I think it's not just me that needs to get over it!!!

Mostyn6

Keep up the good work Nige. I'm sure Derby County Football Club will be begging you to come back down the line,

maybe when certain members of the board jump ship or are attracted to other sports, business etc or we find ourselves 

skint again or when the Blades pass us by in the Championship in a few years time.

Enjoy the FA Cup Nigel Clough, and if you bump into Chelsea at home or on your travels, I'm sure you won't be greasing up to them, like our new lot did recently, we had them that worried, that Jose would like us back in the Premiership so he can be greased up a little bit more.

Some of us are not getting carried away just yet by all the hype.

Hilarious.

Last time I looked, we were 4th, so not sure where the 'hype' is that you're not falling for.

If there ever was any hype it was Clough banging on about the youth academy in an attempt to deflect attention from the fact that in 5 years we'd progressed about 10 places.

And a more general point - what is this doing in the Rams section? It's an interview with the Sheffield Utd manager.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep up the good work Nige. I'm sure Derby County Football Club will be begging you to come back down the line,

maybe when certain members of the board jump ship or are attracted to other sports, business etc or we find ourselves 

skint again or when the Blades pass us by in the Championship in a few years time.

Enjoy the FA Cup Nigel Clough, and if you bump into Chelsea at home or on your travels, I'm sure you won't be greasing up to them, like our new lot did recently, we had them that worried, that Jose would like us back in the Premiership so he can be greased up a little bit more.

Funny we are much higher in the league they we have ever been under NC with 20 games to go.

So maybe you can enlighten me on the reasons why he was....

He never said he was doing a 'brilliant job'. He has however alluded to what he believes in that he didn't deserve to be shown the door.

I still firmly believe that is the case irrespective of how his successor does.

Yeah sure, I'd be delighted to oblige.

The official line is the club conducted a review of football operations and come to the conclusion that key areas were not good enough.

-Recruitment

-Relationships

-Coaching

In more detail, these areas were explained, I will summise:-

-Recruitment. The club (Rush, Vicars and co) believed that the club were missing out on good young players and not expansive enough with their recruitment. The club didn't have enough contacts and examples of Leicester buying two quality unknown players for the same money as we signed Connor Sammon and other clubs finding gems abroad, and the poor standard of most of our loan signings, meant they felt this area needed improving.

-Relationships. Some of the biggest clubs have 70-80 players on their books when you include the youth teams. Derby were missing out on these players as we couldn't forge relationships with the clubs in question. Reading between the lines, this was blamed on Clough cos certain clubs wouldn't loan players to Derby.

-Coaching. The club felt that other clubs were previously reluctant to send their players here for fear they wouldn't be coached properly and be looked after.

I admire his open-ness. I struggle to comprehend his mindset. Is he deluded, naive? he genuinely believe he was doing a brilliant job? and it seems he cannot understand the reasons why he was sacked.

I'm sure that he was doing the job he was asked to do for a while - then the goalposts were moved.

Some of us aren't stark, staring mad either.

Venn Diagrams, eh?

skint again or when the Blades pass us by in the Championship in a few years time.

You mean like we begged Brian Clough to come back but he chose Nottingham Forest. Get over it like I had to get over Brian going to Forest. In McClaren I trust and even if we don't go up we are in better hands .

Enjoy Sheff U if you like but NC record with the Rams in the FA Cup doesn't stack up

I'm sure that he was doing the job he was asked to do for a while - then the goalposts were moved.

I don't disagree. IN the modern working world, we all have to be adaptable and buy in to 'continuous improvement', hey, who'd have thunk it? You? Working in a sector than was non-existent when you left grammar school?!?! But that's what you can achieve when you are willing to move with the times.

I would be astounded if the manager of a football club was subject to an annual appraisal just like lots of us are.

The 'goalposts move' all the time in the real world. I am set and set myself new goals all the time; professional goals are set in conjunction with the boss. If I consistently fail to meet those goals, I'm out.

We don't know what goals and objectives were set for him - in terms of internal relationships, relationships with 'clients', leadership, management, finances etc. It's quite possible that he came up short on a regular basis.

skint again or when the Blades pass us by in the Championship in a few years time.

Funny we got Bamford maybe Jose likes Macs style.

PS. Wisdom from Liverpool and Keane from Man U also and now a Dutch goalie I think I like Macs style .

Oh and I forgot Dawkins from Spurs!

Are you f*****ng serious? Or trying to wind me up? If you're criticising McClaren for Derby losing in the FA Cup to one of the best teams in World Club Football, whilst at the same time paying compliments to the manager who couldn't beat a string of lower league sides, then you're as mental as some of your happy-clapping songs! :lol:  

And are you slagging me off again or failing to wind me up.

I've let you had a few goes now, over posts I've made and how you've replied to them.

As I've mentioned previously and now I will have to mention it again, I have a different opinion to you, as simple as that, so get over it. So do you think you are always welcome to swear, that you are welcome to give it Ha Ha or state that it's the most ridiculous post you've read or whatever etc and you've had quite a few of them!!, or imply that I'm mental or whatever.

( I will not bother putting ? marks, because hopefully you won't reply!!!)

You'll be telling me next that we played better recently in Jan 2014 in the 4-1 defeat to Leicester, and McClaren is so positive because he brought forwards on etc etc compared to the Capital Cup defeat Aug 2013 2-1 when Clough was in charge and

all the rest. I personally felt like we'd wound the clock back 4 years. But hey ho, we've just pipped Brighton to a 1-0 home win,

so who's doing all the happy-clapping now! 

I like Nigel Clough and I like certain music, you like Steve McClaren. So please let us stop now, we are supposed to be

fans of the same club.

Please go and pick on someone from the other football clubs or better still nobody at all, because I can't be @rsed with you.

Or better still get yourself off your computer for a while, go find a mirror and ask yourself, would I like to be slagged off, the way I slag off a load of my so called fellow Derby County Football Club fans on forums and all the rest.

And I knew you were going to reply, because you are so predictable. :)

Enjoy the rest of your day. :D

Up The Rams.

Hope not Hate. I think I won 2-1. (2 emotions to 1)

I don't disagree. IN the modern working world, we all have to be adaptable and buy in to 'continuous improvement', hey, who'd have thunk it? You? Working in a sector than was non-existent when you left grammar school?!?! But that's what you can achieve when you are willing to move with the times.

No, the sector did exist, but it took me a few years to find it. I'm actually so stuck in my ways I'm still doing similar things to what I was doing 35 years ago. The first programming language I learned back then was Basic - and guess what? Today I'm writing a testing system in Visual Basic.

Funny we got Bamford maybe Jose likes Macs style.

PS. Wisdom from Liverpool and Keane from Man U also and now a Dutch goalie I think I like Macs style .

Oh and I forgot Dawkins from Spurs!

And I knew the Bamford line was coming!!!  And I'm sure this lot will be Derby County players for a real long time....not!!!.

And are you slagging me off again or failing to wind me up.

I've let you had a few goes now, over posts I've made and how you've replied to them.

As I've mentioned previously and now I will have to mention it again, I have a different opinion to you, as simple as that, so get over it. So do you think you are always welcome to swear, that you are welcome to give it Ha Ha or state that it's the most ridiculous post you've read or whatever etc and you've had quite a few of them!!, or imply that I'm mental or whatever.

( I will not bother putting ? marks, because hopefully you won't reply!!!)

You'll be telling me next that we played better recently in Jan 2014 in the 4-1 defeat to Leicester, and McClaren is so positive because he brought forwards on etc etc compared to the Capital Cup defeat Aug 2013 2-1 when Clough was in charge and

all the rest. I personally felt like we'd wound the clock back 4 years. But hey ho, we've just pipped Brighton to a 1-0 home win,

I like Nigel Clough and I like certain music, you like Steve McClaren. So please let us stop now, we are supposed to be

fans of the same club.

Please go and pick on someone from the other football clubs or better still nobody at all, because I can't be @rsed with you.

Or better still get yourself off your computer for a while, go find a mirror and ask yourself, would I like to be slagged off, the way I slag off a load of my so called fellow Derby County Football Club fans on forums and all the rest.

Enjoy the rest of your day. :D.

Up The Rams.

Just one point in there. Do you think we wound the clock back 4 years when we won 7 on the spin? :)

And I knew the Bamford line was coming!!! And I'm sure this lot will be Derby County players for a real long time....not!!!.

You have a point with that but Watford nearly got promoted last season with loanees I'm hoping we can also get in the playoffs with these players and possibly win them in a Wembley final.

Modern day Championship Football is about getting quality loans in !

And are you slagging me off again or failing to wind me up.

As I've mentioned previously and now I will have to mention it again, I have a different opinion to you, as simple as that, so get over it. So do you think you are always welcome to swear, that you are welcome to give it Ha Ha or state that it's the most ridiculous post you've read or whatever etc and you've had quite a few of them!!, or imply that I'm mental or whatever.

( I will not bother putting ? marks, because hopefully you won't reply!!!)

You'll be telling me next that we played better recently in Jan 2014 in the 4-1 defeat to Leicester, and McClaren is so positive because he brought forwards on etc etc compared to the Capital Cup defeat Aug 2013 2-1 when Clough was in charge and

all the rest. I personally felt like we'd wound the clock back 4 years. But hey ho, we've just pipped Brighton to a 1-0 home win,

I like Nigel Clough and I like certain music, you like Steve McClaren. So please let us stop now, we are supposed to be

fans of the same club.

Please go and pick on someone from the other football clubs or better still nobody at all, because I can't be @rsed with you.

Or better still get yourself off your computer for a while, go find a mirror and ask yourself, would I like to be slagged off, the way I slag off a load of my so called fellow Derby County Football Club fans on forums and all the rest.

Enjoy the rest of your day. :D

Up The Rams.

InverurieRam, genuinely, I must have gotten you all wrong. I apologise for that. You always come across as jovial and someone willing to have a joke at his own expense, hence me calling you mental.

Yes I accept that people have differing opinions, and I won't hold it against you or anyone else for having the wrong ones! I always say this, cos i think it's true, if we were in a pub having this exact conversation, we'd not be offended, upset or even wound up.

Sorry if I over-stepped the line.

FUN FACT

Did you now Derby's attendances have risen since Clough left Derby! Along with there league position.

Good day

Archived