Michael Jacobs

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched Jacobs loads in U21s and just can't see much potential in him. Goes down blind alleys

Venetian blind alleys, curtains?

yes Wardy is fine maybe off form at moment though but he has scored loads for us. Eustace is worrying me more though as I think he's leggy

see, my problem with what you're saying about Jacobs is that he's hardly had a chance. Ward has had every chance, whether fit or unfit, whether on form or out of form, whether in a good mood or a bad mood. Yet Jacobs was "one for the future", which is fine by me. Allow him to learn and blood him, then in a couple of seasons, allow him to be integral.

I'm not saying that ultimately he will be excellent, I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's too early to say, and if you read the right up in the Wolves press, there's obviously loads of room for improvement.

I don't think in his few Derby appearances, he done any worse than Mason Bennett for example, who has also ran into dead ends and made bad decisions, but nobody is writing Bennett off.

see, my problem with what you're saying about Jacobs is that he's hardly had a chance. Ward has had every chance, whether fit or unfit, whether on form or out of form, whether in a good mood or a bad mood. Yet Jacobs was "one for the future", which is fine by me. Allow him to learn and blood him, then in a couple of seasons, allow him to be integral.

I'm not saying that ultimately he will be excellent, I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's too early to say, and if you read the right up in the Wolves press, there's obviously loads of room for improvement.

I don't think in his few Derby appearances, he done any worse than Mason Bennett for example, who has also ran into dead ends and made bad decisions, but nobody is writing Bennett off.

Mostyn would you rather keep Jacobs and him not get games or if you think he should play who would you drop and why

Mostyn would you rather keep Jacobs and him not get games or if you think he should play who would you drop and why

let him have the rest of the season on loan, then give him a full pre-season with the rest of the team. He needs exposure to the first team, but not a starting place. The plan was to 'develop' him, so develop him how you develop any player.

He could quite easily come on for a tired Dawkins or Ward

I'll admit, I was going off a load of F*rest fans slating McClaren for doing it. My bad, didn't realise they had the initiative to tell lies!

They blamed McClaren for the fact that it snowed so much last year.

let him have the rest of the season on loan, then give him a full pre-season with the rest of the team. He needs exposure to the first team, but not a starting place. The plan was to 'develop' him, so develop him how you develop any player.

He could quite easily come on for a tired Dawkins or Ward

Bamford and Russell or Bennett !

to be honest, I'd want to send Bennett out to get a full season loan.

You have a point but Mason is better served with Mac IMO he's work in progress . You clearly think Jacobs is worth a go but I disagree but then I thought Maguire was good and I notice he scored the other day for Sheff We'd. All about opinions lol. Eustace who I lauded is a worry for me now as I think he's struggling with 2 games a week .

@OwenBradley: Looks like Derby's Michael Jacobs will join Wolves permanently, possibly later today. I understand the deal is worth £300k. #dcfcfans

More than we have paid for Dawkins. Fair enough deal. He has potential, but maybe he needs to play Div One before he makes at Championship level.

More than we have paid for Dawkins. Fair enough deal. He has potential, but maybe he needs to play Div One before he makes at Championship level.

Dawkins was £200k up front, possibly rising to £500k with add-ons wasn't it? Jacobs deal might be structured similarly, meaning it could be less?

Never had a consistent run to prove himself at this level. Dropping down a division, into a side that should be challenging for the L1 title should be a good move for him. He'll be back up in the Championship next season with more experience behind him.

Dawkins was £200k up front, possibly rising to £500k with add-ons wasn't it? Jacobs deal might be structured similarly, meaning it could be less?

Never had a consistent run to prove himself at this level. Dropping down a division, into a side that should be challenging for the L1 title should be a good move for him. He'll be back up in the Championship next season with more experience behind him.

Dawkins's fee was 'undisclosed'. Anything quoted on here, whether based upon something quoted in the papers or otherwise, is guesswork.

Archived