Rams report Florest

BondJovi

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County have made an official complaint to the Football League over an unpaid £85,000 bill from bitter rivals Nottingham Forest.

Telegraph Sport understands the two clubs are rowing over a payment related to ticket money from their meeting at the iPro Stadium last month and Derby have written a letter to the League and demanded action be taken.

Derby allege that Forest missed a seven-day deadline to repay the outstanding amount last week and have been left frustrated by the lack of co-operation from their East Midlands neighbours.

Forest have been operating without a chief executive since last year and Derby were given no option but to contact the League for assistance after failing to receive a satisfactory response. Derby emailed the League on Friday.

The failure to pay is described as "unprecedented" by a Derby source, with all other Championship clubs reconciling the monies from seats sold to their supporters at away grounds within a week after the game.

Ironically, by missing the deadline Forest also missed out on earning 5 per cent commission from the 2,700 seats sold for the game, which ended in a 5-0 defeat and signalled the sacking of Billy Davies.

Forest told Telegraph Sport the club is currently in a period of reconciliation regarding their accounts and intends to pay all outstanding monies soon.

There have been many other financial hiccups since Forest were taken over by the Al-Hasawi family in July 2012, with players, staff, contractors and agents understood to have frequently been paid late.

There is no suggestion of financial problems at the club, yet the distribution of funds is clearly an issue that needs to be resolved.

Earlier this year Forest escaped a date in court after Impact Sports Management Limited, a football agency, issued a winding-up petition before the matter was resolved.

Chelsea were also considering action after they were left waiting for cash from Nathaniel Chalobah's loan spell at the City Ground earlier in the season.

Fawaz Al-Hasawi, the chairman, is keen to appoint a new chief executive before the start of next season.

Reconciliation of their accounts? Is that code for - lets find Peter so we can not pay him yet and Pay Paul? Or are they untangling the mess left by the previous Pseudo CEO (the one that managed to run an established law firm into the ground in Scotland - investigation pending)

Suddenly the difficulty they have making simple transfers doesn't seem so daft anymore.

What do you reckon Alpha? Cash flow from the family a bit slow? Skint after all? Just skanky business practice? Incompetence?

Bit of it all? 

In any event, in a tight league a unified and professional club top to bottom is pretty much essential. Forest look to be anything but.

What do you reckon Alpha? Cash flow from the family a bit slow? Skint after all? Just skanky business practice? Incompetence?

Bit of it all?

In any event, in a tight league a unified and professional club top to bottom is pretty much essential. Forest look to be anything but.

Mate, I think this Fawaz fella has played football manager and thought it was easy.

Arrrrgh!! It was all so simple on my PC!! ffs, now I've double clicked on Stuart Pearce!!

What? Ticket money distribution? Is that a new feature? It wasn't in the menus? Load New Game?

I suspect that the problem here is predominantly one of family & culture.

1. The Al-Hasawi family have money of that there is no doubt but I understand Fawaz himself doesn't have unfettered access. As a result he has to wait for his requests to be agreed by his big brother who is family head.

2. Being reputable in your business transactions is not rated that highly in some cultures. If you have money you can pretty much treat others as you see fit as if you have it you are bowed down to like a god.

So far he has "bought" the loyalty of the Forest fans. I imagine he is starting to realise it works a bit differently in British culture however and pretty soon without success his money won't make him popular. Just ask the late former chairman's family.

Archived