IF we get through...Wigan or QPR?

needles

I don't mind the small average attendance.

What pisses me off is when they want to have 30k tickets for Wembley.

To allow for some glory supporters at both clubs, they should give us 35k and them 20k

The rest should go on general sale to whoever, and let them all sit together, there's be no trouble as they aren't really proper passionate club supporting fans anyway,

I reckon they should give 2 tickets for every season ticket holder the club has. Hence we would get approximately 34-35k. We could then distribute these to our own liking. This would ensure that the better loyal supported clubs get a fair proportion of the gate

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon they should give 2 tickets for every season ticket holder the club has. Hence we would get approximately 34-35k. We could then distribute these to our own liking. This would ensure that the better loyal supported clubs get a fair proportion of the gate

One big flaw in that, people will buy a spare and sell it to highest bidder....

I don't mind the small average attendance.

What pisses me off is when they want to have 30k tickets for Wembley.

To allow for some glory supporters at both clubs, they should give us 35k and them 20k

The rest should go on general sale to whoever, and let them all sit together, there's be no trouble as they aren't really proper passionate club supporting fans anyway,

Even if they get 35k tickets, they will return a substantial number. They didn't even sell out their allocation for FA Cup Final last year so I heard.

A mate of mine (West Ham fan) went to playoff final versus Blackpool 2 years ago & they got 50k tickets after Blackpool (a similiar sized club really) sent thousands of their tickets back. If Wigan do make it, I suspect the same would happen.

One big flaw in that, people will buy a spare and sell it to highest bidder....

No I wouldn't allow a season ticket holder to buy 2 tickets. The FA would review how many season ticket holders were at each club and then times this by 2. And then that is the allocation for the whole club. Dcfc would then distribute following their rules.

No I wouldn't allow a season ticket holder to buy 2 tickets. The FA would review how many season ticket holders were at each club and then times this by 2. And then that is the allocation for the whole club. Dcfc would then distribute following their rules.

Miss read what you said in OP. Apologies. Fair enough that response

Not a clue. We beat QPR last time we played them but Wigan aren't the kind of team that can keep up with our pace on a pitch the size of Wembley.

Like has been said above, just hoping for an on pitch massacre with suspensions and injuries galore. Just injuries long enough to keep them out of the final, not serious ones (other than those thugs Barton and Morrison. Don't care what happens to them)

You could also call Derby poorly supported for only averaging 93 more away fans than Burnley.

Burnley being a town with a population of 70,000 people and Derby being a City with a population of 250,000.

Interesting eh?

Really?

Why didn't you say?

Are you saying that the football club would be better for Wigans community?

In defense of srg, I don't think that's what he's saying at all. The point is for football communities, Premier League football would make a big difference.

You can switch football and rugby around and what srg says still stands. If it was between Wigan and Derby getting promoted into the Super League, I wouldn't begrudge Wigan fans feeling a little bit peeved if Derby got in...a city which couldn't give a flying toss about Rugby League hitting the big, compared to a town which breaths it.

It matters much more to Wigan to have a successful Rugby team than a successful football team. And fair play to them - it's a rugby town, the sport needs them.

The Wigan game was truly awful I would rather Brighton go through than either of them.It

doesn't matter,obviously,because we are going up.

However I love the play-offs its like a dozen cup -finals in a couple of weeks,best football

all season. Today watched a great game between Peterboro and Orient,tonight Joe Garner

scored the goal of the season in any league in any competition,brilliant!

Most stupid idea I have ever heard... :angry:

I've spent the whole week trying to make my mind up and because I couldn't I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter. Just before kick off on Friday I came down on the side of Wigan (just) but suspect we'll play QPR.

Archived