IF we get through...Wigan or QPR?

needles

Clint Hill will be banned retrospectively by Video panel !

Should of been Penalty to Wigan and Hill sent off for QPR for deliberate elbow .

I doubt he'll be banned, because it didn't look deliberate, though it should probably have been a penalty.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The surprising and disappointing ting for me was that they got 500 below their average gate for the play-off semi, despite QPR bringing a very good contingent.

That doesn't lessen my respect for the club or those that did turn out, but it makes me wonder what the rest of the town was up to.

Perhaps they missed out on fans living away from wigan attending the match. The only found out they were playing on sunday so leaves little time for getting off work.

Also with Wigan, it's not that long since they've even been in the football league. It's not like they used to have 50-60k back in the 50s when everybody else did.

...then again you could knock us for not having taken up the last 300 tkts which Brighton sent to us....

To be fair to Wigan...there was a LOT of noise coming from the crowd and those who were there obviously loved their club and were passionate. Thats good enough for me.

Your home town on a Friday versus Brighton away on a work night? No comparison. I'm not knocking anyone who did turn up, the club, or anything - just an observation. If we got 24,000 on Sunday, wouldn't you be asking questions?

I don't mind the small average attendance.

What pisses me off is when they want to have 30k tickets for Wembley.

To allow for some glory supporters at both clubs, they should give us 35k and them 20k

The rest should go on general sale to whoever, and let them all sit together, there's be no trouble as they aren't really proper passionate club supporting fans anyway,

I don't mind the small average attendance.

What pisses me off is when they want to have 30k tickets for Wembley.

To allow for some glory supporters at both clubs, they should give us 35k and them 20k

The rest should go on general sale to whoever, and let them all sit together, there's be no trouble as they aren't really proper passionate club supporting fans anyway,

They passed a **** ton back when they had Arsenal. Which they would again.

Gripe against Wigan is they're more bothered about egg chasing than football.

They passed a **** ton back when they had Arsenal. Which they would again.

would they be offered to us if they sent a load back?

They always have been. Wigan are one of the biggest rugby clubs in the country and have been in the Super League forever. The rugby club is probably older than the football one.

Nowt wrong with rugby.

They always have been. Wigan are one of the biggest rugby clubs in the country and have been in the Super League forever. The rugby club is probably older than the football one.

Nowt wrong with rugby.

Not a fan of rugby, but that's by the by here. My point is there are many deserving cities where it would transform the community to have the success they've had recently. Yet they are not bothered in the slightest because they prefer rugby.

What's with the Wigan fans bashing?

Who gives a feck how many fans a team gets... Wigan are a small-town club surrounded by the PL's biggest clubs outside of London, so what they get like 14,000...

Why knock it?

Why we're at it, let's knock Villarreal for getting around 17k for a Champions league semi-final... Oh wait, let's not, as they're a million miles away in what really matters... The quality on the pitch.

Seriously, I was reading the Brighton forum and many there think they're some kind of massive club now they get 25k fans every week... I mean, are you kidding me?

Give me Villarreal's 17k and a host of frankly brilliant footballers and a CL semi-final over 25k and a bunch of losers on the internet having a w&nk over it...

agreed, and also ambitious reply, can't be doing with attendance arguments.

I've been there done it on the past, but it's sad when that's the only thing most fans deem it as success to have a higher average crowd than there local rivals, or take more away etc

Fascinating.......zzzzzzzzz

Just does my nut in, when fans get a chip on their shoulder and take the p**s out of other clubs for having less fans.

Especially from a City club, it's like fans are shocked a town club has less fans than a massive City club.

Just does my nut in, when fans get a chip on their shoulder and take the p**s out of other clubs for having less fans.

Especially from a City club, it's like fans are shocked a town club has less fans than a massive City club.

You know what your problem is, you just haven't got enough fans.

See you've gone quiet on the other thread. Be careful with your trolling/flaming. Not nice mate. All for a laugh but what you're doing is wrong.

Believe me I know from past experience

You know what your problem is, you just haven't got enough fans.

Our support is one of the best in the UK when you consider each club's catchment area. 

Derby averaged 93 more away fans than us last year, Derby is 5x the size of Burnley lol

And I ain't bothered how many fans we have if I am honest, we will sell out every game next season.. I'd rather we didn't, f*** the glory seekers.

Our support is one of the best in the UK when you consider each club's catchment area. 

Derby averaged 93 more away fans than us last year, Derby is 5x the size of Burnley lol

And I ain't bothered how many fans we have if I am honest, we will sell out every game next season.. I'd rather we didn't, f*** the glory seekers.

You don't half bang on about it for saying you're not bothered. Chip on the shoulder lad?

Archived