Ear Plugs

rammieib

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do what I have done for years, take your seat at 2.59 and get out of the stadium 3.45 to 4.00. Listening to that endless stream of drivel that is shouted at you is impossible. Happens in all stadiums , why ?

Do what I have done for years, take your seat at 2.59 and get out of the stadium 3.45 to 4.00. Listening to that endless stream of drivel that is shouted at you is impossible. Happens in all stadiums , why ?

Better idea is to arrive at 10 past 3, go for a pie at half past, retake your seat at 10 past 4, and leave on the 79th minute.

Better idea is to arrive at 10 past 3, go for a pie at half past, retake your seat at 10 past 4, and leave on the 79th minute.

Anyone who sits in row W of the North Stand would have to get up about 6 times a game for that drongo.

He leaves earlier and earlier each week now, presumably because the police close the roads off earlier and earlier as more and more fools try to 'beat the rush', thus moving the rush earlier.

They need to understand the concept of 'self-fulfilling prophecies' or 'cause and effect'.

I have to agree with this post.

I sit towards back of lower tier in North stand and you just cannot talk to anyone when the speakers are on.

I took someone to yesterdays game and he made 2 notable comments about the match - the volume of the speakers and the crap standard of referees, although I did point out that yesterday's ref was not that bad compared to what we've had.

I have to agree with this post.

I sit towards back of lower tier in North stand and you just cannot talk to anyone when the speakers are on.

I took someone to yesterdays game and he made 2 notable comments about the match - the volume of the speakers and the crap standard of referees, although I did point out that yesterday's ref was not that bad compared to what we've had.

It's usually too quiet in the East Stand. Not that Im bothered.

The PA level is oppressive and probably illegal.

I love atmosphere, loud music, and frequent many gigs in clubs, venues and halls all over - but the iPro cacophony is just ridiculous  (in E Stand Upper)

It would be great to hear the fans sing or chant to generate a pre-match atmosphere... though I'm under no illusion that late arrival, pies and beer are probably more of the priority than a genuine crowd-generated atmosphere these days.

It seems when the club is occasionally nailed and acknowledges the loudness issue, the volume is attenuated - for a week or two.

A dB meter is needed and the results sent to the club - or they should buy one themselves FFS and treat match attendees with due care and safety, to actually allow friends and family to converse if desired.

The match day experience used to be and should still be pie and a pint somewhere. Get the game 2.30. Loads of banter and chanting between home and away fans which built to a crescendo when the sides came out. It needed nowt else certainly not pitch side announcers and stadium announcers shouting at you, deafening music,.........as I said earlier just get there at 2.59 job done !

Personally i just love the noise....it saves having to think for myself

I can just sit there, mouth open, drooling spittle all down me front, listen to the cacophany and enjoy myself.

Give us a wave..thats right sir ...give us a wave

Heeeeerres raaammmy

And.....

This is your two minute warning.....the players are in the tunnel

.......Are now standard catch phrases in our house

( the latter one during love making)

Archived