Would you take 6th place now?

sage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think QPR will just prove too strong and win the league.

2nd place is up for grabs though. Burnley will struggle if they pick up injuries and I dont rate Pearson as a manager so think we've got as good as chance as them two.

I'd say no at this moment but it's so early on.

Agreed, keep the wembley experiance it puts you too far behind everyone else, knackers you if you win or lose, and only the FA benefit from the money in real terms

Whilst I agree with your first part,my instincts told me it would be the League rather than the FA that would benefit financially,and that their take would be dwarfed by that of the participant clubs.There'll often be a "loser takes all" agreement between finalists,and I recall the bounty to be quite significant,the winner obviously going on to far greater rewards.In view of this I went searching and came up with this:-

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/football-league-play-off-rules_2293633_2358924

(see section 5)

I wouldn't take 6th now (disregarding any other considerations) because it would take the fun out of the whole thing.There'd be no real misery or elation during games,because it simply wouldn't matter too much.

PS. Whilst I can't root out "Article 65" ,as cited in the link,I suspect it would lead to a distribution amongst member clubs,so it might be a tad unfair to say that any governing body "benefits"

Absolutely yes. Winning at Wembley would bring more cash for the next season.

There is usually an agreement between sides in the playoff final that the loser gets all the proceeds.

Ideal scenario is we win the league but don't go up. I'd miss this league. A lot.

That said, yes, I would take 6th place. Even now, that would still be an achievement. I enjoyed the play-offs a lot last time we were in them.

I'd probably rather finish 6th than any other place in the play-offs.

Ideal scenario is we win the league but don't go up. I'd miss this league. A lot.

That said, yes, I would take 6th place. Even now, that would still be an achievement. I enjoyed the play-offs a lot last time we were in them.

I'd probably rather finish 6th than any other place in the play-offs.

well, if we do go up, and have to settle for mid table every year, it'll be like old times in this league. Just use that to remember it by.

No cus Play Offs means expensive match tickets, an even more expensive trip to Wembley and seeing as my lad's birthday is at the start of June he wouldn't appreciate his Daddy spending all his present money on football games and the resultant alcoholism if we were to loose to the red dogs...

With our current form and the run in of games we have coming up. I would hope that we can catch up with the top 3 teams in the league by January. I think that qpr Leicester and reading are the three best teams in the league this season so I would take 6th :)

We want to win two trophies this year.

The Brian Clough Trophy.

And the championship Trophy.

No I won't take 6th place now. I know we are easily good enough to win this league and I want, and expect, us to do so.

There's not a 'new mood of optimism' now but a genuine mood of confidence and expectation.

I see no team in this division more capable of a sustained and succssful campaign to finish in the top one!

Archived