Barnsley v Derby County

sage

i was slightly please he scored.

I wouldn't go that far but it was a good goal, and i can't help but feel that nigel treated him like ****.

.....he seemed like a nice kid who loved playing for Derby.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we played really well in patches, but twice when we had a stranglehold on the game we seemed to relax and let them back into it. At two nil we were bossing it but cywka was allowed to ride two soft challenges before smacking it in (great goal btw) and then it was all hands to the pump as they piled on the pressure.

The 433 works well when everyone does their job, but Hughes was off the pace the entire game and in the first half particularly russell left wisdom way too exposed by not tracking runners. We also made it hard for ourselves by carving out great positions but poor decision making (JR time your runs into the box please!) let us down.

Generally, we lost a lot of ball in the midfield area and were fortunate that our defence was good and they were so limited in attack otherwise no doubt they would have caused us more trouble.

The last three away games are following a similar pattern - dominate particularly in the first half, but find ourselves very much on the back foot second. It's great when you take your chances and are three nil up, like at Wigan but at Huddersfield it has cost us a point and today could easily have done so had their lad not blasted over when very well placed late on.

Anyway, that's the things to work on - the good stuff is plenty of good passing and movement, thought keane and Bucko looked really solid, wisdoms run and cross for martin's second goal was superb, Dawkins had another good game, tactics by sticking Mason on in the last few minutes eased the pressure and allowed us to see the game out comfortably, Bryson's was again excellent and I hope his surprising substitution doesn't mean he is injured, bucko's passing is unbelievable, and Granty came and punched a couple very well, which will help his confidence no end.

So all in all good stuff, some lovely football going forward, and had to dig in hard in the second half.

And he support was magnificent.

I wouldn't go that far but it was a good goal, and i can't help but feel that nigel treated him like ****.

.....he seemed like a nice kid who loved playing for Derby.

Its all pointless now but you can look at it the other way....Tommy was going nowhere in Wigan reserves, Nige (or his scouts :unsure: ), spotted him and gave him a chance. He is now a half decent championship player......

yeah but mom(for barnsley). He scored a goal? Martin got two and was far better.

Well he was their MOM, I was just acknowledging him tbf. Martin was obviously our MOM, he even stayed on his feet a bit.

Just want to say well done to Ilkleyram for his post about the smoke bomb. Spot on. Whoever bought it and lit in is an idiot pure and simple - and even more so, I hope that person reads these boards and realises they are an idiot. I will also be contacting the club and asking them to look into it.

Just want to say well done to Ilkleyram for his post about the smoke bomb. Spot on. Whoever bought it and lit in is an idiot pure and simple - and even more so, I hope that person reads these boards and realises they are an idiot. I will also be contacting the club and asking them to look into it.

Won't do any good if it was Sam Rush who let it off Or maybe Keough

Wisdom pissed me off today. Did not clap the fans once, the only player, when coming on and off the field of play. He's a quality, quality player, and we're lucky to have him, but he thinks he's a god send. What on earth was he doing just after the goal, trying to take on the whole Barnsley team whilst running across our penalty area? Utter madness.

A special mention for Lee Grant from me. His shot stopping has never been in doubt, but the last two games his punching and claiming the ball from crosses have been spot on, much improved, well done Eric! Keane and Buxton also get a mention, we simply don't look like conceding from corners and crosses anymore.

Good day, we weren't great, but neither were they. Deserved win. On the up

Cywka's goal was *****. You can't run that far that easily. He doesn't exactly beat anyone until he shoots. To be 2-0 up and concede a goal like that is disappointing. Sweet final strike from Cywka though.

Well done you folks that went. Nice one.

Cywka's goal was *****. You can't run that far that easily. He doesn't exactly beat anyone until he shoots. To be 2-0 up and concede a goal like that is disappointing. Sweet final strike from Cywka though.

Well done you folks that went. Nice one.

Missed the game, but sounds like we did enough. 

Missed the game, but sounds like we did enough.

Yeah it sounded great at 2-0. 58% of the ball and Barnsley had 1 or two shots on target. Cruising.

When you see the Cywka goal you'll feel a bit dissapointed. Eustace looked every bit his age and the back four couldn't possibly back up much more.

Nothing to worry about though. Eustace would usually have tripped him. He's a clever cynical bugger.

To be honest Eustace must be knackered with so many games so quickly. We need quality back-up to be acquired for him in Jan if we are to push on IMHO. Wisdom seems to have started messing about and straying away from what made him superb . Bryson can't be superhuman every game. Precisely the time when we really needed Hendrick to step in !! Still annoyed at him being unavailable.........anyone heard when he's likely to have got over the "concussion" ? We need him back.

To be honest they must all be buggered.

I can see Wigan being really tricky and much harder than the game up at their place. I can see a banana skin there if truth be told.......

Archived