Leicester City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ward was arguably our best player in the first half against Chelsea. Yes, he had a poor game yesterday but so did the whole side.

You take Ward out of the side and you take out the creativity.

McClaren has already given Hughes a new role which limits his creativity so without Ward, who is the creator?

I would love to see Mason get his chance but not at the cost of established first teamers that we need in the side.

The posters on this board always need a scapegoat. Grant has had his time as scapegoat, Buxton had a long time as scapegoat, Keogh had his time........hmmmmm.....who can we choose next. OK, how about Ward. Yes, he'll do.

I've not seen anyone arguing that he was good against Chelsea, I don't remember him doing anything.

Infact I don't really remember him creating anything for about the last 10 games.

I'm not one for having a scapegoat and don't see why people are not allowed to say if they think someone is playing poorly and needs dropping.

I've not seen anyone arguing that he was good against Chelsea, I don't remember him doing anything.

Infact I don't really remember him creating anything for about the last 10 games.

I'm not one for having a scapegoat and don't see why people are not allowed to say if they think someone is playing poorly and needs dropping.

I thought he was our best player in the first 45 and the pundits at half time on the box both said the same thing. Funny how some fans seem to be blind to that.

If someone is playing poorly and needs dropping then fine, I agree. Ward hasn't played as well as he can in the last few games but neither has Dawkins, Grant, Hughes to name but three.

He remains pivotal to the side and I certainly wouldn't replace him with a 17 year old who has yet to show in the times he has played that he has what it takes.

Also bear in mind that Ward is not playing in his favoured position. McClaren isn't afraid to play players out of their favoured positions. That is becoming clear.

poor defensive performance form keane, wisdom and fozzy.

Bucko again being the only one we could rely on back there

To be honest thought it was Buckos poorest game for a while. They were just too good Leicester. Onwards and upwards

I thought he was our best player in the first 45 and the pundits at half time on the box both said the same thing. Funny how some fans seem to be blind to that.

If someone is playing poorly and needs dropping then fine, I agree. Ward hasn't played as well as he can in the last few games but neither has Dawkins, Grant, Hughes to name but three.

He remains pivotal to the side and I certainly wouldn't replace him with a 17 year old who has yet to show in the times he has played that he has what it takes.

Also bear in mind that Ward is not playing in his favoured position. McClaren isn't afraid to play players out of their favoured positions. That is becoming clear.

Not blind to anything, just don't remember him doing anything other than failing to beat the first man with his set pieces.

Not a fan of Dawkins myself.

Not sure what Grant has done wrong recently but would agree that Hughes needs a rest.

The idea that Ward is pivotal to the team was probably true 2 seasons ago. Don't miss him in the slightest if he doesn't play anymore. Our best spell against Chelsea came immediately after he was taken off.

Not sure where the last paragraph comes from either to be honest.

Not blind to anything, just don't remember him doing anything other than failing to beat the first man with his set pieces.

Not a fan of Dawkins myself.

Not sure what Grant has done wrong recently but would agree that Hughes needs a rest.

The idea that Ward is pivotal to the team was probably true 2 seasons ago. Don't miss him in the slightest if he doesn't play anymore. Our best spell against Chelsea came immediately after he was taken off.

Not sure where the last paragraph comes from either to be honest.

Hmmm.

2 seasons ago. 37 league games. 4 goals.

Last season. 25 league games. 12 goals.

This season. 20 league starts. 7 goals.

The stats would disagree with you but sometimes stats lie. 

Clough wanted to play him as a striker and I would like to see him play further up top. His goals record is very, very good especia;;y when you consider how much of that time he was playing as a left sided midfielder.

Now he's playing on the right. Not sure he enjoys it out there.

Hmmm.

2 seasons ago. 37 league games. 4 goals.

Last season. 25 league games. 12 goals.

This season. 20 league starts. 7 goals.

The stats would disagree with you but sometimes stats lie. 

Clough wanted to play him as a striker and I would like to see him play further up top. His goals record is very, very good especia;;y when you consider how much of that time he was playing as a left sided midfielder.

Now he's playing on the right. Not sure he enjoys it out there.

But 2 seasons ago he was creating lots of chances, lately he has not been creating anything.

2 seasons ago he used to skip away from full backs, how often does he do that now.

I don't think he enjoys it out there and it shows in his performances and petulance.

But 2 seasons ago he was creating lots of chances, lately he has not been creating anything.

2 seasons ago he used to skip away from full backs, how often does he do that now.

I don't think he enjoys it out there and it shows in his performances and petulance.

So why is McClaren playing him out there?

Square pegs in round holes.

You didn't deal with the pace of Dyer or Vardy, mind you very few teams have been able to this season.

We have had a ridiculous amount of penalties go our way this season and many are down to Vardy running at players with pace.

Enjoyed last night, thanks for the 3 points (again), but really, it is just another game to us, Derby is most definitely not our cup final.

We are on our own, we want to beat everyone, we don't have a petty local rivalry. Your 'thing' with Florist almost sounds like a perverse love affair at times.

We like no one, we hate everyone.

We're Leicester City, we're all on our own.

You didn't deal with the pace of Dyer or Vardy, mind you very few teams have been able to this season.

We have had a ridiculous amount of penalties go our way this season and many are down to Vardy running at players with pace.

Enjoyed last night, thanks for the 3 points (again), but really, it is just another game to us, Derby is most definitely not our cup final.

We are on our own, we want to beat everyone, we don't have a petty local rivalry. Your 'thing' with Florist almost sounds like a perverse love affair at times.

We like no one, we hate everyone.

We're Leicester City, we're all on our own.

Then why are you here, posting on a Derby County forum?

So why is McClaren playing him out there?

Square pegs in round holes.

Not sure why he is still playing him that was the whole reason I said he should be dropped.

If a winger is not capable of switching between the right and left flank at this level then I would suggest a drop down to a more suitable level personally.

Probably because he's all on his own and very lonely?

Just an innocent bit of gloating at the expense of a small local club up the road. Believe me just a one off today as I sit watching Chelsea v Hull on the TV, checking out our opposition for next year.

Go and hug a few Forest fans and tell them how its just you and them for always.

Not sure why he is still playing him that was the whole reason I said he should be dropped.

If a winger is not capable of switching between the right and left flank at this level then I would suggest a drop down to a more suitable level personally.

Are you serious?!  :rolleyes:

OK. Credibility lost.

Let's just switch our full backs around. I mean, if they're good enough to play left back then they have to be good enough to play right back.

I really have heard it all now  :blink:

He got rinsed for pace by Vardy last night, totally skinned. It was the only bit of defensive work I noticed from Ward. 

Archived