Derby v Bournemouth

sage

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Smith told The Daily Echo.. 

'...What happened (at Derby) was the defining moment in making me look elsewhere. The same thing had happened to me at Leeds and you do doubt yourself.

"Deep down, though, I knew that a lot of it came down to circumstances. It wasn`t down to me why the loans didn`t work out.

"I think I am now ready to play a full, competitive game so I just have to keep on training well and try to give the manager a decision to make." 

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=350151#ixzz2tlFKeWNo

That's some statement!

I don't think he was a terrible player by any stretch, but he wasn't as good as Freeman IMO and miles away from Wisdom. It was his ability was why the loan didn't work out, not the circumstances. 

Bournemouth are doing quite well lately, they haven't lost many in the last 3 or 4 months. 3 I think it is, and they're doing quite well away from home. One of those defeats was against Liverpool.

Still think we'll win, so I'm going for three 1-0 wins in a row.

Russell FGS if he starts, Martin if Russell is on the bench.

Bournemouth are doing quite well lately, they haven't lost many in the last 3 or 4 months. 3 I think it is, and they're doing quite well away from home. One of those defeats was against Liverpool.

Still think we'll win, so I'm going for three 1-0 wins in a row.

Russell FGS if he starts, Martin if Russell is on the bench.

Funny that, 

last 6 games, they've lost twice, drawn 4 and won just one.

Wigan beat them 3-0, Leicester 1-0 - Score draws with Bolton, Watford and Burnley and their win came at home against Huddersfield.

Indicates a slight, yet plucky slump.

I don't know what they did before hand though, but if they've only lost 3 in the last month - they could be rattled by their more recent run of games. 

Funny that, 

last 6 games, they've lost twice, drawn 4 and won just one.

Wigan beat them 3-0, Leicester 1-0 - Score draws with Bolton, Watford and Burnley and their win came at home against Huddersfield.

Indicates a slight, yet plucky slump.

I don't know what they did before hand though, but if they've only lost 3 in the last month - they could be rattled by their more recent run of games. 

Last 10, Won 3, Drawn 5 and Lost 2.

It ain't bad for a bottom half team, proves they'll be hard to beat as we found out earlier in the season.

Lots of people talking about us losing our way and being a gritty team are being bogged down by the last two performances. You need to look at them in context, QPR was never going to be pretty from us. They were a team full of professionals who know how to get away with niggles, make a game scrappy because they knew that wouldn't suit us. They chose to make it scrappy. The conditions last night were far from ideal for passing football, suiting a physical home team. It was a classic away performance, but yet again we didn't choose to make t scrappy ourselves; they did. My point is I think two games that were going to be dull and gritty just happened to coincide, it's nothing to worry about.

Derby 3-1 Bournemouth

Martin frgs   Rantie

Russell

Buxton

Archived