Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping the wide open spaces of Wembley will suit our fast flowing football and tire the threat of Austin etc...That combined with The Macs insider knowledge of those overpaid mercenaries from White City! And I reckon we should win 2-1

FGS Chrissy Martin

I wouldn't be at all worried about Kranjcar - their fans cannot stand him, they think he's toss. 

Charlie Austin has a horrible habit of scoring against us, let's home we put a stop to that. I'm going to lump on QPR to win, I'd hate to lose and get nothing for my misery. 

Not quite sure how to feel about this one. Watching the game last night, QPR were toss until McLean missed his chance to put Wigan up 2-0. That seemed to wake them up a little after that but there still seemed to be no fluidity about them even after the penalty went in - this might be down to Wigan though.

The only way I can see QPR really hurting us is if they manage to put pressure on our midfield when they are facing the defence, like Brighton did in the first half last Thursday. If they do, I'm hoping that McClaren will have started Hughes and Hendrick as I think their slightly better at drawing the foul or laying the ball off than Bryson is. The big pitch should limit this problem and tire QPR out (hopefully) although I still envisage them being dirty, hopefully Barton and O'Neill will get drawn into a booking early on.

I'm nervous, of course I am, but I'm still more optimistic than pessimistic. If we can play our game, overcome the nerves and attack as we have done, we should come away with a victory. If we start nervously, misplacing passes and being pressured into mistakes and I can see QPR getting an early goal and becoming difficult to break down.

Derby 3 - 1 QPR

Ward FRGS

Edit: Mclean not McClaren.

Is there an autocorrect?? i want to but m c l e a n but it keeps correcting to McClaren????

I think it was to aid the Florists when he joined us. Most of them are illiterate.

QPR fans are saying that their performance against Wigan was their best of the season. 

:)

Hello Rams

Rs fan in peace. First warning... keep away from We Are teh Rangers Boys... loathsome forum and not representative of more sensible/rational QPhaha, QPaRse, or whatever you like to call us. I suggest for slightly more sense to head over to LoftforWords. You may encounter idiots there, too, but far less so. We are fortunate enough to have a wonderful young football journo, by the name of Clive Whittingham. (perhaps read his review of our match up at the iPro http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/34075/mcclarens-superior-prep-leaves-redknapp-facing-questions-%E2%80%93-report).

Why many of us feel that was (last night) our best performance of the season... one of the few times we appeared to play as a team. Still, many are dumbfounded by Saggy Chops team selection, and just relieved that most of our players performed with more enthusiasm and purpose than what we have come to expect. 

I cant speak for all or, even any, other Rs fans, but for me, it is the opportunity to be playing at Wembley in an one off final, as much as the prize at stake. Of course, the Prem is supposed to be the promised land, but it can be darn expensive and, if you had a season like we had ( and sure you have ;) ) it isnt much fun. 

We have an enthusiastic chairman who has been rather foolish, particularly with Mark Hughes and we were left lumbered with overpaid/last-paycheck mercenaries. Out of those scraps, 'Arry has managed to get some sort semblance of a team together, though many of us had little optimism of finishing anywhere as high as we have done

As for two weeks time, it couldnt have been scripted better. A free-scoring young side, managed by our ex-coach vs an ageing side, with a tight defence and managed by an equally ageing manager. Wembley's large pitch is less likely to do us any favours and we have a dilemma at the back where the one of Clint Hill or Richard Dunne needs to be dropped or we will be forced to sit back very deep and be terrorised by your wingers

The bookies justifiably make you favourites, IMO, but I am sure everyone will enjoy what promises to be an intriguing and exciting game. I may not know much about football, but those above suggesting we might score more than 2, know even less than I do!

Good luck and enjoy the day out, as I am sure I will do, even though I am think you will win it by a tight margin. All square at 90, though 

Hello Rams

Rs fan in peace. First warning... keep away from We Are teh Rangers Boys... loathsome forum and not representative of more sensible/rational QPhaha, QPaRse, or whatever you like to call us. I suggest for slightly more sense to head over to LoftforWords. You may encounter idiots there, too, but far less so. We are fortunate enough to have a wonderful young football journo, by the name of Clive Whittingham. (perhaps read his review of our match up at the iPro http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/34075/mcclarens-superior-prep-leaves-redknapp-facing-questions-%E2%80%93-report).

Why many of us feel that was (last night) our best performance of the season... one of the few times we appeared to play as a team. Still, many are dumbfounded by Saggy Chops team selection, and just relieved that most of our players performed with more enthusiasm and purpose than what we have come to expect. 

I cant speak for all or, even any, other Rs fans, but for me, it is the opportunity to be playing at Wembley in an one off final, as much as the prize at stake. Of course, the Prem is supposed to be the promised land, but it can be darn expensive and, if you had a season like we had ( and sure you have ;) ) it isnt much fun. 

We have an enthusiastic chairman who has been rather foolish, particularly with Mark Hughes and we were left lumbered with overpaid/last-paycheck mercenaries. Out of those scraps, 'Arry has managed to get some sort semblance of a team together, though many of us had little optimism of finishing anywhere as high as we have done

As for two weeks time, it couldnt have been scripted better. A free-scoring young side, managed by our ex-coach vs an ageing side, with a tight defence and managed by an equally ageing manager. Wembley's large pitch is less likely to do us any favours and we have a dilemma at the back where the one of Clint Hill or Richard Dunne needs to be dropped or we will be forced to sit back very deep and be terrorised by your wingers

The bookies justifiably make you favourites, IMO, but I am sure everyone will enjoy what promises to be an intriguing and exciting game. I may not know much about football, but those above suggesting we might score more than 2, know even less than I do!

Good luck and enjoy the day out, as I am sure I will do, even though I am think you will win it by a tight margin. All square at 90, though 

mate thank god you've come along! i went on we are the rangers boys last night and couldn't believe what i was reading!! some vile stuff on there, thank god there's some sane, rational R's fans out there! good luck in the final, i'm sure both sets of fans wont have any finger nails left by the end!

Ha "There was also brief punch up behind me in Ellersie Rd amongst Rangers fans. Strange breed of fans Rangers supporters we love to clump our own".

Collection of missing links on the qpr forum, shan't waste any more time on there :/

Ha ha... if it was WATRB, then yes. The punch up was apparently over a can of Carlsburg being spotted along with an e-cig and heavy handed response from our stewards.

Mentioning WATRB on Loft for Words is prohibited, for obvious reasons especially posting links to that site!

There is still a very big question over 'arry and our drop in form once we lost Schtevee to you. As I said above... should be an intriguing match... can we stop you scoring too many and will we leave Charlie isolated up top?

I am sure ever side has it bunch of knuckle draggers, but I have as yet not met any from the Rams... quite a number near me and get on really well with them. Always good banter

Thank goodness - I was beginning to believe that all QPR fans on the internet were completely insane. What incensed some Derby fans last night was the cretin who thought that it was fair game to post the Mick Philpott story with the implication "this is what people from Derby do to their kids".

I'm a mild-mannered person (ok, i'm not - I'm a miserable old sod who thought that the bloody bloke with the bloody drum at Loftus Road in 1970 when bloody Rodney Marsh ran rings around us should have had his own sticks inserted where the sun never shines) but I would have gladly disembowelled him with a wallpaper brush.

Archived