Derby v Bournemouth

sage

Quote from a Bournemouth forum...

"Nobody has raised the additional point that must have worked Eddie up. The unnecessary mugging of Cookie by Martin after Cookie had played the ball, which broke his nose and which the ref and lino ignored to the extent that Martin wasn't carded, it could have been red and we never got a free kick.

Also the brutal feet up challenge into Kermogant that only produced a yellow. Outside the stadium that would have been GBH and assault.

The referee was indecisive all afternoon. Can't believe BMB's post that this guy was being fast tracked. He's very much from the Barry Knight school of referreeing.

Whilst he might be ok performing in front of 1,500 fans at Accrington he's certainly not one for performing in front of a large crowd.

If the two challenges had been by AFCB players the crowd would have been baying and our players would have been shown straight reds.

I'm afraid the Football League Sean Dysche Burnley Appreciation Show just gets worse. Can't believe Ritchie's shot against the post was unworthy of a mention."

Apart from their shot hitting the post, did any of this actually happen? :lol:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling quite the victim there, as you always do when you lose under, admittedly, questionable circumstances. I don't know about any of the incidents mentioned because I can't remember much about either of them and there's no replays of them available. 

From what I remember of the Martin challenge, it was just one of those where he catches him without intent in a reasonably fair challenge. It's a contact sport, **** happens.

Grant 8 - Phenomenal. Saved everything that came his way and looked confident in coming out to claim and punch.

Wisdom 6 - Solid. Dallies on the ball at times but his strength for such a young lad still shocks me.

Keogh 7 - Couple of shaky moments but a real leader at the back and dealt with everything.

Bucko 8 - Same as Keogh but less dodgy moments.

Forsyth 6  - Didn't really have much to do. Didn't get forward as much and got caught a couple of times with his pace.

Eustace 6 - Played OK. Game largely passed him by but made a couple of nice interceptions.

Hendrick 6 - Very inconsistent. Some of his play was fantastic, some was terrible. Loads of misplaced passes.

Hughes 8 - Back to his usual self today. Passing and awareness were phenomenal and he went on a couple of great little runs.

Bamford 4 - Terrible today. Lost the ball way too many times and wasn't a threat at all.

Martin 6 - Workmanlike performance. Battled away and didn't have too much joy. Until that goal, of course...

Russell 6 - His intent and enthusiasm is outstanding. Ran all day long and made things happen but his decision-making, when it comes to an end product, is woeful. So many times he should have shot and opted to pass, which led to us giving the ball away. Very frustrating but I think he'll come really good for us.

Dawkins 7 - Changed the game. Danced through the opposition and created plenty of openings. We NEED him to start next game.

Sammon 6 - Made himself a nuisance, as per usual. Hustled and harried their defense, although his finishing is still not there.

Grant saved everything that came his way?

Well yes, Bournemouth had one shot in target all game!

Well, that's definitely not true. I distinctly remember at least 2 shots on target, both from Grabban.

Came for crosses and punched well too.

Bournemouth 10 shots at goal only 1 on target per BBC stats. Even hitting the post counts as of target,

But hey, I agree Grant commands his area well these days.

I thought Bournemouth were the reason we were so poor in the first half. They defended deep and in numbers which meant we got frustrated and tried to force it too often. Then they counter attacked with great pace and should have scored goals in first half. I thought Rantie looked a great player, turning with speed and skill on numerous occasions.

The half time subs worked well and we started with much more pressure, however they rode the storm and started to cause us problems again. The turning point was when Rantie was inexplicably subbed and they lost their out ball for the rest of the match. They also started to tire and you felt a goal coming. Great goal and we saw the game out reasonably easily.

Think we'll have a few more home games like this for rest of season as teams try even harder to restrict us. Hopefully we don't come up against a pair of forwards like yesterday again.

Quite liked Grabban too. That turn on the line took out 2 players and put him through was brilliant.

Like you say, we just couldn't figure out how to attack them in the first half. Bamford was useless and Forsyth was sloppy and defensive. But mostly we just couldn't find a route. They were just picking us off from our own errors and as you said again Rantie was quick to everything.

Archived