Any particular pub(s) that rams fans are going to pack out pre-match?

HertsRam

London 0 And I'm more Scottish than Martin and I was born in Hull 4

The Jesus & Mary Chain Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9.00. They play Glasgow Barrowlands Fri 21st Nov. Psychocandy Tour, going to be a good un 4 Arsenal 0 FGS Tony Adams on the Hops (OG)

Some candy talking.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presume these will be ours then.Around the ground that is.

The Green Man - Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF

Blue Room - 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE

JJ Moons - 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT

Thirsty Eddie’s - 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH

Flannery’s - 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF

Mannions - 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA

The Copper Jug - 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU

Fusilier - 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA

Powerleague - Olympic Way, Wembley - S

Man City fan here wishing you all the best for the play off final.  Always had a soft spot for The Rams as City/Derby was the first game I watched at Maine Road as a kid in the late 70's.  My best mate of 20 years is also a Ram, who still comes up to Manchester a few times a year to watch City with his young lad.

Anyway, City have always had the WEST side of the ground, so a quick heads up about the pubs.

The Green Man is probably the biggest and has a big beer garden where they usually have a BBQ on.  

Those on Wembley High Street get rammed out really quickly and you can end up spending half your afternoon in a scrum trying to get served.  You pass these on the right if you're getting off at Wembley Central.

JJ Moons (Wetherspoons) is probably the cheapest and they have a small beer garden at the back if you can't move inside.

What hundreds of fans have started doing recently is heading for the Greyhound Pub facing Mannions.  Although it's now closed they have a grassy area outside, where the police have always been happy to let us congregate.  Plenty of off licences, take aways, bookies in walking distance.  There's some pay toilets there which they always open for people to use for free.  If you get a sunny day it's a great place to congregate.  You see all the coaches coming into the ground and a great place to spot mates, ex players etc walking past.  Every time you want a jar, just dig another one out of your bag.  No queueing up.  When bag is empty walk across the road and re-stock.  The offies have the fridges well stocked.

The Ibis hotel right next to the ground has a bar that opens before and after the game and is a good spot if you're meeting anyone either side of the game.

Good luck on the 24th and hope to see you back in the Premiership in August.

Hi all, sent a email to the queens head, had a reply they would be happy to open early for the Rams. Replied that I would post on here to gauge if anyone wishes to drink there, and will let them know.

Friday afternoon and night, no contest as everyone who wants a get together are heading for Convent Garden. 9 am at St Pancras you may struggle as its a little early. At this time head for The Moon Under Water (Wetherspoons) on Leicester Square - loads of Derby meeting here around 9am. Later into St Pancras or Euston O'Neills etc will be open.

For some strange reason Derby have been given the west end and west side pubs. This means that many Derby will arrive at Wembley Park where the QPR pubs are many QPR who are local will arrive at Wembley Central where the Derby pubs are on Wembley High Street. I am aiming for Wembley Central but be aware that most pubs will stop serving at 2pm (an hour before kick off). I aim to get to Wembley Central around 2pm, buy a couple of cans from the many off licences and take a leisurely stroll to the ground (around a 15 minute walk) to soak up the atmosphere.  

Officially or otherwise I expect us to take the Globe on Baker St as we did in '07.

I'd imagine QPR will go to pubs closer to home as they can get up to Wembley from Shepherds Bush Market very easily. Should give us more of a pick!

Any good pubs near St Pancras/Kings Cross Station?

Aberdeenshire Rams will be there 11:30ish, St Pancras is only 21 mins away from Wembley Park, direct on the Metropolitan line (Purple line).

And St Pancras is near enough to find pubs that we'll get served and can chat in, as the ones near Wembley will be mobbed out, and I don't want to wait hours at the bar trying to get served and having to shout at everyone for 3 hours before the game, I'm keeping my singing voice ready for the game, well I'll sing a few on route, after I've scooped a few pints of Guiness.

there is a great pub betweem euston overland and euston square called 'bree louise'. Tonnes of beers you have never heard of and stacks of cider to try too. Discount for camra members and I think servicemen/nhs.

No tickets talking. Must have sold out in seconds. But I'm sure some will pop up somewhere just like honey in the fridge.

glory hunter. Would you swap your wembley ticket for a jesus and mary chain one. I heard qpr fans were snapping them up so they could swap into the derby end.

The official Pub Split around Wembley

Derby County (west side):

• The Green Man: Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
  • Blue Room: 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
  • JJ Moons: 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
  • Thirsty Eddie’s: 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
  • Flannery’s: 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
  • Innisfree: 30 - 32 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6PG
  • Mannions: 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
  • The Copper Jug: 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
  • Powerleague: Olympic Way, Wembley
  • Fusilier: 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
  • Liquor Station: 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA

Why don't we make a plan for ..example we all meet up out side st pancras for 12 30  then we go drinking   

Because the bus i'm going on is parking at the green man, And i really can't be bothered to leave a pub to go to a train station to go to another pub.

The official Pub Split around Wembley

Derby County (west side):

• The Green Man: Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
  • Blue Room: 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
  • JJ Moons: 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
  • Thirsty Eddie’s: 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
  • Flannery’s: 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
  • Innisfree: 30 - 32 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6PG
  • Mannions: 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
  • The Copper Jug: 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
  • Powerleague: Olympic Way, Wembley
  • Fusilier: 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
  • Liquor Station: 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA

West side iz de best

We will be in the Wetherpoons 'The Ice Wharf' @ in Camden Lock from 9ish, probably stay there until the proper pubs open up.

Then probably head up to Wembley (the town) around half 12, and check out one of the above list.

I might try the green man if only out of curiosity

It did look cr@p on Hotel Inspector but i'll be parked 9 mins away.

Archived