Radio 1

SSD

Sara Cox is now leaving. Radio 1 is now officially crap. The new boss of Radio 1 has completely destroyed a perfectly good radio station. I can see why people now listen to Radio 2 more nowadays. Can't believe I'm actually saying this but I'd rather have Chris Moyles on in the morning than that utterly annoying asshole Grimshaw. How did he get that job? He makes my ears bleed. I know they were trying to aim at the under 21 group but even they are saying it's dog mess. Sort it out Radio 1!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does R1 still play the current Top 5 every hour? I stopped listening to them cos of this.

Now I alternate between RD's Breakfast Show with Bloomers which I love ( hosted by Ian Skye when Colins having treatment who's also really good), then I have Absolute 80's on.

Some great memorable choons on there. Never heard Agadoo tho, sorry Daveo.

I haven't listened to Radio 1 for years. Most of the DJ's are just to far up themselves and think their opinion matters far more than the people that actually buy the music.

Radio 1 was started as a station that would play the most popular music at the time, But most DJ's seem to have become music snobs and play what they deem to be the best music and ignore the fact that most people buy something completely different.

I'm 31 (contrary to what I just put in another thread). When Moyles left I decided I was officially of the age to switch the Radio 2. A bit like deciding when I was officially so bald I had to simply admit it and shave my head.

Now I'm a Radio 2 listener and never looking back. The odd time I actually overhear radio 1, it really is crap. And I can't be doing with radio adverts, so options are limited.

It gets a bit weird after 7 though, with country and jazz and stuff. I like the fact they devote some time to those niches, but it's not my cup of tea.

I'm 31 (contrary to what I just put in another thread). When Moyles left I decided I was officially of the age to switch the Radio 2. A bit like deciding when I was officially so bald I had to simply admit it and shave my head.

Now I'm a Radio 2 listener and never looking back. The odd time I actually overhear radio 1, it really is crap. And I can't be doing with radio adverts, so options are limited.

It gets a bit weird after 7 though, with country and jazz and stuff. I like the fact they devote some time to those niches, but it's not my cup of tea.

I prefer the weird stuff though!! Plus Bob Harris is a legend.

Radio 1 has been crap since Mark and Lard left.

It's a singles(7", not unmarried) station really,singles aren't relevant any more.Do people still buy them?

Out of the BBC radio stations radio 2 and 6 are the best.

Planet Rock for music and Talk Sport for ,well,sport for me.

How very dare you! There's some very interesting debates on RD in the morning.

'This morning we ask whether there are too many zebra crossings in the Duffield area.'

Rosemary has texted in saying 'Yes i think there is, I encounter at least 3 or 4 every morning'

It's like the one show, talking about pointless crap.

Archived