Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

Need to get inside Bartons head making him flip out. He can't cope in big games ( v man city) get him off then we can play football without worrying about getting cropped

. Can we get savage on the case?

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've ditched the whole "whatever happens at Wembley, it's been a good season" line of thought. But not because it hasn't been a cracking season. On one level, I actually think another season down here in the Championship could do us good.

But if we don't beat QPR, I will be so, so gutted for the players. They've absolutely earned it. It hasn't always worked, but not once have I questioned their desire and commitment, and when it works...it works so bloody well.

They seem like a pretty decent bunch of lads, some of them I'd even go for a drink with. Nothing like the Billy Davies side. And the best part is, I love watching this team play football because they love playing football. You saw it in the way the players celebrated with George Thorne after his slide-rule pass for Russell's goal against Huddersfield. You see it in the way they celebrate every single goal. You see it in the way they pass the ball about when it all clicks together.

QPR, well they're just vile, aren't they? I don't need to explain why I hate the club itslef. The fans aren't doing much for me to warm to them though. I've seen their forums, and their fans seem like the most arrogant, stuck-up little mini-Chelsea pr1cks in the football league. They don't seem to know anything about football either. The Brighton forum was very fair on us I thought, they seemed to understand our strengths and weaknesses....QPR seem to think we're some mid-table side on a decent run, and their "stars" just need to turn up to brush us aside.

So I would be gutted if we lose. Gutted for the players, and for football, not necessarily as a Derby fan. They've earned this promotion so much and I think everyone, bar QPR, Forest and some slightly strange Burnley fans want us to do this.

COYR.

2-1 the mighty rams!!!!! Bucko last minute winner it has to be!! Austin fgs ward to equalise!

After Bucko scores last minute winner joey Barton tries to start on him and Eustace flies in with the drop kick to the face and wisdom tanks through them all!!!

I've ditched the whole "whatever happens at Wembley, it's been a good season" line of thought. But not because it hasn't been a cracking season. On one level, I actually think another season down here in the Championship could do us good.

But if we don't beat QPR, I will be so, so gutted for the players. They've absolutely earned it. It hasn't always worked, but not once have I questioned their desire and commitment, and when it works...it works so bloody well.

They seem like a pretty decent bunch of lads, some of them I'd even go for a drink with. Nothing like the Billy Davies side. And the best part is, I love watching this team play football because they love playing football. You saw it in the way the players celebrated with George Thorne after his slide-rule pass for Russell's goal against Huddersfield. You see it in the way they celebrate every single goal. You see it in the way they pass the ball about when it all clicks together.

QPR, well they're just vile, aren't they? I don't need to explain why I hate the club itslef. The fans aren't doing much for me to warm to them though. I've seen their forums, and their fans seem like the most arrogant, stuck-up little mini-Chelsea pr1cks in the football league. They don't seem to know anything about football either. The Brighton forum was very fair on us I thought, they seemed to understand our strengths and weaknesses....QPR seem to think we're some mid-table side on a decent run, and their "stars" just need to turn up to brush us aside.

So I would be gutted if we lose. Gutted for the players, and for football, not necessarily as a Derby fan. They've earned this promotion so much and I think everyone, bar QPR, Forest and some slightly strange Burnley fans want us to do this.

COYR.

Derby 0 - 85 QPR by the way.

Derby 3-1 QPR

Martin FRGS

Late consolation for them as we coast to victory. Thorne to totally outshine that c*nt Barton with one of the most dominant defensive midfield performances ever seen.

Working and living in Nottingham, the few sane one's amongst them think we deserve it, my gaffer couldn't believe will's goal, said if it was messi or Ronaldo they'd show it on repeat on sky sports for weeks!

Derby 2-1

We go 1-0 down, Martin pops up with a header just before half time

Derby fans produce enough bricks to build a second Wembley

Russell with a rocket in the 75th minute

Game won, party time

Hangovers a plenty

I've just seen their forum thread about us, what a vile set of absolute c***s!! plenty of keyboard warriors who've seen green street far to many times! absolutely no need. Please tell me that isn't their main forum?? If it is then wow, vile horrible club

I too looked on the forum (we are the rangers boys or summat?) and it was like being on a forum for 13 year olds. No discussion of actual football, just mouthing off like a bunch of faux cockney wannabe gangsters, saying they're gonna blow us away and posting Ph****tt links. God we have to beat them.

Archived