Automatic Promotion

Uptherams

Bring a player in who has been injured for a couple of games and risk him getting injured for the run in games?! I would much rather have him practically rested yesterday and fully fit for the run in games.

Give it a rest valleyram, have you ever made a post that wasn't about Bryson? Yes he has been our best player this season, no he shouldn't be rushed back at the risk of losing him for the run in.

Could he no get injured coming off the bench ? If he's fit for the bench he's fit to start , look mclaren gets paid for making big decisions , I feel and I'm not alone he made the wrong one yesterday

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he could have got injured coming off the bench, but he's more likely to get injured the longer he plays. I find it absurd you say that if you're fit enough for the bench you're fit enough to start. Managers will often put a top player on the bench if they're returning to fitness. Are they, and presumably their physios too, all wrong?

I'm sure McClaren would have loved to start Bryson yesterday, but saw it as too big a risk based on the information available to him. I assume this information is somewhat more comprehensive than what is available to you unless you are Bryson or a close friend or family member of his, which I suppose may explain a few things...

Me too. I'm not sure they are going to lose two games from here. We are not going to win every game from now on either. So realistically they are going to need to lose 3 or 4..guess we'll know soon enough.

I've waited Burnley to slip maybe half a season already.

Hope they still do, season is getting short...

PistoldPete2

Me too. I'm not sure they are going to lose two games from here. We are not going to win every game from now on either. So realistically they are going to need to lose 3 or 4..guess we'll know soon enough.

They dont need to lose 2 games. Forest went 14 games unbeaten, but we still got more points in that spell even tho we lost twice. Burnley drew recently v Bournemouth, but we won both games against them. Thats the sort of catching up we can do, winning games when others draw.

Strangely after saturday results we are now  1/33 . Cant see why odds should shorten given QPR drew at home, Forest lost and Reading drew at home.  Spose wigan can still catch us, but it makes it less likely the others will given our run in.

Quite simply because we've gone form 1/50 ON to 1/33 ON, which means the odds have lengthened not shortened!

PistoldPete2

Quite simply because we've gone form 1/50 ON to 1/33 ON, which means the odds have lengthened not shortened!

Ok maybe I didnt say it right. The bookies make us less likely to end up in in the top 6 after Saturdays results which makes no sense to me. 10 man Derby lost away to Burnley. Forest lost at home, QPR drew at home and Reading drew at home to 8 man Yeovil. I dont think those results make it more likely that any of the teams below us , except for Wigan, will finish above us and overall our chances of finishing in top 6 should have gone up.

I think we'd do better in the PL than Burnley if we both went up and signed nobody and played like we both have.

But they have good balance, a well drilled and energetic team who have a set way of doing things. They'll continue to do these things and its obvious that Championship teams haven't really got the players to open them up.

They'll plod on.

We've got to really go for 3pts every week. Better to lose trying to win than draw now. If we sort of plod along too hoping they slip up I don't think we'll catch them. Getting wins while they drop 2 points on occasion is the slow way we'll catch them. It's only 5 pts. We could have that down to 2 with their hard game v Rovers. But it's going to go right to the end with them unless we drop points and fall away.

Going to Ewood is massive for them. Haven't beat them in 35 years and loss could really knock their confidence. Hopefully all us rams are watching Blackburn beat Burnley on Sunday after the Rams beat Millwall on Saturday routing for Blackburn :)

Hope so mate. But the way they play, there's nothing clever or intricate about it. It's really simple percentage stuff (unless you stand off them obviously then, like Forest, they have decent individuals happy to knock it about).

They all look so comfortable and confident in what they're doing. I think they'll beat Rovers. If not I think they're so well rehearsed and have such faith in the way they play that they'll continue to add to their points tally almost every week.

Be nice to have that gap down by the time we've played Ipswich away. That would set us up nicely

Hope so mate. But the way they play, there's nothing clever or intricate about it. It's really simple percentage stuff (unless you stand off them obviously then, like Forest, they have decent individuals happy to knock it about).

They all look so comfortable and confident in what they're doing. I think they'll beat Rovers. If not I think they're so well rehearsed and have such faith in the way they play that they'll continue to add to their points tally almost every week.

Be nice to have that gap down by the time we've played Ipswich away. That would set us up nicely

Hope so, going to be interesting!

PistoldPete2

I don't think we're quite good enough to go up automatically.

Are Burnley? Theyve kept the same team 7 games running. Lucky to get that, what if they get injuries? 

A Burnley win tomorrow and it will be really hard for anyone to catch them. They would need a sudden and severe dip in form, which is possible, but even then it would need one of the chasing pack to go on a big run, and none of them look like they're capable.

Archived