Burnley v Derby County

sage

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just having a look at the Burnley board and a few are saying Martin slipped but then appealed for the pen so deserved the booking.

Personally I saw him look back for the ball and then watched Jeff smash it beautifully into the bottom corner and didn't appeal. Will have to see it again to be sure though...

Just having a look at the Burnley board and a few are saying Martin slipped but then appealed for the pen so deserved the booking.

Personally I saw him look back for the ball and then watched Jeff smash it beautifully into the bottom corner and didn't appeal. Will have to see it again to be sure though...

That's how I saw it too. No appeal at all was made.

Dyche reckons he appealed too, looking forward to seeing it on FLS.

On a slightly different note, Martin was putting it about a bit today after a couple of decisions went against him and I could see him getting sent off at some point if not withdrawn. Shame it happened like that and he couldn't at least get sent off for taking Shackell or Trippier's head off though -_-

Martin puts it about every game. He got booked after a second soft foul and then when he got taken out of the ball, their player didn't get booked.

What I cannot understand is why Bamford was not booked.

The referee was the worst I have seen this season.

Only in your opinion. My opinion is that they don't get personal, they make mistakes I agree entirely.

Slightly diverting what annoys me most is that they get vilified for making a mistake by press and certainly by managers who hide there own shortcomings by blaming a referee. So was nice to see Macs interview pretty much staying away from blaming the ref for the loss.

hmmmm....

Derby County manager Steve McClaren says Chris Martin should have been awarded a penalty rather than sent off: "I've looked at it over and over and it's a penalty.

"There's slight contact and Chris Martin has slipped because of the contact. His leg has been taken away, it wasn't a dive.

"First thing was he (the referee) hasn't given the penalty which was wrong and then he gave him the yellow card for diving, which is wrong again."

hmmmm....

Derby County manager Steve McClaren says Chris Martin should have been awarded a penalty rather than sent off: "I've looked at it over and over and it's a penalty.

"There's slight contact and Chris Martin has slipped because of the contact. His leg has been taken away, it wasn't a dive.

"First thing was he (the referee) hasn't given the penalty which was wrong and then he gave him the yellow card for diving, which is wrong again."

and disallowed a good goal.

The fact that he wasn't fit enough to do a full 90 minutes having missed the last game totally due to injury and only trained once all week.

If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start , burnley must have thought they had won the lottery when they saw the team sheets

Archived