Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

I am afraid these are the same cretins who tend to post on Facebook and trool on Twitter. 

The general view od the game at Lr... was the first really entertaining game that season and you were the first to come to us and attack rather than 'shut up shop' against the tabloids Div favourites (QPR do not do 'being favourites' very well, as any supporter who had the misfortune of attending the Milk Cup Final '86)

To me Derby means many things... obviously Robbie and his" 'ad 'im in my pocket" comments re:Adel (which I cant agree) and making the ridiculous decision, given how long it takes to get away from your ground, to leave in the 90th 3 seasons back. It was the only time I have ever left a game early in 35 years, and there have been far better excuses to leave, you can believe me. We were useless that day, but it defined the promotion season.

The only thing that would concern me, about promotion for either of our sides, is the readiness either for the Prem.

I see a hint of of that on here from some. Plenty of ours are just delighted to be at a big final at Wembley; the day out; the moments to savour and reminisce over coming years.... if it is a good game.

Hope all supporters are entertained. If you are not successful, I am sure Steve will have you up there again next season, with Wigan. Not so confident over our future whether we go up or not... so just looking forward to a big occasion!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a good performance, a few goals, and nice relaxing win with the arse twitchometer never registering anything significant.

I felt a bit guilty last time, parked up next to some west brom fans who looked very depressed.

But then again same happened to us v leicester under roy mac.

And we were shat on by cremonese

So.....everything is crossed.

I'm not tempting fate with a prediction.

For a mild mannered person Eddie, you don't half have some violent fantasies - disemboweling, sticks up arses, burning in fires etc. Would hate to see you angry;-)

Stop stalking me.

New on here long time watcher, first time poster... Be gentle!

Nervous about this one, felt the pain V Leicester all of those years back and don't want that again!

Having said that this season I have seen some absolutely fantastic football and for the sake of my old man who has never been and my lad who is five (in his first season) I just wanted the trip to Wembley. So I won't complain too much or feel too bad if it goes a bit wrong and we loose.

I think that if the ref keeps things in check (QPR were the one of the most "physical" sides I saw this season) and with the big pitch and the space they will have trouble living with us. I think a 2-1 we win with Bryson as FGS.

New on here long time watcher, first time poster... Be gentle!

Nervous about this one, felt the pain V Leicester all of those years back and don't want that again!

Having said that this season I have seen some absolutely fantastic football and for the sake of my old man who has never been and my lad who is five (in his first season) I just wanted the trip to Wembley. So I won't complain too much or feel too bad if it goes a bit wrong and we loose.

I think that if the ref keeps things in check (QPR were the one of the most "physical" sides I saw this season) and with the big pitch and the space they will have trouble living with us. I think a 2-1 we win with Bryson as FGS.

I also went through the Leicester pain after we were 1up at Wembley but the Blackburn pain was worse as we were 2 up in the away leg and lost 4-2 at Ewood Park and didn't get to Wembley.

It's hard losing at Wembley but getting there is a thrill and we did finish 5 points ahead of QPR in the League so should really be favorites.

If you can win at Wembley the euphoria is unbelievable.

QPR are an aging team so if we keep Austin and Zamora quiet we should have a great chance .

Let's all enjoy the day whatever happens as these days don't happen often.

I find the whole day stressful rather than enjoyable.

Enjoyed the charity shield win over west ham but didnt really enjoy any of the other trips to wembley.

2-1 Rams.

Martin (FGS) and Keogh (been a while since he's scored) put us 2-0 up, before Austin pulls one back on about 70 minutes. What follows is the most nerve-wracking 20 minutes of any of our lives, but we see it through and go up to the promised land :)

5 points over a 46 game season is nothing... Literally, nothing...

But, we finished with a +16 GD on them... That is huge, given they conceded less than us.

QPR have won 9 games by a 2 goal+ margin, and they've lost 6 games by a 2 goal+ margin.

Derby, on the other hand, have won 14 games by a 2 goal+ margin, and we've lost just four (only two under McLaren to Burnley and Leicester away).

Under McLaren we've been so much better than QPR, and the 5 point difference doesn't do our dominance justice.

QPR have good individuals, but we have such a better team... I'll be shocked if we don't win the final, and it would be a huge injustice to football.

If worse comes to worse and we lose the final, but we get Bamford, Wisdom and Thorne back next season, we'll p!ss the league and get automatic promotion with 90+ points whereas QPR will get relegated anyway. Their team will have no chance in the PL.

I am afraid these are the same cretins who tend to post on Facebook and trool on Twitter. 

The general view od the game at Lr... was the first really entertaining game that season and you were the first to come to us and attack rather than 'shut up shop' against the tabloids Div favourites (QPR do not do 'being favourites' very well, as any supporter who had the misfortune of attending the Milk Cup Final '86)

To me Derby means many things... obviously Robbie and his" 'ad 'im in my pocket" comments re:Adel (which I cant agree) and making the ridiculous decision, given how long it takes to get away from your ground, to leave in the 90th 3 seasons back. It was the only time I have ever left a game early in 35 years, and there have been far better excuses to leave, you can believe me. We were useless that day, but it defined the promotion season.

The only thing that would concern me, about promotion for either of our sides, is the readiness either for the Prem.

I see a hint of of that on here from some. Plenty of ours are just delighted to be at a big final at Wembley; the day out; the moments to savour and reminisce over coming years.... if it is a good game.

Hope all supporters are entertained. If you are not successful, I am sure Steve will have you up there again next season, with Wigan. Not so confident over our future whether we go up or not... so just looking forward to a big occasion!

A sensible QPR fan. Welcome to the forum fella. You don't all think we're a tiny stepping stone in your quest to world domination then?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475662/QPR-s-Green-happy-to-play-dirty-in-Championship-play-off-final?

'Green is happy to play dirty in Championship play-off final'

Brilliant. It does look like we could be set to play against a kick and rush side, pumping balls into the box on the hope something drops for them. I'd say great, but it tends to be the football we fall apart under. See Burnley.

I just hope we don't resort to such matters, it's already a given that Barton will try and kick Hughes off the pitch again - he has nothing else in his locker that even comes close to the lad, it's embarrassing. 

They will try and keep it tight, undoubtedly, similar to what Brighton tried to do. Let's not let it happen, the more open game will suit us and we should try and get them out of their comfort zone. 

Trying to keep it tight and actually keeping it tight are two different things. 

Brighton tried to keep it tight and we destroyed them.

I want us to play outrageous, audacious attacking football with a flourish - football that will win friends.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475662/QPR-s-Green-happy-to-play-dirty-in-Championship-play-off-final?

'Green is happy to play dirty in Championship play-off final'

Brilliant. It does look like we could be set to play against a kick and rush side, pumping balls into the box on the hope something drops for them. I'd say great, but it tends to be the football we fall apart under. See Burnley.

I just hope we don't resort to such matters, it's already a given that Barton will try and kick Hughes off the pitch again - he has nothing else in his locker that even comes close to the lad, it's embarrassing.

They will try and keep it tight, undoubtedly, similar to what Brighton tried to do. Let's not let it happen, the more open game will suit us and we should try and get them out of their comfort zone.

let's hope he does what he did against us for Norwich.

That was a real clanged ROB.

Already struggling with sleep and getting seriously distracted at work.

To calm myself down I just keep saying to myself that I hope we play how we have been playing. If we're going to lose, let's lose with the Sky and the whole world seeing how good we are, and QPR needing to win from a set piece.

Something special happening at this club. South stand. Fans in love with the club again. Local, proud people wearing the shirt (on and off the pitch). Exciting Premiership players wanting to be at our club. Widely recognised as one of the best footballing teams in the division. International teams selecting our players.

It's how I imagine Liverpool are feeling right now. There's an ethos, a 'Derby way'. The years of pain are becoming worth it. If we can keep hold of McClaren, I feel like we're on the verge of something great. I just hope the first phase of it is realised on 24th.

Archived