Redcar and Co

Alph

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart of Midlothian run a Loyalty Point scheme that is deemed reasonably fair.

Each registered person on the database has a Customer Number then has points added based on whether they are a debenture holder, season ticket holder, club member etc. Points are added on for every away game ticket or additional home game ticket purchased. Points are only given for the last two seasons i.e a lapsed season ticket holder or fair weather fan, for example, will still have a Customer No. but no loyalty points. A season ticket holder who also attends most away games will have more points than a S/T holder who goes to home games only.

Come Finals, Semi's, Away Games; tickets are made available in phases based on a minimum level of loyalty points that varies dependent on how many tickets available. So the club rewards the most 'loyal' supporters first by giving them first dibs in phase 1. A lower level of points is set for phase 2, if any tickets are left. If you buy a ticket in phase 1 you can't buy any more tickets in phase 2 and so on until a general sale.

That's similar to the system Brighton used for the playoff semi.

Just got a mate a ticket on first for football £295

I told him he should have a season ticket and we

Will soon have half back happy days

@DCFCtickets: Please do not buy tickets through non official sources, it is illegal. They don't have tickets and people using them will be disappointed.

How does it work for Man Utd then. I've no idea how many ST's they have, but lets say they have 50,000 as an example.

They reach a cup final and are allocated 25,000 tickets, how do they decide who gets them? I seem to recall they used to draw numbers out but may be completely wrong?

How does it work for Man Utd then. I've no idea how many ST's they have, but lets say they have 50,000 as an example.

They reach a cup final and are allocated 25,000 tickets, how do they decide who gets them? I seem to recall they used to draw numbers out but may be completely wrong?

They will have some platinum membership type scheme.

We should be relieved the ticket allocation isn't the same as the FA Cup final - 25k to each club. That's a bloody disgrace and the FA bigwigs should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves!

Fans still get the tickets - they just have to buy them off touts at twice face value instead of from the club they support. 

they don't do an early bird ticket like us. Next door neighbough is over the moon his ticket price hasn't gone up. Until i told him what we might get if we go up. It was great seeing his face drop.

Clubs got it right in my opinion. I support derby have tattoos n all that but don't have a season ticket as get free tickets from work for me and my lad also he gets a free training session at the dw thrown in to boot, for all Saturday games k.o 3pm. Knowing derby were definitely in the playoffs brought a rams squad membership for £15. Paid for its self really got priority for the semi final to sit where I actually wanted to sit, priority for final tickets also for road rider. Moral is when we booked into the playoffs buy a membership get priority get the option of the cheaper seats and travel and ultimately get your money's worth why gamble on not getting a ticket or pay over the odds for one.

includung season ticket holders who could get two more.

If they gave ST the right to get two then noone else would have got a chance.

Yep and QPR fans have homed in on that one, saying we had to go to general sales to sell the tickets. They even reckon they have a demand for 45,000 :)

It's all well and good buying a ticket but will the dole money stretch to a train fare?
Doubt it you smelly northern tramp

I said I wouldn't go there - but someone sent me this......hehe

QPR mean nothing to me - just another team to play.

Just block Japan and Cornwall.

Just got a mate a ticket on first for football £295

I told him he should have a season ticket and we

Will soon have half back happy days

Ooops. Hope you haven't just chucked yer money down the drain. S' pose you can't get it back?

I think the membership thingy needs reviewing, buying a membership for £40 doesn't mean anything IMO, some get it just to get a Forest away ticket, it doesn't mean they go to any other away games.

Although I appreciate it's difficult for the club to do it fairly, you could go to every away game, but if your mate happens to be the one who goes down for the ticket then there might not even be a record of you going.

I guess someone's always going to be unhappy about missing out.

Archived