Leicester City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Can't think of anything positive from that at all except that we got away with only conceding 4 goals cos it could have been much more.

I am critical of Hendrick because it was his job to break up play and win balls but equally, Hughes and Bryson completely lost their composure and the few times we had possession it was squandered. Buxton and Keane were poor as well. Rubbish start to the weekend.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a plan B? Is it changing the system which also make no difference or to hoof it long. Player for player we got out played I don't think anything we could have tried would have worked. He threw on 3 forward players which has worked before so tried that.

It worked once against Watford. Against Barnsley we barely held onto the win, barely held a draw against Huddersfield.

Teams have been creating loads if chances against us - including Doncaster- but haven't scored the goals.

A plan B is trying something different - especially when teams have sussed how to stop us playing our game.

McLaren himself said we need to earn the right to play - just after the Dincaster game I think. Seen no evidence of it really.

Genuinely believe we have the players, which makes tonight more frustrating. But why can t we attack with any conviction? There is no way a 4-1 difference in the to squads, but Leicester haven't played with fear. Even when we attack, it's running away from the box towards the wings rather than direct. We just seem apologetic begat we are even in huge position we are. Dare say it but we need more of a swagger and arrogance about us.

-mclaren needs to shoulder a bit of this for tonight, not playing Eustace left no experience anywhere at the back. Can we stop making Nugent look a million dollars please?

-Hughes needs resting. Great prospect, but he's behind the pace. Slow on the ball and a yard behind when defending. Floating through games rather than stamping his authority. Not been doing it for a little while now, starting to be a little exposed?

-let hendrick play his natural game, not a holding player. Start Eustace!

-play without fear, look at dyer down our right. Direct and runs at the player. He didn't even have to think about defending tonight, as a contrast look at Ward

-I will always defend Forsyth when I can, but that challenge was a shocker

-I hate Steve Walsh

-was a big night for keane and he was made to look second rate sadly.

Saying all this a run like this was just round the corner, little decisions aren't going for us eg Nugent s first goal. Also refs are being pretty poor at the moment. Did nothing dramatically bad, but thought Leicester had him in their pocket all night (no booking for konchesky and stopping play in good positions for derby). I'm just frustrated because we can play a lot lot better than that. I hate it when we give teams an easy ride, tonight that's what it felt like to me.

I suppose I've seen us near the top, and now we have tasted that I dont want it to stop. It just feel like sometimes we go into games, with a mindset that we cant win. I just want us to have a bit of conviction, and that was missing tonight

A poor, poor performance by us.

Tactically we were too naive. Leicester have a front four of Vardy, Nugent, Dyer and Knockaert possibly the best and fastest four in the championship. They also have two central midfielders, one of which one player of the month, and we go 3 in midfield, of which all 3 of them are pretty 'lightweight'. We got absolutely swamped in midfield, and probably should have gone with a 5 man midfield in an attempt to reduce Leicester's movement which was excellent.

Hendrick is no defensive midfielder and Craig Forsyth was as good as Bruce Forsyth tonight in a defensive capacity, why did he bring Vardy down? Absolute stupidity!

Keane and Buxton looked like they had no understanding of each other whatsoever and let the ball bounce from long punts upfield way to often.

Grant kept the score line from turning into a cricket score, manageing to pull off 2 or 3 good saves.

Hughes was decent and looked like the only player who could create anything.

Dawkins and Ward both tripe. Ward kicked out at Nugent before he got subbed in sheer frustration, as Nugent was far too clever for him and just cut him off when Ward tried to do his usual, 'kick the ball 20 yards in front of him and hope he beats his man for pace' trick.

Martin's hold up play was good, but had little support. Bamford showed a few good touches but looks wasted on the right.

The game has given us a huge reality check which I think is what we needed. We need to buy a proper defensive midfielder if Eustace isn't capable of playing 90 minutes, and a defensive left back. Too many misplaced passes, mistimed tackles and misplaced clearances from Forsyth for me.

Over to you now McClaren!

Lets move on forget this! Hope for a couple of new faces coming in

New players isn't the answer. When back on the training ground have a practice match. Every time someone gets the basics wrong punish them. At times like these you realize how little there is between professional footballers and those who play on Sunday's. 

Just got back. That was a bloody disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did not seem to have the passion and heart to attempt to win that. Martin was good, the rest just in dreamland. Leicester supporters laughing yet again. Bang bang bang bang just miles better than us over the pitch.......You let the club down tonight. So Embarresed :-0

A poor, poor performance by us.

Tactically we were too naive. Leicester have a front four of Vardy, Nugent, Dyer and Knockaert possibly the best and fastest four in the championship. They also have two central midfielders, one of which one player of the month, and we go 3 in midfield, of which all 3 of them are pretty 'lightweight'. We got absolutely swamped in midfield, and probably should have gone with a 5 man midfield in an attempt to reduce Leicester's movement which was excellent.

Hendrick is no defensive midfielder and Craig Forsyth was as good as Bruce Forsyth tonight in a defensive capacity, why did he bring Vardy down? Absolute stupidity!

Keane and Buxton looked like they had no understanding of each other whatsoever and let the ball bounce from long punts upfield way to often.

Grant kept the score line from turning into a cricket score, manageing to pull off 2 or 3 good saves.

Hughes was decent and looked like the only player who could create anything.

Dawkins and Ward both tripe. Ward kicked out at Nugent before he got subbed in sheer frustration, as Nugent was far too clever for him and just cut him off when Ward tried to do his usual, 'kick the ball 20 yards in front of him and hope he beats his man for pace' trick.

Martin's hold up play was good, but had little support. Bamford showed a few good touches but looks wasted on the right.

The game has given us a huge reality check which I think is what we needed. We need to buy a proper defensive midfielder if Eustace isn't capable of playing 90 minutes, and a defensive left back. Too many misplaced passes, mistimed tackles and misplaced clearances from Forsyth for me.

Over to you now McClaren!

lol over to you mcClaren needs money over to the board  

It worked once against Watford. Against Barnsley we barely held onto the win, barely held a draw against Huddersfield.

Teams have been creating loads if chances against us - including Doncaster- but haven't scored the goals.

A plan B is trying something different - especially when teams have sussed how to stop us playing our game.

McLaren himself said we need to earn the right to play - just after the Dincaster game I think. Seen no evidence of it really.

We bearly held onto a win and a draw away and beat Watford, god we are complaining now. We were outplayed tonight and were terrible, yet we are 3rd, best away record, top scores in the div. yes we find it harder when pressed, well what team doesn't? Does that mean we should stop trying to play it out?

We bearly held onto a win and a draw away and beat Watford, god we are complaining now. We were outplayed tonight and were terrible, yet we are 3rd, best away record, top scores in the div. yes we find it harder when pressed, well what team doesn't? Does that mean we should stop trying to play it out?

Until we've earned the right to play our game in matches - yes.

We are third TRUE - but if we dint pick up wins in our next two 7th place will suddenly be on our back door step.

Nah don't be so hard on yourselves. You're a good side that should at least get playoffs. I would like us both to go up

anyway , its been a pleasure , sensible posts from you , hope you pop in from time to time , good luck

:D

Thought Leicester were excellent, but i still haven't forgiven them for 1994. I worried that as the game went on we seemed to get slower and slower on the ball in midfield and i thought Hughes/Hendrick played themselves and hence the team into trouble on quite a few occasions with unnecessary one-two's that were inaccurately executed (very slowly) and easily broken up.

Was Bryson really fit?

We are in good shape, ref was very poor tonight almost had a blue shirt on and from Nottingham... But we move on, we will sign 2 or 3 players now, Steve sat with Sam and we have to invest. If only Forsyth hadn't hacked down Vardi who is quick..

Leicester will slow up and looks like the thugs (which they have always been) now have a few injuries..

Bad Bad performance but let's not dwell on the negatives too much!

4th in the table, 8 points in front of 6th

Need 2 or 3 good players brought in, preferably a winger that can take corners and run at defenders, a defensive midfielder (Hendrick is shi*) and a left back in case of an injury to Forsyth.

Hughes needs to bulk up a bit, too lightweight and Ward needs to go, he doesn't look interested.

I think its Playoff's at best for us rams.

Just for the record, and off topic and everything but I hate Nugent, probably more than I hate Billy Davies, especially tonight. Wot a w anchor that man is. Doh.

Leicester were absolutely incredible and I think they'd have beaten anyone in the league with that performance.

It's no exaggeration to say they could have beat us 10-1.

That really was a complete performance from them and I think they are head and shoulders above us, surprisingly though, they took us to the cleanre playing football.

I've never seen such a woeful right back performance and I hope that doesn't get lost in the fact people will think I'm on to have a go. Wisdom had an absolute nightmare.

Last thing from me and I'l let others decide whether I'm being sausagety or not.

They scored their second goal in the 50th minute. 4 and half minutes after the kick off McClaren missed the goal, he wasn't out yet.

Eric Steele told him how they scored, McClaren hadn't seen anything, walked up to Simpson and said "get em all on"

WTF? First of all you didnt watch the five minutes, secondly, stop going up into the stand and sittting with the CEO, get in the fecking dugout and influence things directly.

Horrible result and we need to pick ourselves and not lose on Saturday.

No need to panic but it's important that the young lads are not shot confidence wise.

Archived