Barnsley v Derby County

sage

The smoke bombers deserve to be banned - I sincerely hope that they were caught on closed circuit tv, and that it is made available to the Derby police.

Only an utter pillock with less brains than a whelk would throw a smoke bomb in a crowded football stadium. It is stupid, reckless and dangerous - and to do it to your own fellow supporters is an act of wanton stupidity.

have you ever said something on here and wished you hadn't bothered. 20 years ago the smoke bomb thing would have been funny. I can remember a small fire on the terraces at Newcastle over Christmas once. Now days it's not acceptable but neither is jumping on the pitch. Why did we have all the cages/railings around us when the hillsborough disaster happened?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you ever said something on here and wished you hadn't bothered. 20 years ago the smoke bomb thing would have been funny. I can remember a small fire on the terraces at Newcastle over Christmas once. Now days it's not acceptable but neither is jumping on the pitch. Why did we have all the cages/railings around us when the hillsborough disaster happened?

Try being clearer next time. If it transpires that you were 'joking' or 'being sarcastic' about the smoke bomb throwers having 'done well', then well done yourself - everyone is agreeing with you and it required saying.

I thought we were poor today, Barnsley wanted it more and I doubt anyone can argue that.

We had the extra quality when needed, but on a different day it could have been 4-0 Derby, or 4-0 Barnsley.

and on another note - when was the last time Hughes actually had a good game? thought he was anonymous again today - when Hendrick comes back into the fray, i'd be tempted to give him a break.

and Buxton's passing is just a joy to watch, best footballing centre back in the division?

anyway, a wins a win.. just need to up the performance for the next game, get back to the Blackpool game standard.

I thought we were poor today, Barnsley wanted it more and I doubt anyone can argue that.

We had the extra quality when needed, but on a different day it could have been 4-0 Derby, or 4-0 Barnsley.

and on another note - when was the last time Hughes actually had a good game? thought he was anonymous again today - when Hendrick comes back into the fray, i'd be tempted to give him a break.

and Buxton's passing is just a joy to watch, best footballing centre back in the division?

anyway, a wins a win.. just need to up the performance for the next game, get back to the Blackpool game standard.

could have been 4-0 Barnsley?

I'm gob smacked, they were useless, Tommy's strike gave them hope, but looking back now, even though at the time it was arse like a chewed orange time, we were never in serious trouble. The way we held the ball up in their corner flag was immense. Well done lads.

someone next to me clapped when he scored. Was it you?

From what you say i think you were the other side of the stand to me.

I was frustrated because you see what he was going to do.

And whilst he did it brilliantly, why wasn't he stopped?

P.s. I might have clapped

From what you say i think you were the other side of the stand to me.

I was frustrated because you see what he was going to do.

And whilst he did it brilliantly, why wasn't he stopped?

P.s. I might have clapped

i was in the middle near the front. I agree he should have been stopped way back before he had a shot. As for the clap i was slightly please he scored.

could have been 4-0 Barnsley?

I'm gob smacked, they were useless, Tommy's strike gave them hope, but looking back now, even though at the time it was arse like a chewed orange time, we were never in serious trouble. The way we held the ball up in their corner flag was immense. Well done lads.

They created more than we did, and if it wasn't for excellent defending from Buxton and Keane then I think we could have been feeling the heat a bit more.

I didn't think they were amazing, but I certainly felt on an off day we could have come away with our legs between our tails, but then again - we had more than enough chances to win the game comfortably too.

They created more than we did, and if it wasn't for excellent defending from Buxton and Keane then I think we could have been feeling the heat a bit more.

I didn't think they were amazing, but I certainly felt on an off day we could have come away with our legs between our tails, but then again - we had more than enough chances to win the game comfortably too.

lets agree to differ. First half we were all over them, up to their goal we had chance after chance, then they came into it. But only then.

Sorry , had to laugh.. :lol:

some of our moves in the second half down the left were good goal scoring chances. Russell was too fast into the six yard box and the ball went behind him.

Don't agree with you at all Ambitious.

Barnsley wanted it more? That's one of those statements that is cliché and little else - I don't think they did. They wanted to win it and so did we.

Bryson had a great chance to put us 2 up before half time, Johnny Russell rounded the keeper nearly making it 2 in the first half and also shot wide when should have done better, and in the second half an inaccurate pull back was all that stopped us scoring more.

How many saves did Grant have to make?

They huffed and puffed - but they were at home.

Well, those who said Buxton was not a top 6 championship defender were spot on.

He's top 2 :D

Archived