Derby v Bournemouth

sage

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawkins should be back for the bench too... Ward possibly fit enough for the bench.

Is it s good opportunity to give Hendrick and Thorne a run too?

Not too sure how much McClaren would want to change the defensive side of the team considering we have just had two clean sheets in a row... and that means not replacing Eustace with Thorne. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Thorne used in place of Eustace but I just can't see it until Eustace gets banned or tired late on in a game. 

Regarding Hendrick, I'd like to see him take Bryson's place vs. Bournemouth I reckon... Bryson went off injured vs. Wednesday so might be on the bench come Saturday with Jeff starting. Bryson would be a great impact sub though, almost Sammon esq. in terms of his work rate!!

Not too sure how much McClaren would want to change the defensive side of the team considering we have just had two clean sheets in a row... and that means not replacing Eustace with Thorne. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Thorne used in place of Eustace but I just can't see it until Eustace gets banned or tired late on in a game. 

Regarding Hendrick, I'd like to see him take Bryson's place vs. Bournemouth I reckon... Bryson went off injured vs. Wednesday so might be on the bench come Saturday with Jeff starting. Bryson would be a great impact sub though, almost Sammon esq. in terms of his work rate!!

Yeh I agree, I was actually thinking Thorne for Hughes...

By all accounts Thorne is a playmaker so not entirely dissimilar to Hughes, might need to sit a bit further up the pitch than perhaps he's used to but I think Hughes would benefit from another rest after the full 90 on a very heavy pitch the other night and there's a huge game coming up against Burnley.

Hendrick in for Bryson, who we could also do with resting.

I still think this gives us our preferred shape and the challenge is laid down to Hendrick and Thorne to compete for a starting place, I don't think it underestimates Bournemouth either, they're two top young players coming in.

Think Russell has had it tough.

Gets into starting line up, then gets injured and has to start all over again.

Happened twice to him this season.

Think he deserves a start again and he's not afraid to shoot if he gets a sniff at goal.

Archived