IF we get through...Wigan or QPR?

needles

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR for me.

To watch 'Arrys face after defeat will be priceless.

Add their money problems and it'll give even more pleasure.

Have to watch their game tomorrow, just in case...

Would be brilliant to see McClaren (who was pretty much the key ingredient to their early season form) beat 'Arry!

The way wigan played at pride park left a tasty taste in the mouth.

They were the most cynical, time-wasting, cheating, dirty set of bast@rds i've seen in years.

An absolutely disgraceful exhibition of anti-football.

It would be a shocking spectacle if they get to the final.

Not a fan of rugby, but that's by the by here. My point is there are many deserving cities where it would transform the community to have the success they've had recently. Yet they are not bothered in the slightest because they prefer rugby.

And where pray did you get the above pearls of wisdom my friend???

before you make ridiculous statements like this check out some facts and do some research like your teacher will tell you.

Wigan Athletic entered the football league in 1978 and within about 18 months were drawing nearly TWICE the average gate of the then failing Rugby league club.Because of our former non league status many younger supporters had chosen one of the larger clubs nearby of which there are about 6 within a 20 mile radius of Wigan .

The rugby then went on to unparalleled success largely due to blanket national coverage and the fact that they were full time professional unlike many of their rivals at the time.Wigan on the other hand hit the doldrums for many years before Dave

Whelan came in and effectively saved the club.

when the football club acheived top flight status for EIGHT CONSECUTIVE YEARS the football gates easily surpassed that of the rugby club and the gate on Friday easily surpassed the rugby league clubs pathetic effort of 6000 for a rugby play off game last year!

the wigan athletic gates are not low 15000 average this year in a town of 80000 population it's just that many local people support the north west big four.

Also if the town is a rugby one can you explain why there are something like six times the amount of amateur football teams compared to rugby league amateur clubs?

to be honest Derby deserve promotion and I don't really agree with play offs but if you meet Wigan in the final remember they have played there four times in a little over 12 months so if they get there you might find it tougher than you think given the experience they have!

It'd be great to be lucky enough to beat QPR.

Watching old candle wax face realising that his over paid, over hyped, under performing, prima donnas could be sliding towards administration. He'd be out of there in a shot, he'd still tell everyone it wasn't his fault as well. 

Exactly this is why I would want QPR

Wigan have been to Wembley so much they know what it's like to play on such a big playing surface and deal with all the hype and have players who have won their previously.

That said if wigan get beat tonight I will deffo be singing ' Steve Bloomers watching ' come 24th May .

That said if wigan get beat tonight I will deffo be singing ' Steve Bloomers watching ' come 24th May .

Good man.

I've always had a soft spot for Wigan, going right back to 1985 when I worked in Chorley. 

On current form The Rams sit top of the table based on the last 8 league games. 

Derby Won 6, Drawn 1, Lost 1 - Scored 18 Against 7

QPR are 12th Won 3, Drawn 2, Lost 3 - Scored 13 Conceded 12

Wigan are 14th !!! Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 4 - Scored 10 Against 11

Then add the play offs:

Derby Won 8 Scored 24 Against 9

Astonishing form.

So whilst it may come down to 90 minutes on the day I do believe that form helps. It breeds confidence. That belief that if you let a goal in you can get one back. 

Derby - 24 goals in 10 games and only 9 against. 

Before looking at these stats I was thinking we would have more chance against QPR than Wigan but now I don't think it really matters. It's probably ours to lose but whatever the future is very bright and another season in the Championship wouldn't be a total disaster. 

I think the difference this year to 2007 is that this team believes in itself. The structure is spot on and the club behind the scenes appear to be pulling everyone and everything in the right direction. 

Was Uwe Rosler on sky for our game? Find that really weird if he was. Seems a bit cocky in a way. As if he doesn't need to prepare for their biggest game of the season so far

Steve McClaren's on tonight.

Archived