Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mcsilks crying into his Sheffield United mug

What?

Leicester Ram = yet another forum parasite.

Why would I cry over Nigel?

I am very happy for him, and how everything has worked out at Derby.

My issue is merely with those who fail to recognise his efforts with DCDC. 

I wonder what Steve Evans is thinking tonight...

Apparently a few years ago Nigel Clough made some smug remarks about not having to face Conference sides again - something then-Crawley boss Steve Evans took a dislike to.

Fast forward five years and Steve Evans is off to Wembley with a chance of making the Championship, whereas Clough got the sack from the Championship and is guaranteed League One football next season.

How ironic would it be if Rotherham got promoted and Steve Evans said 'at least I don't have to face League One football any more'

I wonder what Steve Evans is thinking tonight...

Apparently a few years ago Nigel Clough made some smug remarks about not having to face Conference sides again - something then-Crawley boss Steve Evans took a dislike to.

Fast forward five years and Steve Evans is off to Wembley with a chance of making the Championship, whereas Clough got the sack from the Championship and is guaranteed League One football next season.

How ironic would it be if Rotherham got promoted and Steve Evans said 'at least I don't have to face League One football any more'

He might think that if he continues to do well enough with a club like Rotherham, then maybe he will earn himself the opportunity to manage a club with the stature of Sheffield United.

He might think that if he continues to do well enough with a club like Rotherham, then maybe he will earn himself the opportunity to manage a club with the stature of Sheffield United.

Pretty sure stature means bugger all if the team is rubbish.

Afterall, I'm pretty sure a manager would feel prouder managing Swansea City in the Premier League - and possibly winning a cup - than Leeds United faffing around in midtable the second division.

Sheff United aren't a big club, and they have exactly the same potential as Rotherham United.

Sheff United aren't a big club, and they have exactly the same potential as Rotherham United.

Hey up. Scattering bait.......

Pretty sure stature means bugger all if the team is rubbish.

Afterall, I'm pretty sure a manager would feel prouder managing Swansea City in the Premier League - and possibly winning a cup - than Leeds United faffing around in midtable the second division.

No, they don't.

Sheffield United have a bigger stadium which gives them access to having more potential than Rotherham.

They clearly don't have poor players and have proven that when managed properly as Clough has done (their league form was very good since he took over and his cup run was acknowledged with a national award), they are in fact a decent side.

Keep on your one man crusade hating Clough. 

As I said before, I get the impression he must have fiddled with your younger sister or something the amount of hatred you have towards him.

It amuses me  :lol:

No, they don't.

Sheffield United have a bigger stadium which gives them access to having more potential than Rotherham.

They clearly don't have poor players and have proven that when managed properly as Clough has done (their league form was very good since he took over and his cup run was acknowledged with a national award), they are in fact a decent side.

As I said before, I get the impression he must have fiddled with your younger sister or something the amount of hatred you have towards him.

Are you serious?

They have exactly the same potential... Their limit is 8th place in the Premier League - both of them, exactly the same as us.

Our only limit is Southampton's position now added with a cup final win and a Europa League run (and possible victory).

Don't be deluded into thinking that Sheff United could get any better than that and there is no reason why Rotherham couldn't reach that level. Afterall, Fulham, Wigan and Swansea ahve done it.

No, they don't.

There are also no decent sides in League One... And I have no hatred of Clough, I just think it will be rather comical if Steve Evans gets Rotherham promoted given what Clough allegedly said five or six years ago.

Are you serious?

They have exactly the same potential... Their limit is 8th place in the Premier League - both of them, exactly the same as us.

Our only limit is Southampton's position now added with a cup final win and a Europa League run (and possible victory).

Don't be deluded into thinking that Sheff United could get any better than that and there is no reason why Rotherham couldn't reach that level. Afterall, Fulham, Wigan and Swansea ahve done it.

So was Man City's potential 8th place 10 years ago?

A teams potential is decided on the strength of their ownership and more importantly, how much they are willing to spend.

Leicester City's owners are saying they will have a top 5 place within 2 years and are talking of throwing 180M at their side.

If they do that. they will break the top 8 and throw your deluded argument into the water.

There are also no decent sides in League One... And I have no hatred of Clough, I just think it will be rather comical if Steve Evans gets Rotherham promoted given what Clough allegedly said five or six years ago.

There are plenty of decent sides in Division One. 

You just think football played outside of the Premiership top 4 is rubbish.

You have no appreciation of lower league football. 

I'm surprised you support Derby. 

Do you know what Evans said when his Boston team played Burton Albion while Nige was manager or are you spouting of about stuff you think you understand again? While Evans was criminally cheating his way to a league title costing Burton Albion promotion.

The ill feeling runs much deeper than the comment about Derby playing Crawley but as you're the font of all football knowledge I'm surprised you didn't know that bit.

Evans is a cheating **** who cheated his way into the league. I quite like the way he's got Rotherham playing.

I doubt for one second NIge will care if Evans goes up, the man is a walking circus.

Archived