Leicester City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still so disapointed with us last night.

The defence was far, far too deep, created a huge gap between the wingers and fullbacks and left Wisdom and Forsyth getting doubled up on all game. That's not a crticism of Mac's tactics becase even if the defence played high up, Leicester's pace would have killed us on the break.

I though Buxton and Keane were absolutely awful (not saying they arn't good defenders, just last night they were crap). Nugent and Vardy were class but many basic errors by Bucko and Keane didn't help matters.

The midfield was very, very poor. If we'd looked after the ball better it would have helped the defence alot and allowed the wingers to do what they do best, attack. We were crying out for an experienced DM to put his foot on the

ball and calm things down. From the times of seeing Hendrick there, I just don't think his style is suited to the holding midfield role at all.

Saying all this, Leicester were unreal, 100% going up this season. Wasn't expecting anything out of the game so we need to forget about it and beat Brighton next week.

Just logged on here, not bothered reading most of the thread as there will be the usual commotion!

In not a lot of words, there is a section in A P McCoys autobiography ( record breaking jumps jockey and one of the greatest sportsman ever ) where he thought he had a chance on his horse coming to the second last fence, even though the classier favourite was absolutely cantering, he asked his horse for a big jump, misjudged it and both horse and jockey took a mother and father of a fall.

McCoy said to his trainer (Jonjo O Neill) "We still had a chance"

JonJo replied "Sometimes you just have to finish 2nd"

Summed up last nights game perfectly.

Disappointing result, but like some has mentioned, Leicester will always get one over us in the same way we will with Leeds. A simple case of one upping their game to cup final levels and another thinking it's merely 3 points.

We'll make the playoffs. Or at least get very close

There are 21 games remaining, we'll definitely win at least 8 which will give us 68 points minimum.

Leicester fan in peace, just wanted to point out although that was one of our better performances this season it wasn't a case of 'upping our game' at all, Vardy and nugent quality again last night, what do u guys think to Michael Keane?? Liked him at Leicester :)

Well, Bolton knocked 3 past you, Forest beat you easily.

You defo were up for the game last night, I listened to radio Lesta on the way home, and they were mostly over excited about playing the best football in 5 years or summart.

One guy did ring and say that they must stop switching off? Don't quite know what he was on about? Unless he means our goal?

Well, Bolton knocked 3 past you, Forest beat you easily.

You defo were up for the game last night, I listened to radio Lesta on the way home, and they were mostly over excited about playing the best football in 5 years or summart.

One guy did ring and say that they must stop switching off? Don't quite know what he was on about? Unless he means our goal?

They did indeed but if u were at the game it was just weird lol, didn't deserve 3 goals at all:L and we had 30 off shots mate, as for forest we do tend to up our game coz that is our main derby but they just stuck to a boring billy plan everyone behind ball & brake, wasn't our day:L

& of course we're gonna be up for it coz it was a big game at the top but wouldn't say just because it's you lol; & btw keep thinking it as 3pts not bothered we're all on our owwwn.

Don't listen to em ahaha people talk rubbish-.- think he meant when u got goal back we had a quiet 5mins mate

One thing for sure , jeff cannot play that holding roll so that should be the lastvtimecwe see that surely, another thing the gap between defence and midfield was huge last night , but there are loads of young guys playing and at times they can be inconsistent and last night every one of them were off their game , it's now how they react to a doing like that but they are all good players with good attitude so it's onwards and upwards and I still think automatic promotion will happen

we have the best support the best training ground the best stadium but why o why dont the board put there hands in there ******* pockets an give him a war chest for god sake

The irony of calling our fans the best support while you sit on the internet slating the club while we are playing a match...

I would have been surprised had we got anything against Leicester hence me backing them at odds against for the home win (thank you bookies).

Once again, much of the fans irritation is aimed at scapegoat Ward. Two or three poor games and suddenly one of our main attacking threats of this season and last is targeted. To suggest giving Mason Bennett a chance is laughable. Just what has he ever done in a Derby shirt to warrant more game time?

The most ineffective player for me was Dawkins. He spent the whole game either running into blind alleys or shooting from distance when he clearly doesn't have that in his locker. Direct running is fine but an occasional end product is required. He needs to study videos of Leicester's Dyer. He might learn a thing or two.

We need our captain back. That is clear. Buxton isn't a leader and Keane hasn't looked the part. Forsyth looks our best defender and then he stupidly gifts their penalty.

I would drop Hughes and have Bryson and Hendrick in the centre of midfield on current form. Just what is McClaren doing with Hughes? Under Clough he was excellent and McClaren has stated that he wants Hughes to play a different role. Clearly this different role is not working.

Clough got a lot of stick as he was guilty of trying to accommodate players even if it meant playing them out of position. McClaren is clearly guilty of doing that with Hendrick.

Another thread was started recently welcoming back Bailey. Well, Bailey is a defensive midfielder. Wouldn't he serve as a better back up to Eustace?

Gave Englands best left back of the last 10 years the run around for 20 minutes?

Surely players must also be judged on what they are doing on the training ground otherwise no young players would ever break into the team.

Find it hard to see how anyone can defend Ward at the moment. Offers nothing defensively and gives the ball away virtually every time he gets it by either trying a fancy flick or trying to nutmeg the opponent, this is alway followed by a petulant foul handing possesion straight back to the opposition.

His spark has gone and he needs dropping in my opinion.

Gave Englands best left back of the last 10 years the run around for 20 minutes?

Surely players must also be judged on what they are doing on the training ground otherwise no young players would ever break into the team.

Find it hard to see how anyone can defend Ward at the moment. Offers nothing defensively and gives the ball away virtually every time he gets it by either trying a fancy flick or trying to nutmeg the opponent, this is alway followed by a petulant foul handing possesion straight back to the opposition.

His spark has gone and he needs dropping in my opinion.

Ward was arguably our best player in the first half against Chelsea. Yes, he had a poor game yesterday but so did the whole side.

You take Ward out of the side and you take out the creativity.

McClaren has already given Hughes a new role which limits his creativity so without Ward, who is the creator?

I would love to see Mason get his chance but not at the cost of established first teamers that we need in the side.

The posters on this board always need a scapegoat. Grant has had his time as scapegoat, Buxton had a long time as scapegoat, Keogh had his time........hmmmmm.....who can we choose next. OK, how about Ward. Yes, he'll do.

Archived