Barnsley v Derby County

sage

someone next to me clapped when he scored. Was it you?

I applauded his goal as I do for any good goal I see whether its for Derby or against us. I'm delighted that it was Cwyka that scored, I have a lot of time for him. He did an awful lot personally for me off the pitch that he didn't need to do. Great chap.

Regarding the smoke bomb, My mates little lad who came with us was scared stiff by it and wouldn't talk of anything else about fearing for his life when it landed about 10 foot away from us. I've never seen so much fear in someones eyes in years. 

Oh yeah...the football wasn't bad. We need to cut out the mistakes, keep shape and concentration in the last 20 minutes or so and try our hardest to score on the break while under the cosh. Against Huddersfield we gave up trying for a second, then they scored and we still didn't bother and seemed to accept the draw. Today it was similar but more like the players were trying to be too good for their own good, for instance Wisdom taking on the entire Barnsley team across his own box or Ward shooting from 25+ yards when he had many people on to pass to.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been saying for a while that Eustace just can't handle the pace more often than not. SM must be looking for a replacement in January. I believe SM can get us those players we need. 

Edit: Just seen the Barnsley goal. Just walked round Eustace as if he wasn't even there. No real passion to win the ball or even foul him. Once he was passed, there was zero desire to go after him. Might as well have said to the CB's he's your problem now. Utterly terrible and not what you expect from a defensive midfielder. The DM role suits our team but Eustace simply is not up to it. An outstanding second half performance against Ipswich does not justify your position in the starting line up for the rest of the season. 

Edit: Just seen the Barnsley goal. Just walked round Eustace as if he wasn't even there. No real passion to win the ball or even foul him. Once he was passed, there was zero desire to go after him. Might as well have said to the CB's he's your problem now. Utterly terrible and not what you expect from a defensive midfielder. The DM role suits our team but Eustace simply is not up to it. An outstanding second half performance against Ipswich does not justify your position in the starting line up for the rest of the season. 

Eustace has been a rock during this run, we simply wouldn't have had the platform or nous to have done as well as we have done. Although he missed his tackle, Cwkya then ran 30 yards without a challenge, so it wasn't all his fault. He's probably a bit tired but to lambast him like this really misses the role he's played since the new management came in. I think we could possibly do with some competition for that role in January but Eustace has surprised a lot of people this year and been a major factor in our success.

To be honest Eustace must be knackered with so many games so quickly. We need quality back-up to be acquired for him in Jan if we are to push on IMHO. Wisdom seems to have started messing about and straying away from what made him superb . Bryson can't be superhuman every game. Precisely the time when we really needed Hendrick to step in !! Still annoyed at him being unavailable.........anyone heard when he's likely to have got over the "concussion" ? We need him back.

To be honest they must all be buggered.

I can see Wigan being really tricky and much harder than the game up at their place. I can see a banana skin there if truth be told.......

Hendrick put on twitter that he is back in training tomorrow.

Talk about taking a moment in isolation. Eustace was easily the best player on the pitch first half.

Keane also just hung a leg out as Cywka skipped past him. So not entirely Eustace's fault.

I thought we controlled the game from start to finish bar their 15 purple patch in the second half. And this is with a few players being off colour. Wisdom, despite his assist wasn't at his best and Dawkins (or Dorkings according to the betting shed outside) was below par.

Grant - 7

Wisdom - 6

Keane - 7

Buxton - 8

Forsyth - 6

Eustace - 7

Hughes - 6

Bryson - 7

Russell - 7

Dawkins - 6

Martin - 8

And message for anyone who'd rather be back at the BBG cus the IPro lacks character, I have no desire to have a ground that has broken beer bottles stuck to the top of walls and a view like this...

'd/13/12/30/hegubahe' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

Old grounds suck!!! But their Chicken Balti pies were naughty...

I thought we controlled the game from start to finish bar their 15 purple patch in the second half. And this is with a few players being off colour. Wisdom, despite his assist wasn't at his best and Dawkins (or Dorkings according to the betting shed outside) was below par.

Grant - 7

Wisdom - 6

Keane - 7

Buxton - 8

Forsyth - 6

Eustace - 7

Hughes - 6

Bryson - 7

Russell - 7

Dawkins - 6

Martin - 8

And message for anyone who'd rather be back at the BBG cus the IPro lacks character, I have no desire to have a ground that has broken beer bottles stuck to the top of walls and a view like this...

"d/13/12/30/hegubahe" alt="hegubahe">

Disagree about Wisdom. Had to cope being completely unshielded first half, and bar a moment of madness where he dribbled across our own box and put us bang in trouble, played very well. Dawkins also had a great first 20, but you're right, faded afterwards.

As for that view, it was perfect to block all 3 goals.

Disagree about Wisdom. Had to cope being completely unshielded first half, and bar a moment of madness where he dribbled across our own box and put us bang in trouble, played very well. Dawkins also had a great first 20, but you're right, faded afterwards.

As for that view, it was perfect to block all 3 goals.

Fortunately the booze hounds to my right and in front of me disappeared for the second half (surprising considering the bars were shut) so I could duck and swerve to my hearts content...

I clapped when he was made MOM, I liked him.

I laughed when he was - to be awarded MoM when you've only been on the pitch for a quarter of the game indicates just how poor Barnsley were otherwise.

Rot.

Grant - 7

Wisdom - 6

Keane - 7

Buxton - 8

Forsyth - 6

Eustace - 7

Hughes - 6

Bryson - 7

Russell - 7

Dawkins - 6

Martin - 8

"d/13/12/30/hegubahe" alt="hegubahe">

unlucky, both our goals were behind the stanchion!

I bet you saw them though. ;)

Ps, did it say "restricted view" ?

Eustace has been a rock during this run, we simply wouldn't have had the platform or nous to have done as well as we have done. Although he missed his tackle, Cwkya then ran 30 yards without a challenge, so it wasn't all his fault. He's probably a bit tired but to lambast him like this really misses the role he's played since the new management came in. I think we could possibly do with some competition for that role in January but Eustace has surprised a lot of people this year and been a major factor in our success.

Agree I was one that didn't rate Eustace but have gladly been proved very wrong.

Has been a key player but I also think we need to look for a younger/better replacement and that McLaren probably will.

Agree I was one that didn't rate Eustace but have gladly been proved very wrong.

Has been a key player but I also think we need to look for a younger/better replacement and that McLaren probably will.

I'm sure you're right, McUffin

Edit: Just seen the Barnsley goal. Just walked round Eustace as if he wasn't even there. No real passion to win the ball or even foul him. Once he was passed, there was zero desire to go after him. Might as well have said to the CB's he's your problem now. Utterly terrible and not what you expect from a defensive midfielder.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMwGDuCk3o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVOMwGDuCk3o

...and he didn't celebrate.

Archived