Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

Michael Gove is a QPR fan. Just putting that one out there...

Saying that, I don't hate QPR. Just thought I'd try and rile everyone up with bile and hatred :cool:.

that's the first thing i've ever read gove that improved my opinion if him. I'm impressed he likes football and doesnt' just support chelsea/arsenal. Can someone find out he only supported them since they went up 2 years ago, and that was because he was given loads of cash by qprs money men.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sensible QPR fan. Welcome to the forum fella. You don't all think we're a tiny stepping stone in your quest to world domination then?

To be honest, most of our fans are as horrified at attempts at world domination as you might be in us possibly achieving that (which is madness in itself). With Mark Hughes and The PL we lost a lot of the soul of the club and a sizeable number would quite happily stick down a year and rebuild properly, rather than buying in. Not everyone is convinced that a return to the PL without properly addressing what went wrong before is suicidal

Yet the reality, we probably need to go up as the financial consequences could be fairly dire. TF says it isnt a problem and in part he may be right... we have a great many players out of contract this year. 

When we lost in the playoff final for Div1 to Cardiff, many thought that was our one and only chance of getting out of that league (we were in administration). Losing it, was not the end of the world and we enjoyed the following season far more. The championship has some attraction for us next year. Far more southern centric and doesnt look too difficult to get out of as dont rate those coming down or up.

If and when we lose to you, we will look back at a great day out (another defeat at Wembley) and move on... we will find some silver lining :p

that's the first thing i've ever read gove that improved my opinion if him. I'm impressed he likes football and doesnt' just support chelsea/arsenal. Can someone find out he only supported them since they went up 2 years ago, and that was because he was given loads of cash by qprs money men.

Apparently been a fan for many years and sits in the family end (Loft lower). Rumoured to have a season ticket

5 points over a 46 game season is nothing... Literally, nothing...

But, we finished with a +16 GD on them... That is huge, given they conceded less than us.

QPR have won 9 games by a 2 goal+ margin, and they've lost 6 games by a 2 goal+ margin.

Derby, on the other hand, have won 14 games by a 2 goal+ margin, and we've lost just four (only two under McLaren to Burnley and Leicester away).

Under McLaren we've been so much better than QPR, and the 5 point difference doesn't do our dominance justice.

QPR have good individuals, but we have such a better team... I'll be shocked if we don't win the final, and it would be a huge injustice to football.

If worse comes to worse and we lose the final, but we get Bamford, Wisdom and Thorne back next season, we'll p!ss the league and get automatic promotion with 90+ points whereas QPR will get relegated anyway. Their team will have no chance in the PL.

Oh cr@p... Bris is predicting a win..an easy win too!! Well..law of averages says you have to be actually right about something sometime! Please let this be the time..

Michael Gove is a QPR fan. Just putting that one out there...

Saying that, I don't hate QPR. Just thought I'd try and rile everyone up with bile and hatred :cool:.

Really?? Now we have to win. I can't stand the man. He's doing a seriously brilliant job of shafting the arts in the education system and demoralising teachers countrywide. 

I have this idea...

Be a tight cagey first half, the occasion maybe getting to a few of our players. We go in 1-0 down at half time. Some words of inspiration from the Mac and Bucko and we come out possessed in the second half to win 3-2. Barton sent off for impersonating a footballer.

i'm £112 lighter after buying a £75 ticket and a Shirt. So we better bloody win.  

Got to buy a new flange now

I really think we could smash this 4-0. An early goal and then another and I think they could fold keep it tight at the back and I think we'll win by just keep on pressing them like we did brighton.

While I think you may have picked the correct outcome, I would be a little surprised if our defence suddenly became this leaky. Admire your optimism, though

Archived