Your Favourite Derby v Forest game you've ever been to

sage

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favourite Derby goals came in the 3-0 win. Tommy Smith scored it? Awesome game.

The 10 men one was brilliant.

We're gonna win

We're gonna lose

Oooh we might get something

Arrrgh we could have won it!!

Kinell!!! We've done it?

How fooking long is this match??

They're gonna score

Yes!! Never in doubt!

Rocking atmosphere. Sat right near their A Block. Loved it. You don't get drowned out on that side.

Tommy Smith's goal though <3.

Rams 3-0 Forest. Final answer

The 2-0 win for me, with super Archie dancing all around them. Brilliant.

The 4-1 was amazing too, first time I ever went in the C stand because my mum made me buy a seat ticket because she thought it would be "safer" how wrong she was..!

Worst one...when it was postponed because of no snow.

The 2-0 win for me, with super Archie dancing all around them. Brilliant.

The 4-1 was amazing too, first time I ever went in the C stand because my mum made me buy a seat ticket because she thought it would be "safer" how wrong she was..!

Worst one...when it was postponed because of no snow.

Worse one.....the snow one.

The game was planned for terrestrial tv, and the venue for the Aberdeenshire Rams was round at my place that day.

As I'd got rid of Sky, I'm fortunate to know some wonderful rams fans up here and we usually go round to one of the other lads houses or go down the pub. But the venue was my house that day, so I thought I'd better make an effort, so I got all my old rams shirts out of the loft, some of them dating back to the 70's and hung them up all around the room, hung up a few scarves and flags etc.

I got a load of ale in, and a load of nibbles and sweets and I was ready for the big game and ready to shout and sing at the telly with the Aberdeenshire Rams.

Then by the power of the media, wham bam the game was snowed off, as god had sneazed about a bag of flours worth of snow on the streets of Derby. Only god knows why it was cancelled, I've seen more snow on my garden spade and that's in the gargage!!!

The game must have been cancelled in case MuespachRam slipped on his arse on a banana skin covered in this one bag of snow, either coming out of the Brunny, the Alex, the Smithfield, the Flowerpot or Bubbles the local knocking shop!!!

Anyway on a positive note, I had a few more ales for myself, on a negative note, my trip back to the loft felt all a bit pointless!

MuespachRam and the rest of the travelling rams, have a great weekend and I'm sure you'll have a good sing song and will give them gumps what for.

Latest weather forecast........saturday in the east midlands........Morning will start with a light drizzle of banana skins, and by lunch time the sky will be blue, the sun will shine all afternoon in the Derby region and by tea time in Nottingham it will be thunder and lightening, with heavy showers of sh1te, followed by miserable heavier showers of sh1te returning back from a football game!!!!!

"We Are Derby, Super Derby, We Are Derby Super Rams"......."C'mon"

cheers... at the airport now enjoying a light refreshment out on the terrace enjoying the sunshine...here in enough time for our 20:30 flight I reckon..!

up the Rams..

Have a good flight mate. I haven't got as far as you to go but setting off from the South Coast at 7.00am tomorrow. In Derby 10.30am..

Where you lot sitting by the way?

PistoldPete2

For all our recent great wins at the swamp, my favourite is still our 2-0 FA Cup win in 83. It had everything and I was 13 so it was the biggest win I could remember. 

Yeah thats the one for me, Clough v Taylor, with Archie scoring   a beauty of a free kick.

1979. 4 -1.

" Forest are in absolute ruins. And Derby County are three up, And manager Brian Clough, i've nerver seen such an exprssion of disgust on his face."

Ahh, altogether now:

"Those were the days, my friend,

We thought they'd never end,

We'd sing and dance, forever and a day.

We'd live the life we'd choose,

We'd fight and never lose,

Those were the days,

Oh yes, those were the days."

Sorry, I'll get me coat

Archived