Leicester City v Derby County

Mafiabob

JW winds me up. Wigan and Brighton are both good sides and we beat them away.

Wigan were in a bad run of form and subsequently sacked their manager after the game and Brighton were poor at the start of the season.

When we come up against good teams and teams in form, we can't handle it.

That's not opinion that's fact.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan were in a bad run of form and subsequently sacked their manager after the game and Brighton were poor at the start of the season.

When we come up against good teams and teams in form, we can't handle it.

That's not opinion that's fact.

watford

I love it how Bucko and Keane have been brilliant for us yet all of a sudden people are having a go and calling for Keogh and Whitbread. Those two wouldn't have fared any better tonight. Bucko has been brilliant for us all season and I really rate Keane, one bad night for the whole team doesn't mean they're suddenly useless. No defenders could have survived the onslaught we suffered with zero help from a non existent midfield.

I thought the major problem for us tonight was the gap between our back 4 and our midfield, particularly when play broke down around the edge of their area. I don't think I've seen a front two win so much ball like was won against our back 4 in a long while.

We were too deep, and this allowed Leicester to pick up 2nd balls in dangerous areas almost at will. In contrast martin looked isolated, and when we did have good ball in the middle of the park, we gave it away far too easily (particularly Hendrick) who had an absolute mare I'm afraid, he was particularly poor against Chelsea also, I think tonight was not a game for him to be starting considering he is still working back to full match fitness, and has hardly played any football over the last 4months.

The space in front of our back 4 left us unbelievably vulnerable, particularly when your centre halves are being completely dominated in the air, and your midfield looks like they couldn't track a runner if their lives depended on it.

So yes, we were 2nd best all over the pitch and we do just have to write this one off and move on, we are still 4th in the league and have everything to play for. But I do worry that for the first glaringly obvious time Steve got it completely wrong tonight, both tactically and with the personnel he employed.

Bennett after coming on as and looking really sharp against Chelsea, should have come in for Ward, who is looking more and more awful by the game, I generally can't think of one decent contribution he made to the hame in 55 mins or however long he played. Eustace should have been planted in front of that back for to break up all the knockdowns and second balls Leicester won throughout the match so comfortably.

Tactically, I can't believe the team was not advised by Steve, when we had survived to go in at H/T only 1-0 down and still very much in the game, to push up, and stick someone deep to play in front of the back 4 and offer more protection.

Why Ward wasn't dragged off at H/T i don't know, he left wisdom so horribly exposed and did nothing going forward.

The penalty was just an absolute shocker which summed up the whole night, that's the worst piece of defending I've ever seen, was an absolute killer, just when you thought momentum could have shifted in our favour.

So above all, it's a reality check, not a reason to be doom and gloom we've been excellent under the new regime and we still have it all to play for. But I genuinely believe that we learnt more about the players tonight than we did winning 8/9. It's time to shake things up with one or 2 changes with players who just don't seem to be able to make the right decisions for the team, yes I'm talking about Ward. 

If we want to kick on from here, we should use tonight as a learning curve, and start getting smarter. Tonight we didn't use our brains, you can have all the raw ability in the world, but if you can't manage your decisions and recognise what you need to do when your backs are against the wall, all we will ever be is a team that has all the talent but not the mentality that wins promotion.

I'm sure it will all be sorted out, but we just need to get back to basics now, because that performance was what can only be described as naive.

Up the Rams!

I love it how Bucko and Keane have been brilliant for us yet all of a sudden people are having a go and calling for Keogh and Whitbread. Those two wouldn't have fared any better tonight. Bucko has been brilliant for us all season and I really rate Keane, one bad night for the whole team doesn't mean they're suddenly useless. No defenders could have survived the onslaught we suffered with zero help from a non existent midfield.

I don't understand your point the defense and midfield were non existent tonight and Keogh is our captain and will come back in when fit. Eustace may or may not have made a difference but the Foxes were the better side and that's it. We move on to Brighton

PS If you give pens away from a goal kick like that tonight when back in game it's not your night.

The problem isn't Keane himself, for the most part he's played okay. Although he does have the slight tendency to give the ball away in suicidal situations. The biggest problem is the lack of organisation at the back. As soon as Keogh got injured, we look all over the place. Wisdom has nosedived without Keogh alongside him as well. I've not seen enough of whitbread to know if he's better than Keane or not, but as soon as Keogh is fit, he comes back alongside bucks for me.

Leicester had a midfield, Derby's was non-existant.

+1 Bryson /Hughes /Hendrick all shocking felt sorry for back 4 and Martin .Have to say question Steve tonight when he puts on two very young players against a side like Leicester when getting battered .They were never going to turn it round.

+1 Bryson /Hughes /Hendrick all shocking felt sorry for back 4 and Martin .Have to say question Steve tonight when he puts on two very young players against a side like Leicester when getting battered .They were never going to turn it round.

how many times did the CBs let the ball bounce and how can you give pens away like that

Archived