Who do you NOT want to face in the playoffs

climbon

Given that in getting promoted we must beat 2 of the 3 other teams, who would you rather avoid.

For me, Wigan look quite strong, I'd want to avoid them. I think we could have QPR (we'd outscore them).

The last playoff place is up for grabs, my money's on Bournemouth! Reading, brighton and Ipswich are not really in any form, and we all know a team makes a late charge, wouldn't be supprised to face them in the semi's...could be a goals fest!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really mind who we play, because we have done fantastically well to get there given our resources compared to many other clubs. Win or lose, we can use this season to be a springboard to a real good challenge next season.

Having said that, the thought of playing and losing to Forest in the play offs fills me with terror, so I really hope they continue their implosion and finish outside the top six. 

I'd prefer Forest or Ipswich first.

Then probably QPR or Brighton.

The two I'd rather avoid is Reading and Wigan. Despite us finishing higher than Reading, they seem the sort of side which when clicks is one of the best in the league. Though their home form is woeful which would suit us to the ground.

I'd just hate it if we finish like 15 points ahead of someone like Ipswich and they did us in the playoffs.

If we're going to lose though, I'd rather it be to the winners

I was really nervous about the prospect of meeting forest, but now I'd love that scenario. But that is, of course, based on them being in their current form, but if they make it back into the playoffs that means they'll have put together some form, and then I'll be nervous again.

I think any team that takes that 6th spot will have to work for it, so they'll either be knackered, or in form. Meanwhile I think Wigan have had their purple patch and are starting to loose a bit of form, and QPR seem to have been coasting for a long time. But that could just mean they'll both be fitter for the play offs.

Meanwhile, I really believe we can win everything from here. Might even still be a chance to give Burnley a run for their money, but realistically it's probably too much to ask. I still think we have more chance than QPR, and we'll benefit from the momentum.

So in conclusion, I don't know. I don't think any will be easy, but then the play offs aren't meant to be easy. But we're more than capable of beating any of them, we just have to make sure we turn up.

I think it'll be important to finish 3rd actually, because we won't end up against Wigan or QPR. I'd really back us to beat any of Brighton, Ipswich, Forest or Bournemouth. Reading might be difficult but I think we'd still be favourites going into it.

I'd expect us to make the final.

I want us to be playing so well that the other teams will be wetting themselves at the prospect of facing Derby.

I just don't care who we play - we are good enough to beat them all.

Tbh im alot more confident this time round in the playoffs than I was last time. Because we tend to play our best stuff when we aren't complacent about winning.. We have never really been played off the park apart from against Leicester. I think the players will be well up for it, and if they play to there best, none of the others could match us.

Tbh im alot more confident this time round in the playoffs than I was last time. Because we tend to play our best stuff when we aren't complacent about winning.. We have never really been played off the park apart from against Leicester. I think the players will be well up for it, and if they play to there best, none of the others could match us.

I don't mind losing in the play-offs as even getting to the top 6 marks progress and I've had fun watching us this season.

What I really don't want is to play forest in the play-offs. I don't know that I could get through the week without a heart attack.

I don't want us to play QPR in the play offs. They probably have the best squad, certainly the most expensive, and I fancy them to go up in the play offs a bit like West Ham did a couple of seasons ago. If Derby and QPR finish 3rd and 4th I'll really be hoping they lose their semi final.

I don't want us to play QPR in the play offs. They probably have the best squad, certainly the most expensive, and I fancy them to go up in the play offs a bit like West Ham did a couple of seasons ago. If Derby and QPR finish 3rd and 4th I'll really be hoping they lose their semi final.

QPR are ****. only team im abut scared off is Wigan but they will drop off soon i hope

Archived