Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, I voted couldn't really say. I can't be 100% certain it would be yes.

I think the rest of you are telling fibs.

opinions can't be fibs, they aren't right or wrong.

I assumed you would vote yes? After you posted earlier that you said a few times last season we were on the cusp of something, and was shot down.

Sorry Bris, I'm not catching your point mate.

In what way?

You can never tell what is going to happen in the future.

The present may tell you things aren't going to plan but with more time who knows.

I knew David Moyes wasn't going to be a success at United, I knew he was all wrong for that job. But who is to say whether or not in three years time David Moyes would have taken Man United to the top..

It's easy to make assumptions, but I guess people just judge the likes of Clough and Moyes on the time they spent at the club and both ultimately failed to match the owners' objectives.

Voted yes, even tho the mac only gained 1 point on nigel from the reverse fixtures, to me the major difference is the positivity and confidence exuding from the team.

did you press yes? Cause your making it look like I've deleted it!!

opinions can't be fibs, they aren't right or wrong.

I assumed you would vote yes? After you posted earlier that you said a few times last season we were on the cusp of something, and was shot down.

I'm not an idiot Boycie. I can't just make stuff up to suit my argument.

I think we would be comfortably top 6 but don't think we'd have won as many games to get us  so clear in third.

We'll never know what Nigels plans were after the Forest game, if he was going to be brave enough to admit he dropped a ******* in bringing Adam Smith in. Whether we were indeed going to get centre half cover.

Forsyth and Grant had a really shaky start but I can't measure how much of Grants improvement is down to Steele. I'd guess he's had a real influence, so that might not have happened if McClaren hadn't arrived.

I don't think we've played any better either. Just that we've been strong consistently.  The tide turned when the team got it's belief.

I don't know if Nige took that belief away from them, but I've said for 2 years that all they needed was to believe in themselves.

No-one pays attention to what I write these days, you all just jump on the fact i supported Nige so strongly so assume I've got it in for McClaren.

I'll go this far, bringing in McClaren has worked out to have been a brilliant decision but it's a decision that I still don't think needed to be made.

I voted no. I wanted to go with  couldn't say, but for me, the work Eric Steele has done with Granty has been pivotal to our success.

I had no faith in Taylor, we had decent goalies sign for us and, in my opinion, their ability dipped as opposed to improved.

Also, when we went 1 down I was more often than not resigned to a defeat whereas these days I am more optimistic we can turn around a deficit.

I quite like Clough and wanted him to succeed with us but towards the end of his tenure I was thinking Oh FFS Nigel more often than I would have liked.

I wish him well and thank him for his contribution to our club but for me it's onwards and upwards.

* Don't forget I post a lot of ***** and this is only my opinion, I'm not saying I'm right, only what I think.  :)

I'd like to think that Grants improved no end since Steele's been here as Steele is a goal keeping coach.

Taylor was the goal keeping coach before that.

I think we can safely put it down to different coaching styles.

Surely we agree on that?

If nigel was still here......

I think we would have got brayford back which would have been pretty good.

The rest of the team is pretty much the same.

We probably wouldn't have signed thorne, bamford and keane.

i'm not sure dawkins is very different to jacobs.

Nigel has shown he can get a team onto a winning run.

I think we could have made the play offs.

I'm not saying we would have finished third but we might still be going to wembley.

I felt at the start of the season that if brayford stayed we had a chance.

Where is the no option, we would have gone up automatically?

You only have to look at the previous number of times we had been in the top 6 under clough to see that we would suddenly be a top 6 side at the very least.

Next we are going to have a poll on how holloway would have kept palace up....

Wanted him out long before he went and glad Rush had the balls to do it, do Sheff Utd still blame Tevez?

Steele had cleaned up Taylor's bad work in a few months.

Simpson as one man is better than Taylor, Metgod and Garner, far more articulate too.

Got a proper scouting structure in place now, compared to the local newsagent.

Rush has more ambition than Glick.

SMc and Nigel, well no comparison needed even if we don't go up he's proven to be a far better DCFC manager than Nige ever would be.

The good times at DCFC are back. :D

Simpson as one man is better than Taylor, Metgod and Garner, far more articulate too.

Harsh on Metgod, the guy had something about him, you have to if you're going to be part of the coaching staff of a World Cup runner up. Our best spell under Clough was essentially down to him introducing us to 4231 and bringing in Bueno.

Archived