Leicester City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand your point the defense and midfield were non existent tonight and Keogh is our captain and will come back in when fit. Eustace may or may not have made a difference but the Foxes were the better side and that's it. We move on to Brighton

PS If you give pens away from a goal kick like that tonight when back in game it's not your night.

Apologies, my point is that Bucko and keane have been excellent for use recently and rightly people have been praising them, yet after one bad night - not just for them but for the whole team - suddenly they are not good another and people want them dropped. I don't either understand or agree with that view.

Keogh may come straight back in because he is the captain, but that doesn't make him a better defender that Buxton or keane.

And my point about the midfield was that however good a defender you are, if you have no protection in front of you you are going to struggle. A proper defensive midfielder would have made some difference as he would have picked up second balls and pressured Leicester's front two, when they dropped off the centre halves, or equally helped get in the way of their advancing midfielders.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Awesome night... in the Spanish Bar, Ilkeston, full of red dogs praying for a Derby defeat... sat with one other Rams fan and witnessed a horror show... almost 3 hours of ribbing... loved every minute...  :lol:  but why the feck were they chanting 1 point behind Derby? I was amazed.. like they have already won tomorrows game v Bolton... really hope they are eating humble pie after tonight... I certainly took one for the team, was very painful but still love my team (yes, very pissed too thanks to Mr Stella).. COYR.

The problem isn't Keane himself, for the most part he's played okay. Although he does have the slight tendency to give the ball away in suicidal situations. The biggest problem is the lack of organisation at the back. As soon as Keogh got injured, we look all over the place. Wisdom has nosedived without Keogh alongside him as well. I've not seen enough of whitbread to know if he's better than Keane or not, but as soon as Keogh is fit, he comes back alongside bucks for me.

Interesting, i come from the other direction where I think wisdom has made Keogh look a much better player. In fact one of the reasons we have looked more solid was that without having to worry about the right side of defence, the centre halves can concentrate on their own jobs. Don't agree that wisdom has nosedived since Keogh's not been in the team. But you might be right about Keogh, guess we will see as Mac has made it clear Keogh is straight back in, and keane is straight back to Man U.

Apologies, my point is that Bucko and keane have been excellent for use recently and rightly people have been praising them, yet after one bad night - not just for them but for the whole team - suddenly they are not good another and people want them dropped. I don't either understand or agree with that view.

Keogh may come straight back in because he is the captain, but that doesn't make him a better defender that Buxton or keane.

And my point about the midfield was that however good a defender you are, if you have no protection in front of you you are going to struggle. A proper defensive midfielder would have made some difference as he would have picked up second balls and pressured Leicester's front two, when they dropped off the centre halves, or equally helped get in the way of their advancing midfielders.

Hope that makes it clearer.

For me the midfielders weren't at their best tonight but the first goal was a great run by the full back cutting inside Dawkins and playing a one two past Hendrick then Wisdom failed to get across as Keane had got caught out. The 2nd Foxes goal was Keanes fault he let the ball bounce and Nugent nipped in past Bucko. The 3rd goal was a joke from a Foxes goal kick Bucko let if bounce and Forsyth dived in just after we had got back in game and they got a penalty. The 4th goal was when Hendrick tried to bring the ball down and I think he was fouled by Nugent but should maybe have been stronger. Then the foxes forwards did the rest with a brilliant one two.

At the end of the day we were poor but that penalty killed us and it was unnecessary

For me The midfielders weren't at their best tonight but the first goal was a great run by the full back cutting inside Dawkins and playing a one two past Hendrick then Wisdom failed to get across as Keane had got caught out. The 2nd Foxes goal was Keanes fault he let the ball bounce and Nugent nipped in past Bucko. The 3rd goal was a joke from a Foxes goal kick Bucko let if bounce and Forsyth dived in just after we had got back in game and they got a penalty. The 4th goal was when Hendrick tried to bring the ball down and I think he was fouled by Nugent but should maybe have been stronger. Then the foxes forwards did the rest with a brilliant one two.

For the first goal, doesn't Hendrick need to be tracking that run after the first ball of the 1-2? Going with the man in a 1-2 situation like that is basic defending, Hendrick got caught out ball watching a few times, was pretty shocking.

For the first goal, doesn't Hendrick need to be tracking that run after the first ball of the 1-2? Going with the man in a 1-2 situation like that is basic defending, Hendrick got caught out ball watching a few times, was pretty shocking.

Seen that happen with Eustace as well but the point is you can't just blame the midfield because Wisdom who has been great for us was completely outplayed by Dyer.

We were like rabbits in headlights and Eustace would of been another rabbit tonight.

It's just a bad day but I'm not downhearted we will come again

What is going on with Hendrick seems to have taken his eye off the ball and stopped working hard!

Is there an attitude problem?

Does he think he's made it after 1 good season and stopped working hard?

Needs to spend more time working at his game than getting pissed and knocked out one would say!

Sorry for the rant but he's frustrating the hell out of me because I know how good he could be but I have a horrible feeling he's not got the mentality to be a top player and could he be the next Adam Murray?

Seen that happen with Eustace as well but the point is you can't just blame the midfield because Wisdom who has been great for us was completely outplayed by Dyer.

We were like rabbits in headlights and Eustace would of been another rabbit tonight.

It's just a bad day but I'm not downhearted we will come again

I agree, Wisdom was awful tonight, as were many, and I'm not downhearted either, I don't think we even need to bring in many, I think we have an excellent nucleus, I just think we need a few tweaks here and there. I'm not sure Eustace would have made a difference for the goal either, but I'm pretty sure he would have given us a lot more general protection, which was what was lacking tonight, there was no platform there to deal with Leicester.

I also believe Ward had a lot to do with how much Wisdom had to deal with, because he offered no attacking threat himself, which pretty much gave Dyer a free license to attack all match.

Couldn't have gone any worse tonight against the Man Utd rejects. Conceded the first goal, then the second just after half time then gave away an utter stupid penalty at an appalling time in the game where we could have got a draw. What on god's earth Forsyth was trying to do I'll never know. Wisdom got left for dead by Dyer.all night. Leicester treated it as we would against Leeds, fired up the players and they wanted it so much more than we did. And their football at times was sublime.

Confirmed to me Hendrick is not a holding midfielder. We need one asap. He was dreadful. 

Positives are that it shows me that we need 2-3 more signings to sustain a play off place.

We won't do a Blackpool though :)

I agree, Wisdom was awful tonight, as were many, and I'm not downhearted either, I don't think we even need to bring in many, I think we have an excellent nucleus, I just think we need a few tweaks here and there. I'm not sure Eustace would have made a difference for the goal either, but I'm pretty sure he would have given us a lot more general protection, which was what was lacking tonight, there was no platform there to deal with Leicester.

I also believe Ward had a lot to do with how much Wisdom had to deal with, because he offered no attacking threat himself, which pretty much gave Dyer a free license to attack all match.

I am in agreement about Wardy in that respect but you could see how frustrated he was just before he got subbed with a late challenge but I wouldn't single any player out on an off night for the whole team .

I've noticed something Mac will need to address and that is Wisdom letting the ball bounce instead of getting stuck in straight away . Happened with young Keane and Bucko as well.

Still I'm upbeat about the future as after all we have a young side still learning.

BBC getting the manager wrong, fail

Derby boss Nigel Clough:

"Leicester are a very good team and top of table and on that performance you can see why, but we were well below our best - that wasn't the Derby team of recent months.

"But you can't maintain that sort of form all the time, you know you're going to have dips.

"To come to Leicester you need to be at your best, and tonight we weren't. It's a wake up call for us and a realisation that there's a long way to go."

I have to wonder why (flukes apart) we are clinging onto this playoff place scenario. We would want to go into them thinking we had a chance. Of course its never a bad thing in itself but to get thru those and get promoted we would likely have to beat over two legs QPR or Burnley. The same Burnley who got a great draw at Fester just a couple of weeks ago. No chance. 

Archived