IF we get through...Wigan or QPR?

needles

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Wigan manage to draw 11500 for a play-off semi? Jesus. Chesterfield and Burton could muster that given enough capacity.

Really don't give a damn. All I hope is that anti-football doesn't win. Both sides tonight were utterly feeble.

Hopefully Wigan will get through. QPR have paid too much money for a combination of players who don't really have any professional pride or players who just aren't good enough to warrant the wages they are paid. IMO. With some players it is both! LOL

I don't think QPR deserve the opportunity if I'm being honest.

Should we make it to Wembley we have nothing to fear from either of those two tonight. We'll absolutely shred them with our attacking play. My preference would be for QPR - purely because their fans are such arrogant tossers (just take a look at their forum comments about us). I'd like us to grind their faces in it at Wembley and then laugh as they do a Portsmouth and free fall through the league as they surely deserve to.

I'd love to beat QPR, so much satisfaction from beating a club that pretty much typify everything wrong with modern football. Can you find a more dislikeable club?

Brought up by Warnock

Managed by Redknapp

Barton is involved

Assou-Ekotto, the man who sees football as a means to an end

Turned their fans into arrogant *********, who seem to think that Chelsea are their rightful rivals

From London anyway, so convinced the country/world revolves around them

Overpaid collection of has-beens

I'd love to beat QPR, so much satisfaction from beating a club that pretty much typify everything wrong with modern football. Can you find a more dislikeable club?

Brought up by Warnock

Managed by Redknapp

Barton is involved

Assou-Ekotto, the man who sees football as a means to an end

Turned their fans into arrogant *********, who seem to think that Chelsea are their rightful rivals

From London anyway, so convinced the country/world revolves around them

Overpaid collection of has-beens

in fairness tho , Barton seems to have calmed down a bit , almost human now..

What's with the Wigan fans bashing?

Who gives a feck how many fans a team gets... Wigan are a small-town club surrounded by the PL's biggest clubs outside of London, so what they get like 14,000...

Why knock it?

Why we're at it, let's knock Villarreal for getting around 17k for a Champions league semi-final... Oh wait, let's not, as they're a million miles away in what really matters... The quality on the pitch.

Seriously, I was reading the Brighton forum and many there think they're some kind of massive club now they get 25k fans every week... I mean, are you kidding me?

Give me Villarreal's 17k and a host of frankly brilliant footballers and a CL semi-final over 25k and a bunch of losers on the internet having a w&nk over it...

Who gives a feck how many fans a team gets... Wigan are a small-town club surrounded by the PL's biggest clubs outside of London, so what they get like 14,000...

Why knock it?

Why we're at it, let's knock Villarreal for getting around 17k for a Champions league semi-final... Oh wait, let's not, as they're a million miles away in what really matters... The quality on the pitch.

Seriously, I was reading the Brighton forum and many there think they're some kind of massive club now they get 25k fans every week... I mean, are you kidding me?

Give me Villarreal's 17k and a host of frankly brilliant footballers and a CL semi-final over 25k and a bunch of losers on the internet having a w&nk over it...

People that don't go to games that moan, or equally bang-on, about attendance figures are the worst. Wigan will have fans, like us, that go every week in all weathers. Does it really matter to them that there is 10, 20, 30, 40 or 100 thousand people with them? Probably not. 

Attendance arguments are just plain moronic.

Why knock it?

Agree, and I don't like Wigan that much anymore now Martinez has gone.

Not keen on Rosler and can't stand Dave Whelan.

But this whole attitude on attendances is a joke, Wigan are located in Greater Manchester and they have "bigger" clubs such as Bolton, Preston, Man Utd, Man City, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton in the local area. Also you have Burnley, Blackpool etc.

I am quite surprised their attendances have held up as well as they have.

Happily knock a few k of our attendance for where Southampton are.

People that don't go to games that moan, or equally bang-on, about attendance figures are the worst. Wigan will have fans, like us, that go every week in all weathers. Does it really matter to them that there is 10, 20, 30, 40 or 100 thousand people with them? Probably not. 

Attendance arguments are just plain moronic.

Yeh... What's bizarre is how much peope care about the number of fans that are literally in the same building as them.

The worst is calling clubs tinpot for it. Because the number of people that fit into a building really defines the stature of a club.

Reputation defines the stature of a club, and any fan outside the UK wouldn't be able to tell you the single difference between Derby County, Wigan Athletic, Brighton or bloody Torquay United - other than perhaps kit colours.

The surprising and disappointing ting for me was that they got 500 below their average gate for the play-off semi, despite QPR bringing a very good contingent.

That doesn't lessen my respect for the club or those that did turn out, but it makes me wonder what the rest of the town was up to. 

The surprising and disappointing ting for me was that they got 500 below their average gate for the play-off semi, despite QPR bringing a very good contingent.

That doesn't lessen my respect for the club or those that did turn out, but it makes me wonder what the rest of the town was up to. 

Yeah, it does beg the question. I imagine their fans that went will be the most miffed by the number. 

At least we should provide a good 30k - hopefully good noise and a good show. 

...then again you could knock us for not having taken up the last 300 tkts which Brighton sent to us....

To be fair to Wigan...there was a LOT of noise coming from the crowd and those who were there obviously loved their club and were passionate. Thats good enough for me.

Archived