Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sort of award is that?

And the final hasn't been played yet.

Did Moyes get the Charity Shield one?

I do find it quite funny for all the mocking David Moyes and Manchester United got, they still won more trophies than Liverpool and Chelsea

I do find it quite funny for all the mocking David Moyes and Manchester United got, they still won more trophies than Liverpool and Chelsea

Not as funny as Mourinho has now gone two season without silverware, losing his mojo?

They also finished in their customary 3rd place again.

Now now, put your bottom lip away, bully my arse :lol:

Brett Wilson had a little pop at Clough I've just seen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372681

I like that. He looks genuinely passionate about derby county. He not gonna change our colours and badge any time soon. Little dig at Nigel, but whatevs. But I hope hasn't secretly been pouring money in hand over fist, I like being the poor boys that done good.

I quite like W Brett Wilson.

That is a little dig at Nigel but I think he's entitled to say what he wants as it's his money that keeps the team going. That's not some random season ticket holder, that's the guy who pays everyones wages, If you don't get on the same page with him, then you're doomed, no matter what industry you're in. Nigel should have gone out of his way to make sure he kept this guy onside.

I'd be really narked if i was a major investor, bank rolling a business that was losing money and yet STILL I got "blamed" for not spending enough,

It seems clear that they got pissed off at Nigel's constant use of budget for reasons of not competing at the top end of the table.

It seems they didn't believe him when he told them he'd built a squad capable of competing THIS SEASON, it seems they gave up on him

It looks like miscommunication, percieved dourness and maybe even a lack of bravado has cost Nigel his job.

They should do well to remember though, who built the side, they still should remember the work he did in the transfer market and they should also do well to remember the state he left the squad in. His squad is about to get promoted. The value of his squad is massive, compared to when he took over.

So I don't understand the little digs and I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is they are "blaming" Nigel for?

For leaving behind such a good platform? Is that why they're angry?

His hit rate in the transfer market wasn't that good to be fair. But the ones that have been good have finally started to perform.

I won't disagree on the % of hits or misses, there were definitely some flops, I'm just thinking pound for pound.

Are they worth more now than what he paid for them? that type of thinking.

His hit rate in the transfer market wasn't that good to be fair. But the ones that have been good have finally started to perform.

Nonsense.

Take all of Clough's transfers and he will easily come out on top.

He signed some first class players and very few poor ones. Of course there are a few exceptions but generally speaking, he was very, very careful and very, very prudent.

Plain and simple. We would not be where we are now if not for Clough.

I guess you are simply 'fishing' as you and your little sidekick Daveo tend to do from time to time.

You're like a pair of naughty school children.

Personally I feel that Nigel stopped us doing a forest / leeds / portsmouth / wolves and free falling into division 1.  I feel that he could have got us into the playoff final or promoted, however I think it would have taken 3 or 4 more seasons.

I'd love to see a list of his signings.

But, you're right. The circumstances he was working under were quite restrictive.

Having owners that have no confidence in your scouting ability can't be easy.

Luckily, like you say, he did happen upon a few good ones. Just goes to show what good coaching can do.

Can't wait for Wembley me.

I'd love to see a list of his signings.

But, you're right. The circumstances he was working under were quite restrictive.

Having owners that have no confidence in your scouting ability can't be easy.

Luckily, like you say, he did happen upon a few good ones. Just goes to show what good coaching can do.

Can't wait for Wembley me.

Yes. It's a shame Clough couldn't coach.

Whatever will he do with his life...

If you troll...sorry, search hard enough, you might just happen upon that list of signings.

Archived