I think it's not just me that needs to get over it!!!

Mostyn6

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough was the only manager in 30+ years of following the club that made me feel like giving up and finding another sport. An average manager who was given too much time and nearly sucked the life out of the club and it's fanbase as a result. I do not doubt that his heart was in the right place but I'm glad he was sacked - it was the right decision, if not handled particularly well. The club feels much more professional and dynamic now so I doubt we'll ever need to beg him and his coaching team to come back and rescue us.

No, the sector did exist, but it took me a few years to find it. I'm actually so stuck in my ways I'm still doing similar things to what I was doing 35 years ago. The first programming language I learned back then was Basic - and guess what? Today I'm writing a testing system in Visual Basic.

I used to love programming in basic.

I wrote programs for drawing perspectives with printouts that were as long as a room; programs for sizing beams, designing lighting schemes, all sorts of stuff.

I really must find out about visual basic......

I never progressed to machine code and all that other stuff......

I totally understand nigels pain.

My view on him is stated many times which i would summarise as:

Slow start.

Cywka, bueno, commons.

Balls up.

Bullying,

crewe, crawley.

shackell.

Bryson and hughes......

Row with Rush.

Some good. Some bad. But sacked when we seemed to be in one the better phases.

Rush wanted to intervene.

Nigel wanted him to get lost.

So rush got rid of nigel.

The old fashioned clash of ego's.

I'm not a massive fan of phil brown style loans.

i'm not convinced by sam rush.

I totally understand that nigel would be hurt and pained by what happened.

I hope he learns a few lessons and bounces back.

I hope we are successful whoever is the manager.

Its not about the manager.

Its not about the noobs in the directors box.

Its about Derby County.........

the players, the fans, the goals, the memories, the history.

Nigel is now part of that history.

Who knows what the future holds.

I used to love programming in basic.

I wrote programs for drawing perspectives with printouts that were as long as a room; programs for sizing beams, designing lighting schemes, all sorts of stuff.

I really must find out about visual basic......

I never progressed to machine code and all that other stuff......

A good place to start is just to open up an Excel spreadsheet, click on the Developer tab and away you go.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee814737(v=office.14).aspx

He's hurt, that's why so many people felt for him. The club hired him knowing his connections to the club...they shouldn't have done.

The issue is that he got exactly the job done that was needed. He took us from a pile of absolute rubbish, barely capable of staying in the division to a side on the verge of giving the playoffs a red hot go. Whether given all the time in the world he could have done that is another question all together, but ultimately the board decided that the best decision was to change things up once the foundations were in place, and as of right now that seems to be paying off. It mightn't stay the case either.

Archived