Burnley v Derby County

sage

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry will have to disagree, thought he made a honest judgement. Think he will see he got it wrong when he does ever see it again. Just my opinion

Sorry, cant let this go, I would agree it was an honest error of judgement IF the same sanctions were taken against Bamford and Barnes - the fact that they weren't proves it was personal

Sorry, cant let this go, I would agree it was an honest error of judgement IF the same sanctions were taken against Bamford and Barnes - the fact that they weren't proves it was personal

Sorry have to disagree. In my ten years as a referee and I've mingled with a fair few, and I can only go on what I've seen, not one has got personal ever. Apologies if harsh but that's the way I see it. Understand totally if you don't agree as we will be probably bashing each other's heads against each other! :)

Sorry have to disagree. In my ten years as a referee and I've mingled with a fair few, and I can only go on what I've seen, not one has got personal ever. Apologies if harsh but that's the way I see it. Understand totally if you don't agree as we will be probably bashing each other's heads against each other! :)

What did you think of Howard Webb not giving Suarez a second penalty against Arsenal in the FA Cup?

I got the impression he thought 'I just gave Suarez a penalty I can't give him another'

It was a blatant penalty and IMO Webb's personal feelings got in the way of awarding Liverpool another penalty. That can't have been a professional call because it was so blatant.

What did you think of Howard Webb not giving Suarez a second penalty against Arsenal in the FA Cup?

I got the impression he thought 'I just gave Suarez a penalty I can't give him another'

It was a blatant penalty and IMO Webb's personal feelings got in the way of awarding Liverpool another penalty. That can't have been a professional call because it was so blatant.

Only in your opinion. My opinion is that they don't get personal, they make mistakes I agree entirely.

Slightly diverting what annoys me most is that they get vilified for making a mistake by press and certainly by managers who hide there own shortcomings by blaming a referee. So was nice to see Macs interview pretty much staying away from blaming the ref for the loss.

Only in your opinion. My opinion is that they don't get personal, they make mistakes I agree entirely.

Slightly diverting what annoys me most is that they get vilified for making a mistake by press and certainly by managers who hide there own shortcomings by blaming a referee. So was nice to see Macs interview pretty much staying away from blaming the ref for the loss.

If I concede that it wasn't deliberately personal, then subconsciously he viewed the situation as if Martin was the villain. There is no other explanation. He cant see something that never happened ie. the dive 

If I concede that it wasn't deliberately personal, then subconsciously he viewed the situation as if Martin was the villain. There is no other explanation. He cant see something that never happened ie. the dive

Like I say, make mistakes "offering my hand" :)

Like I say, make mistakes "offering my hand" :)

Fair play for defending the bloke, but when you are making a massive game changing decision you have to be 200 % sure you are right. If your going to send someone off for diving there has to be clear daylight between tackler and diver anything else and the ref is guessing I'm afraid. No wonder the guy has been relegated from the prem rosta, think he'll be doing the conference next week . Even Leicester Manish thought it was bad, that says it all

I know from personal experience that referee's that they can target you.

My brother once went in on a goalkeeper and it was dangerous but it was unintentional and the referee was hounding him the whole game. Making snidy comments every time he went past him. My bro said it was so hard to concentrate and was adamant the referee was bullying him. This was a FA youth cup match so it was a decent standard.

The referee knew about Martin' diving. He did not target him deliberately but in the back of his head, he knew what Martin was like and 100% had a effect on his decision because of this.

I know from personal experience that referee's that they can target you.

My brother once went in on a goalkeeper and it was dangerous but it was unintentional and the referee was hounding him the whole game. Making snidy comments every time he went past him. My bro said it was so hard to concentrate and was adamant the referee was bullying him. This was a FA youth cup match so it was a decent standard.

The referee knew about Martin' diving. He did not target him deliberately but in the back of his head, he knew what Martin was like and 100% had a effect on his decision because of this.

Fair enough if you had personal experience. Apologies to all especially timmo if I'm defending refs but I always side with that view being one previously, if he had targeted him he would be reported. Also if it was FA cup match the assesses would have been there and picked it up. Trust me

Think I will keep my big gob shut for a bit now. Gone through truck loads of notifications. Promise to respond to any tomorrow! Apologies!

Today has made me belief that we can go up second....yes ok we lost but the players will take confidence from this because:

We outplayed them in the second half if Sammons effort had gone in then I think we would of got a result I'm sure the players will be disappointed with losing but after a bad decision it could of all gone wrong and we could go got battered instead we stayed strong played good football and created a few chances!!

If we had lost two nil and been outplayed with 11 men then I wouldn't have belief and it would be hard for Steve to pick the players back up but I think they will take a lot from this and batter millwall!!

Main thing is lots of football still to be played let's keep behind the players and get them back into winning ways

Burnley fans were right on top of the referee's back all game. Bunch of mardy scrunts, proved by their inability to construct a comprehensible sentence on the way back to my car.

What a terrible referee, I reckon with 11 men on the pitch we'd have got right back into that game.

Still, I think we performed okay after a shaky start and the rams fans did themselves proud today. We needed Martin on the pitch though!

Jesus, should've been 1-1 man!

Thought Hughes, Dawkins and Russell were crap today. Not sure why Wisdom was pretending to be a dog for the first goal. Sammon was very good again.

thought hughes was very good today, got himself into good postions and kept the ball well

Archived