Burnley v Derby County

sage

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably for scoring after the whistle had blown - and he (the ref if we may call him that) must have been bloody quick off the mark.

Is a dive a foul that should stop play though? Should a good ref allow play on if there is a dive then go back and book the player when the game stops?

Presumably for scoring after the whistle had blown - and he (the ref if we may call him that) must have been bloody quick off the mark.

Martin claimed for the penalty and, after seeing Trippier pulling his leg AWAY from the tackle, and the ref already having made his mind up it wasn't a pen, I think Martin made it easy for the ref to give the yellow card.

If you'd have set your game plan out the way you did with 10 men, instead of coming to stifle the midfield, I think you'd have drawn the game or maybe even beaten us. Who knows? But why change a winning formula? These things do even themselves up though, despite you being angry right now.

Sheff Wed at home (1-1) - we murdered them and one of theirs assaulted Ashley Barnes in the last 5 minutes. No penalty given.

Derby away (3-0) - Shackell penalised for perfect tackle, although it didn't cost us.

Leicester away (1-1) - Vardy dropped like a stone when into the box for their goal.

Huddersfield away (1-2) - Duff with two wrongfully received yellow cards, which TV replays clearly showed afterwards. The first for handball in the box when we could see from 100 yards away it was outside. The replays also showed it wasn't handball and was outside the box. They scored the penalty. Even their fans couldn't believe it was given.

Wonder why the Burnley fans sing Millwalls no one likes us. I found them friendly, down to earth nice folk.

I don't know why it started, but we've been singing that for over 30 years. Perhaps when we were plummeting down the leagues to the basement in the 80's and we had a large (percentage of attendance) hooligan element? It's not really like that anymore, no more so than any other club, but we tend to (usually) sing it when things are going against us on the pitch.

Stll don't think he claimed for a penalty but I can understand why people are saying he did. He does throw his arms out but only after Hendrick has scored. Why would he be appeal for a penalty at this point? For me he's heard the whislte, knows what's coming and is protesting his innocence, but I imagine some people will continue to see it differently.

But you're right, these things tend to even out over 46 games. They just hurt all the more when they occur at the business end of the season vs your main rival for automatic promotion!

You were lucky. That is it! No more to the story.

You did miss the part where McClaren changed a winning formula though, which forced Martin to have to try and impose himself forcefully on our centre halves. You played better without him, deserving a lot more after the sending off than before.

But okay. I'd rather be lucky at this time of the season if I'm honest.

You did miss the part where McClaren changed a winning formula though, which forced Martin to have to try and impose himself forcefully on our centre halves. You played better without him, deserving a lot more after the sending off than before.

But okay. I'd rather be lucky at this time of the season if I'm honest.

100% right, there's no place for physicality in the championship. 

I agree referees should not be swayed by reputation but they are human and they must talk to other Refs so they have to be swayed . certain players get booked when other players don't. Since Martin went down easily v blackpool on tv he has been targetted it is wrong but it is true

What formula did he change? We've played 4-3-3 every game since he came him with Martin on his own through the middle.

Really? If so then your two wide men were playing extremely deep. Perhaps our play forced your guys to sit a little deeper? Not sure but it looked like you were playing one up top with wide players who could push on when you had the ball? When I've seen you on TV your players seemed to play much higher up the pitch.

100% right, there's no place for physicality in the championship.

There's physicality and then stupidity. The way he was getting stuck in, and we all enjoy a physical game, he was bound to be booked. As I stated on another thread on here, I said to a mate after a few minutes that he'd be lucky to stay on the pitch the way he was trying to knock people about. Loved the clothes line on Barton a few weeks ago, but there's only so much that the referee will miss or overlook. The game has changed, for the worse in my opinion, over recent years with regards to contact.

PistoldPete2

But why did the ref blow the whistle if it wasnt a foul?

"1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100922144039/football/en/images/9/90/Robert_Madley" alt="Robert_Madley">

I bet he was a bully at school, is an ex copper, or is one of them annoying practical jokers that is just not funny, he certainly ain't a ref!

He's got to be one of them folk that turn up at sporting events, that get dressed up in all the kit and run on to the pitch and pretend they are part of the game! Yep he's been down JJB sports, and even done a **** job on buying the kit! Should of bought a Man Utd strip instead and done us all a favour!

PistoldPete2

"1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100922144039/football/en/images/9/90/Robert_Madley" alt="Robert_Madley">

This guy looks like a Mr Bean character; a walking disaster area

PistoldPete2

There's physicality and then stupidity. The way he was getting stuck in, and we all enjoy a physical game, he was bound to be booked. As I stated on another thread on here, I said to a mate after a few minutes that he'd be lucky to stay on the pitch the way he was trying to knock people about. Loved the clothes line on Barton a few weeks ago, but there's only so much that the referee will miss or overlook. The game has changed, for the worse in my opinion, over recent years with regards to contact.

Football League show looked at the times Martin was penalised, none of them were fouls. His first booking wasnt a foul leave alone a booking. The peno /goal that wasnt was a foul, and he lost his footing. It wasnt a dive, and he didnt appeal. Dont know why it wasnt a goal anyway. Really The ref had an absolute disgrace of a game, getting 3 things wrong in a single move.

He was pretty bad last year v Forest. Forest fans think he was wrong to send Blackstock off. Seemed fair enough to me, except he didnt book anyone in the first half , when some of our tackles were pretty dodgy.

Its all about his inconsistency. Booked (and sent off) Martin for not diving, but didnt book Bamford or your player for blatant dives.

Hes the worst ref I have seen even worse than Attwell and thats saying something.

Archived