Daily Mirror: Buxton to Forest?

matty1

This is the same Jake Buxton that got humiliated by burnley and reading at the start of the season? just shows the importance of coaching! won't be disasterous if he went there are better players out there, it's just the Jake Buxton "football genius" cult that everyone is following now we are successful.

Booooooooo!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the same Jake Buxton that got humiliated by burnley and reading at the start of the season? just shows the importance of coaching! won't be disasterous if he went there are better players out there, it's just the Jake Buxton "football genius" cult that everyone is following now we are successful.

You can run, but you can't hide.......

"http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-cptWzmiplw/0" alt="0">

Dan has spoken. I agree to be honest, I know football is a mercenary game, but if he's got options, Bucko wouldn't go there.

It's just a nothing story anyway. The interesting thing is the reaction to it on the gumps forum. A bit of a revisionist view of Bucko's ability is emerging.

The ltlf forest forum's thread on this is staggering. Apparently the most vile, cheating, shittest cb theyve ever seen. Obvs these ***** didnt witness deforestation. Lacelles and collins wouldnt get in heanor town's side.

Haha the list of better Cb's in the champ is massive love the guy to bits but the defence needs addressing regardless of what league we are in next season

Rubbish. You don't 'love the guy to bits' you are one of the remaining few who wrote him off at first and you are just not man enough to admit that you were - and still are - wrong.

Bucko is the example that should be shown to all aspiring footballers.  Hard work, positve attitude and personnal belief is the only way you can go from non-league to sixth choice centre back to regular, only to be dropped, to winning your spot back, to bossing the gumps, to winning the supporters player of the year.

Has he been the best player, no, however he is a club legend because of his journey. 

He is a better player than Pearce, Phyco well that says it all.  Bucko is just Sir Bucko a true professional.

I wouldn't sell him for anything less than a couple of million though. 

It's questionable whether he could play regularly in the Premier League - but whoever signs him in the football league will be getting a top quality championship centre-back, as well as a good leader on and off the pitch.

I've watched a lot of football, especially Championship football and I have said this before on many occasions - there are not better centre-backs in the division.

Forest fans who think Lacelles is a better player than Buxton, for instace, are quite clearly off their head. He's played 25 90-minute games this season conceding 40.

A rate of 1.6 goals a game. Which over 43 games would be 68.8 goals - a rate WORST than Yeovil.

I've only watched a few times, but he's a huge liability. The two Watford goals for instance were both his fault - he was marking Angella and couldn't manage it. 

I wouldn't sell him because of his importance around the squad as an example and a leader.

Imagine being a new Italian show pony player turning up at Moor Farm and the first bloke you meet is Buckenbauer. Focus the mind  bit wouldn't it?

• 1 month later...

Archived