cup final next year!

Parked behind st augustines church which i discovered by chance last time.

£15and a free p1ss.

Short walk to ground.

Our coach driver said that M40/A40 is a much easier route in and the M1 way is always a shitter.

Why go that way then?

Archived