Daily Mirror: Buxton to Forest?

matty1

Taken from today's Mirror:

'Stuart Pearce is ready to raid Derby County for Jake Buxton when he takes over at Nottingham Forest.

Boss-in-waiting Pearce is working on targets for next season and the centre half is high on his list.

Buxton is approaching the last year of his contract and Pearce hopes a decent offer will land him.'

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is probably the funniest transfer speculation I have ever read. It beats "Giggs to Derby" hands down for sheer ludicrousness.

Absolutely no chance will they get him but I'd be absolutely gutted if he went there.

He is fast becoming, if not already, my favourite ever Derby player. In fact, I've promised myself if we get promoted I'm going to go all out and get a framed Derby Buxton shirt.

I'd be gutted to see him leave this summer, really would.

Looking at this dispassionately. If we get promoted and Mac feels Jake has reached his level we would no doubt be looking for not just another but possibly pair of centre backs. If that happened then a local move to the championship for the last two or three years of Jakes career could make sense for him rather than sitting on our bench at the very best?

PS. I love Jake like the next man (In a manly sort of way of course).

Looking at this dispassionately. If we get promoted and Mac feels Jake has reached his level we would no doubt be looking for not just another but possibly pair of centre backs. If that happened then a local move to the championship for the last two or three years of Jakes career could make sense for him rather than sitting on our bench at the very best?

PS. I love Jake like the next man (In a manly sort of way of course).

We'd be stupid to let go of Buxton if we get promoted - he's exactly the kind of influence you want around the club, same with Eustace.

I admit I would replace him if promoted, but I'd still fancy him to fight himself back in.

We'd be stupid to let go of Buxton if we get promoted - he's exactly the kind of influence you want around the club, same with Eustace.

I admit I would replace him if promoted, but I'd still fancy him to fight himself back in.

Yes, fair point. I suppose obviously it would come down to what the club & Jake thought. He may prefer regular football for his last few seasons rather than being a good influence. Don't get me wrong, if Jake & the club agree for him to stay then I am more than happy.

Archived