Rams report Florest

BondJovi

Probably a purely hypothetical question - say we finish 3rd, and Forest somehow sneak into 6th, and they've yet to pay the outstanding bill, do we allow Forest fans to come to the playoff semi at pride park?  Surely we can't allow Forest to sell the tickets, given they haven't paid us for the last lot, and I doubt we'd be able to sell them ourselves, because the police will want to enforce all sorts of security checks on the purchasers (which we won't be able to do, unless we have access to Forest's customer database).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that the problem here is predominantly one of family & culture.

1. The Al-Hasawi family have money of that there is no doubt but I understand Fawaz himself doesn't have unfettered access. As a result he has to wait for his requests to be agreed by his big brother who is family head.

2. Being reputable in your business transactions is not rated that highly in some cultures. If you have money you can pretty much treat others as you see fit as if you have it you are bowed down to like a god.

So far he has "bought" the loyalty of the Forest fans. I imagine he is starting to realise it works a bit differently in British culture however and pretty soon without success his money won't make him popular. Just ask the late former chairman's family.

That's a very good point, I know companies around here and the wider Midlands who are small (ish) suppliers to firms out in the Middle East and they have to wait for ages for any payment, they have orders and promises constantly being rewritten and changed, or delayed, or just scrapped for no reason, or they get given a job then find themselves having to re-pitch etc.

As SP says, it seems to be the acceptable way. We have money, we can behave how we wish.

That's a very good point, I know companies around here and the wider Midlands who are small (ish) suppliers to firms out in the Middle East and they have to wait for ages for any payment, they have orders and promises constantly being rewritten and changed, or delayed, or just scrapped for no reason, or they get given a job then find themselves having to re-pitch etc.

As SP says, it seems to be the acceptable way. We have money, we can behave how we wish.

Echo this - I work for an IT firm and one of our software developers is an Israeli company, moving the goalposts doesn't quite cut it somehow.

Sorry, not sure I buy that (no pun intended ;-)) They're just skint.

Cough up dogs..no, not a furball either. Cold, hard readies if you please. You take the goods, you pay the man. This isn't Littlewoods catalogue ya know.

I don't pay until the 2nd red one.

Tight see.

Ah, but then you're credit rating goes to ****. Try applying for a credit card now.

Which brings up a point. As a business Nottingham Forest Ltd. or whatever they're called, must have an abysmal credit rating.

I suppose it doesn't matter when big bro has bottomless pockets, they'll never need to go to a bank. But if they're eventually sold, does that mean that whoever buys them will really struggle to get any sort of loans, or anything on credit. In fact it even effects things like getting a mobile phone contract or anything like that. My business just got credit checked as we got new employee mobile phones (employees being me and my wife). So wouldn't this apply to ScumbagsRUs Inc.

Of course, I forgot, nothing applies to them. Invoice deadlines, FFP, etc...

Archived