Barnsley v Derby County

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant - 7. Not a lot to do to be honest

Wisdom - 6. The run and cross for the goal was immense, but then some silly runs with the ball cost him an extra mark.

Wane - 7. Played well, solid, good on the floor and air.

Bucko - 8. My MOTM today. Brilliant all round. Some of his passes first half were superb.

Forsyth - 6. Had a unique ability to put himself into some great positions but control let's him down.

Eustace - 6. Thought he had an off day. Some nice tidying up but players skipped by him all too easily.

Bryson - 6. Not the usual Bryson today. Should have scored end of first half.

Hughes - 6. Looking tired and not a influential as one month ago.

Dawkins - 6. Set up Martins goal but twice he was stupidly offside in quick succession when watching the line.

Russell - 7. God to see him back in the team. Worked hard.

Martin - 7. Deflected first goal, strikers second goal.

We looked tired today and not as effective with the passing moves. Still, it's a cliche but this time of year, it's the results that matter!

Seeing things already in Macs 4-3-3 which worry me. Legs going a bit on Hughes and Eustace. Requires all 3 to have Brysons strength and energy. Wont be long before we go to 3-5-2 type formation. 4-3-3 is a huge ask at any level let alone this league.

Without Hughes and still playing 4-3-3 we will lose tomorrow. The warning signs are there. We are knackered and its beginning to take its toll.

2-0 Barnsley

Play 3-5-2 then Derby win.

0-2

Just saying what I see, before daggers are drawn.

What a load of rubbish, to much time playing football manager.

Great win again today and keeps the run going

Just got back.

A bit like huddersfield.

I thought we were going to set about them at the start of the second half, but cywka took advantage of the space we seem to let teams have, and we didn't really pick up the baton again until the last 10 minutes.

I thought keane played well, hughes played well, and martin, but there is a collective failure to respond when we lose the ball and teams eventually twig that they can have a go.

Something is missing, and that something cost us the goals by patterson and cywka.

Such a pity we couldn't do 9 wins......but we were close.

Congratulations to the team.....maybe better opposition will bring the best out of us.

Just got back.

A bit like huddersfield.

I thought we were going to set about them at the start of the second half, but cywka took advantage of the space we seem to let teams have, and we didn't really pick up the baton again until the last 10 minutes.

I thought keane played well, hughes played well, and martin, but there is a collective failure to respond when we lose the ball and teams eventually twig that they can have a go.

Something is missing, and that something cost us the goals by patterson and cywka.

Such a pity we couldn't do 9 wins......but we were close.

Congratulations to the team.....maybe better opposition will bring the best out of us.

did you get in the dove inn?

did you get in the dove inn?

Yeah...... before and after.

Did you?

It was pretty busy before match, loads of derby fans.

But the barman was great....and the barstaff worked hard to keep everyone served.

Had a swifty afterwards when it was much quieter but still a dozen derby fans in there.

Nice pub.

I went in the Dove for one. We drank 'em out of bitter. :)

Nice pub.

We could have had 6 without any drama. Just needed to convert some of the brilliant positions we worked ourselves into.

Gave them one soft one, and they should have equalised at the end when their lad blazed over.

7/10 performances all over the park. Solid, neat and incisive. Generally strong defensively. We never really put it together, but job done with a tricky run of games coming up.

Well done lads.

Yeah...... before and after.

Did you?

It was pretty busy before match, loads of derby fans.

But the barman was great....and the barstaff worked hard to keep everyone served.

Had a swifty afterwards when it was much quieter but still a dozen derby fans in there.

Nice pub.

i ended up in the wmc just down the road. Everyone was really friendly. I had to make a donation to get in. I gave a quid and they all gasped!!

How did Russell play?

He had one terrific run in the first half, but on two occasions we pulled the ball across the box where he was waiting.....but behind him.

One stupid back pass to bucko when we needed to attack.

Could that something missing be 'boredom'?

I know people want to see us kill teams off and keep flying forward but perhaps at times we could slow it right down and bring in the 'boring sideways passing'?

We are perhaps too entertaining! But better like that than the other way.

Just sometimes seem to rush in periods in the game where the opposition are starting to get some momentum.

Not necessarily today.

Against Blackpool for example we had the pacing spot on. We just took all pace out the game and made it dull until we burst into life at will again.

Craig Ramage mentioned it today. Sometimes we rush too much. We're too eager to kill teams.

But again, if that's our biggest problem atleast we will always entertain. It's 'boring Barca' though that's required possibly. People like Hughes/Eustace need to step up and take the sting out with their composed intelligent passes.

But the excitment must be overflowing for these lads.

Russell was very poor first half. He was leaving Wisdom to cope with two all half. Simmo kept having to talk to him, there was also a point where Wisdom, Eustace and Hughes all berated him for not getting back. He was much better second half.

Hughes looked tired by and large, but still put in a few nice touches. Bryson was his usual self and should have scored. Eustace was brilliant today, although should have done better on their goal.

Thought we played well today! Sloppy passes caused us problems! Keane and Bucko played well! Wisdom made a couple of stupid pass backs and runs which really caught us out!! But for years we haven't won these types of games and we haven't held on! We now hold on to games instead of throwing games and points away! Martin needed a goal after his two pen misses so glad he got both much deserved!

Russell was very good but he just really needs to hold his runs 3 or 4 times the crosses were played behind him!

Overall fans were great very happy journey home!

What is missing: I think we need an upgrade on Eustace. An Idiakez, Eranio type who can dictate the pace of the game. It's asking for a lot I know.

But that wouldn't work. We need whoever is that position to be defensive minded. They have to think defending first.

I think the missing something is we stand off when we lose possession.

We let teams play.

according to the stats Barnsley had 19 shots.

Huddersfield had 25!

Archived