Radio 1

SSD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to work at RD.

A 3 hour show would be the same as chatting to OAP's in the street who moan about why Derick next door is building a shed higher than the fence height and obstructs a view. Then a quick bulletin about Little Eaton island blocking everything up. How easy of a 3 hours is that to fill  :cool:

How very dare you! There's some very interesting debates on RD in the morning.

In the morning is the problem there, its ******* 8am I dont care about what ever petty issue you're arguing about this time

My best solution for the problem is just to sleep in and miss it, works a treat!

Cannot bear adverts on radio.

Radio 1 sucks but is better than 3, 4 etc.

Local BBC radio is just painful.

Radio 2 is ok in the day but when I'm listening, late on, it's usually some pre 50s stuff or weird shizzle like Hammond Organ appreciation night.

So its R5Live for me mostly.

Cannot bear adverts on radio.

Radio 1 sucks but is better than 3, 4 etc.

Local BBC radio is just painful.

Radio 2 is ok in the day but when I'm listening, late on, it's usually some pre 50s stuff or weird shizzle like Hammond Organ appreciation night.

So its R5Live for me mostly.

I'm getting so feckin old and miserable nowadays i pick radio (and TV stations for that matter) purely on the fact that there's no adverts.

I'd rather listen to Val Doonican singing "Paddy McGinty's goat" than an advert for fckin Wonga.

I'm getting so feckin old and miserable nowadays i pick radio (and TV stations for that matter) purely on the fact that there's no adverts.

I'd rather listen to Val Doonican singing "Paddy McGinty's goat" than an advert for fckin Wonga.

Prefer Delaney's Donkey myself!

Talksport seems to have more adverts than any other station. Makes it hard to listen to.

The most infuriating advert on Smooth is a skoda advert.

"Whether you say Skoda or Shkoda.."

Who says Shkoda?!?? Frickin' drongo.

Don't see adverts on TV. I channel flick when the come on. Usually end up turning back too late or forgetting to switch back at all.

"Have you had an accident at work that wasn't your fault?"

"I was wearing roller skates when I climbed up a ladder..."

Boom! Next channel.

50 hours per week I listen to Smooth. Not that the pointer sisters ever gets old. But some of it makes me want kill myself twice.

Which is once less than Chris Moyles. Cat funt

to be fair, I got a tunecaster thing from Belkin* (*other suppliers are available), which plugs into the bottom of my iphone5 (and charges it), so I listen mainly to music that's on my phone.

Made me chuckle.

Don't see adverts on TV. I channel flick when the come on. Usually end up turning back too late or forgetting to switch back at all.

This is my problem. I have such a short attention span I forget that I was even watching anything or what I was watching. It's only an hour or so later that I remember I've only seen half a programme.

That's why I Sky + or Sky Anytime everything and watch it later. Skip through all the ads. Sky might have destroyed football, but I'm a big fan of the modern way of watching TV that Sky have pioneered.

Isn't Patrick McGinty an Irishman of note..

Who won 20 dollars and bought himself a goat?

...trying to remember the bloody rest wether I want to or not. All I'm getting is a bang and an angel with whiskers.

Bloody hell. I'm gonna be all day remembering this. Thanks fer nowt Uttox :-(

I'm more of a classics man me sen, but, as with other staions mentioned above, an unnecessary plethora of comfy, middle-class adverts.

Trouble is, if I tune in to Radio 3 I'm invariablly met with 10-20 seconds complete silence. God knows what they're doing, moving the piano or summat. Constantly.

For all you non-classical fans, here's a rendition of Beethoven's 5th symphony. The gramophone version starts with the commentator (the inimitable Peter Schikele) explaining that classical music can be complicated and needs program notes. The problem is that just before the music starts, they turn the house lights down so you can't read them.

Here is his solution.

In my view the LP version wa smuch  better in that it left a lot to the imagination, the piece finished with the slightly-confused commentator saying " I think they've finished. Yes, the players are removing their helmets"

Archived